KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Production Resource Group Reviews

Updated Sep 12, 2021

Found 136 of over 157 reviews

3.8
Production Resource Group Chairman and CEO Jere Harris (no image)
Jere Harris
Pros
  • "Great benefits and they are always looking out for their employees and trying to treat them as good as possible(in 6 reviews)

• "Have had the most amazing 6 years at PRG , great company(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management often tell you one thing then do another(in 8 reviews)

• "PRG might be one of the biggest production companies out there, but they are certainly not the best,(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Production Resource Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

PRG is on the move!

Aug 5, 2021 - Project Manager in Van Nuys, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of equipment, great co-workers, good pay if you're in the right job! always room for advancement if you want to.

Cons

in the middle of a big move right now and going thru lot's of growing pains during this.

2. 3.0

The end of an era

Sep 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working in an industry that is full of opportunities to networks with clients. Was offered multiple promotions however I think it was because of the high turnover rate of people getting to overwhelmed and quitting.

Cons

When PRG took over VER everything changed. Pay rate was crap, upper management crap, policies and procedures also crap. Even the way they handled day to day operations seemed like they were working harder rather than smarter. A lot of unnecessary aspects added to an already pretty strong operation.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Always busy

Aug 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, opportunities for overtime

Cons

Management takes on more work than can be reasonably accomplished, especially now with open positions from Covid layoffs still unfilled.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

dysfunctional

Aug 4, 2021 - Director of Sales in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

great size and scope of the organization. a lot of opportunities and can be very rewarding. international scope and service orientated

Cons

inside politics are difficult to navigate companies changes direction often. more gear and technical know-how than anyone in the industry

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Sweat shop conditions

Aug 5, 2021 - Warehouse Worker in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is plenty of overtime(currently). We finally got a real lunch/break room in New facility.

Cons

Understaffed and overworked. Multiple positions left empty after covid lay off and current staff has to pick up the slack. Management is out of touch with day to day operations bandwidth, only concerned with sales department not "reaching out to the top" about issues with orders. Nepotism runs rampant with the GM.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

It’s really not worth it, I hope you do not find out the hard way like I did.

May 17, 2021 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Healthcare was amazing When they were in the VER facilities they had some top places to prep and ready shows

Cons

Toxic leadership from the top has always been an issue here. Long lineage of levering debt by buying failing companies to only drive away all the remaining employees and strip away any positive core values they could have adopted from said companies. Has consistently always treated employees as disposable with an edict of "we can find more." Laid off 90% of the staff late last year with the remaining working under diminished salaries even now. Their mentality is who should we allow to work for us again when most of those who were let go have no intention of returning. In my time we had 3 layoff scares (which were handled nightmarishly) constant vendor rejection (due to years of unpaid or late invoices) and a very long list of clients who refused to ever work with us again due poor management. The only recent good thing is they had VER's damaged but still good standing reputation to coast off on. They recently got rid of that along with most of those employees to return to their original status quo of mediocrity.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

Great experience

Aug 7, 2021 - Accounts Receivable in New Windsor, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere, many working moms

Cons

Some incompetence in some higher levels

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Always liked my job and the people I worked with

Jun 18, 2021 - Director, Global Accounts in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I always felt driven to do more. You get out what you put in. Great leadership

Cons

Often I felt as though leadership wouldn’t listen to some of the challenges we were facing. HR was also challenging to work with at times. Commissions were always a pain point.

9. 3.0

Wrong Company

Aug 21, 2021 - Dispatcher in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty Overtime. No life working here

Cons

They only care about numbers

10. 3.0

Steady

Jul 28, 2021 - Warehouse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Always work to be done in the warehouse. If there was down time there was van and ship cleaning to do as well.

Cons

Once things with covid hit things got shut down and never came back. Never had a call back and didn't know what was happening until I got an email.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 136 Reviews