Production Resource Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Jere Harris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Confusing and conflicting messages and guidelines from upper management (in 5 reviews)

• I came to PRG as a union ( IATSE) overhire electrician for work on individual projects according to their labor needs (in 4 reviews)

1. "Staff Accountant"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Buffalo Grove, IL

I worked at Production Resource Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Maricor - The controller is very understanding and helpful throughout my tenure. Her years of experience and knowledge really lifts the entire company.

Cons

The recent conversion towards Oracle Fusion has been very slow.

2. "Full review in “advice to management” section"

Former Employee - Shop Tech (Audio) in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Shop Tech (Audio) in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Production Resource Group full-time

Pros

Health benefits were said to be top notch, the team seemed to be cool people to work with. Four 10 hour days a week was an awesome schedule.

Cons

I didn’t end up landing the position after all so I cannot express any cons about the company or what is was like to work with the Las Vegas location.

Advice to Management

Had an overall solid interview on October 16, 2017. I have a couple misdemeanors (first offense) on my record from a situation that happened a couple years ago and was honest from the gate during my interview about them. Was contacted a few days later with them saying “Good News, we’ve decided to move forward with your hiring process” After having issues landing other jobs because of the misdemeanors and having PRG tell me they were moving forward with my hiring process after already being told what was currently on my record was a GREAT feeling. I figured they discussed my situation and made a decision to move forward with my hiring process anyways. I was wrong. I took their drug test and submitted my background check paperwork. I waited over a month to just be told it’s a no go because of what was on my background check. I had made a mistake a couple years ago and since then have grown as a person tremendously. There is nothing more heartbreaking than trying to get your life on the right track and getting the feeling like a company is about to give you your chance at improving your life to just end up getting your heart crushed all over again and leaving you on the curb. It was confusing why they even moved forward with the process when I had expressed what was already on my record. For a warehouse position that doesn’t have the greatest turnover rate, I would think they’d want someone who wouldn’t care about how boring the position is because they need the work no matter what. I was ready to stick with PRG for the long haul and get my life back on track and put what happened two years ago behind me and move forward with life. A month of being the most happy and excited I had been in a while about the opportunity just ended up being huge waste of time. I would’ve rather had them not call me back after the interview than to get my hopes up the way everything went down. I wish they would’ve given me the opportunity to work with their company instead of defining me as a criminal because that is not who or what I am at all. I am a good person at heart and a great leader and team member. I listen and take direction well and execute tasks efficiently and precisely, I know I would’ve been a great asset to their team. I was ready to put in the work to move up in the ranks while starting at the bottom no matter how tough or boring the job was...

3. "Disregard for Employees"

I have been working at Production Resource Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health care is good
    Convenient location

Cons

Constant shadow of unwarranted layoffs
    Chaotic/Non existent approach to long term goals.
    Lack of follow up when advancement opportunities are presented

Advice to Management

Stick to what you say. Take care of the people who work for you.

"Great potential if management would come together"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Production Resource Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Amazing health care package
    - Great 401k plan

Cons

- inconsistent management direction/initiatives between locations
    - no review process or raises given, even when asked for
    - lots of mid to senior level employees riding on the coat tails of others
    - work/life balance is nonexistent

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to make a plan that is implemented across all locations for how we do business. The accounting process needs to be cleaned up so that our vendors are paid on time. A review process, with raises based on performance, needs to be initiated across the company. Pay attention to the eager, hard working employees and get rid of the employees riding on their coat tails; we continue to loose great people because we burn them out and do not reward them.

5. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at Production Resource Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid pay, $60,000, for someone with no sales experience.

Cons

Extreme lack of training!!! they expect you to know everything your first day on the gig.. come on now! No one in the sales office gets along (for the most part, lots of back stabbing and talking behind peoples back) and everyone bad mouths their superiors. Its an extremely toxic environment, TRUST ME on this one. God forbid you dont know something and go to ask a question and its as if your asking for a million dollars. This is not somewhere you want to work unless you can go and work on-site or with the true gentlemen in the QC departments and warehouse who all know the in's and outs', no questions asked! A1 type of guys!

Advice to Management

TRAIN PEOPLE!!!! INTROUDUCE PEOPLE TO THEIR NEW COWORKERS!!! This place was worse than high school. I sat there for a month trying to introduce myself and no on cared to say hello, no hello/good morning or a good night at the end of the day. The superiors walk pass by you as if you don't even exist! Screw that BS!

6. "Logistics Coordinator"

I worked at Production Resource Group full-time

Pros

Relaxed environment but can get quite busy. Helpful staff and management.

Cons

Some days can be absolutely dead and it's hard to kill time.

"Prg"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Fernando, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Fernando, CA

I have been working at Production Resource Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great coworkers. Excellent learning opportunities.

Cons

Confusing and conflicting messages and guidelines from upper management. Have to leave for the work you do to be recognized.

Advice to Management

Consider employee moral, and opportunity for employees to grow.

8. "Project Management"

Current Employee - Project Management
    Current Employee - Project Management

I have been working at Production Resource Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growing company, many locations, fast paced always busy and great people to work with, great health benefits, 401k match ok, but could be better

Cons

communication between locations can be tough, never enough equipment

Advice to Management

Better annual evaluation and increase program better 401k match

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Production Resource Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced, always something to do

Cons

not enough help. Overloaded with work often.

10. "Great place to learn"

Pros

Very good product support, new technology. Good internal support
    Active local management pay and benefit. Good place to start. Get to work on and be involved with great projects

Cons

To large. Hard to get heard. Little chance to develop and support customers. You will hit a limit to your growth with in

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the grass root customers