Promove Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
R. Lee Pritchard

"Great START for the hardworking/motivated SALES GUY."

Former Employee - Property Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Property Specialist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

#1 Is management, at the North Druid Hills location my manager, John Parent was the reason I was able to jump start my career. Taught me foundations to sales, customer service and work ethic!

#2 is $$$$$ - you work hard, you get paid.

#3 Atmosphere - at my office we all were a community, and brought the best out in one another.

Cons

You work 100 hrs bi weekly, on average. Not enough time to enjoy life, but like I said in the title, if you're trying to get a good paying job, and build up your resume - you shouldn't be worrying about vacationing to begin with.

The other complaint was not getting to know the other managers/corporate staff. Come see us, your opinion, feedback, and time is more motivational than you think!

Advice to Management

Try and figure out a way to ensure your employees are being compensated for the time, sacrifices and sweat they put into your work. My office manager was only able to do so much for us on such a tight budget. But regardless, your business model is on point, and you set us up for success, I am grateful and have nothing but good things to say about this CO.

2. "Property Specialist"

Pros

- Write your own paycheck - hard work equals great return
    - Laid back work environment
    - Great bonus system
    - Gain knowledge about Atlanta
    - Gain Sales and customer service skills

Cons

- Weekends and long hours
    - Quality of leads
    - Referral system from apartments to insure payment

Advice to Management

My advice to upper management would be to consult with your longer tenured employees on system changes and ideas. Marketing for leads should be focused to more qualified people based on where our market and prices are here in Atlanta. PROMOVE needs to overhaul their website and filter non-qualified leads before they reach property specialist to maximize time for agents.

May 23, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It sounds like you’re having a pretty positive experience with PROMOVE, and we’re glad to hear that. Our compensation package was ... More

3. "Property Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Druid Hills, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Druid Hills, GA

I worked at Promove full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro about working at this place is free lunch on saturdays and majority of your co-workers are pretty cool.

Cons

EVERYTHING. If you like to hustle and make 100% commission and don't want a life then work here. If you are a family man/women and have children at home. Go ahead and hire a full-time nanny and tell your husband or wife you will see them on sundays only. One of my very best friends was in the top 10 on a regular basis but he also ONLY worked. Our social life was little to none, unless they were co-workers. The only true time off you get is sundays but thats because they are closed. However back in the day when i used to work in another Promove location they were open on Sundays and you were on a rotating schedule. But the pay has changed since that time as well as the owners went bankrupt and sold themselves to Rent money. If i passed you on the street and you asked me if i should work at Promove not only would i tell you NO i would tell you hell NO. Angela Nash is a heartless person that enslaves people. There is no sense of community in this company don't waste your time. You are on the same level as a used car salesman. Don't let them fool you about the pay, if you don't find any leases you will end up owing them money. The only way that you will keep money in your pocket is staying in your seat with your finger on the button. The most stressful unhappy working environment.

Advice to Management

Go jump off a cliff.

Jun 13, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

First, I would like to say thank you for your candor; we appreciate all feedback. PROMOVE is a company which serves the needs of tens of thousands of people in the Atlanta area, so we naturally ... More

"Property Specialist"

I worked at Promove full-time

Pros

You can pretty much write your own check. No cold calling, leads come in all day long; sometimes too many leads to handle. Service is free for the customer, you've just got to be very good at follow up and make sure your customers remember to refer you. Work environment is fun, especially if you get along well with your teammates.

Cons

If you want to make the extra bonus money, you've got to work hard.

Advice to Management

Be available more to listen and assist with situations.

Apr 15, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear that you had a positive experience working for PROMOVE. We make a conscious effort to facilitate a positive environment for our employees. Our most ... More

6. "Cool company"

Former Employee - Property Specialist in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Property Specialist in Marietta, GA

I worked at Promove (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere to be productive in.

Cons

Micromanaging is overwhelming, long hours.

Advice to Management

N/a

7. "property speclist"

I worked at Promove full-time

Pros

Money is ok but really hard to make.You are there all day and sometime till 9pm.Just to make 30 k

Cons

You have to work 6 days a week and 10 - 12 hours a day. They want you to think that is normal.Working on your day off is all but required.

Advice to Management

They seem to know best for there staff.I have no advice for them.Keep up the great work.

Mar 28, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

First, let me say thank you for providing your honest feedback. Most importantly I would note that our management team is flexible regarding scheduling needs, as we fully understand the value of a ... More

8. "Property Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior Relocation Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Relocation Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Promove (Less than a year)

Pros

CRM experience, sales, and inbound call experiences

Cons

Works on weekends, Commission pay, no 401K

9. "So sad"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in North Druid Hills, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in North Druid Hills, GA

Pros

Laid back dress code, Saying turday Lunch, lease cut off lunch

Cons

Got laid off unexpectedly because the said my position was no longer needed in the company.

Advice to Management

Let workers know before they get laid off

Jan 11, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for offering your feedback, and we understand your frustration. We recently made some organizational changes to allocate more resources to our growth, and that regrettably required us to ... More

"2 bedroom, $600/mo, utilities included, 1st month free, and no background check please"

I worked at Promove full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Because of the different kinds of people that you have to work with, you will develop great communication skills as well as sales tactics that can be beneficial in other jobs. You won't be afraid to pick up the phone and talk to people and your presentation skills can be really sharpened.

Stick with the company for 2-3 years and when you start looking for other jobs, it will go a long way with other employers when they see you stuck around a 100% commission job (it will most likely mean you had some success there as well.)

Cons

Insane turnover. This is due to how often you're working, people you have to help, the ROI for the amount of time and work you put in. They lost even their best people a year or so ago due to this.

100% commission with a company that is pretty obsolete now. Their business model is primarily set up to have people come into an office to meet with you and go over all their property options (only properties Promove is affiliated with, hence part of the problem.) We're in an era now where people can get the same information online. They did build a small online team awhile back to work with this but it's not even close to being enough.

You are forced to work with anyone with a heartbeat. So there will be several calls you go into knowing immediately it's going to lead to nothing and the person is a waste of time. As this continues to happen with each call, you are going to become more and more frustrated.

100% commission sounds like you can make a ton of money if you really do well but when you see you are working 6 days/week, you'll discover the ROI is terrible compared to most others. Bonus potential is laughable. Only the top of the top sellers get bonus money and it's hardly a bonus at all.

Realistically, probably 3/4's of your money will be made during the summer when everyone's (with actual money,) lease is up. The rest of your time you're working with people who can only spend $600/mo

The breakdown: When a lease is signed, Promove get's 50% of the first months rent and a Property Specialist will get 16% of that half.
    Ex: Lease is $600/mo. Promove gets $300 and 16% of that = $48 for you. Enough said.
    But I'll even use the summer when it's the best time (by their standards)
    Ex: Lease is $1800/mo. Promove gets $900 and 16% of that = $144. Not that great either, especially when this hardly happens.

They will try to sell past this 2 different ways. The first is churn and burn. The more people you help, the higher potential of making more money (duh.)
    The other is the property bonuses. This is where the money can be good but unfortunately the team that is in charge of getting these is terrible now.
    The property bonus breakdown is you get 32% of that bonus (if you hit their minimum number for a "promotion" for the year, it goes up to 46%.) So going back to the summer example where you made $144 on the lease. Throw in a $500 (ranges from $100-$500,) property bonus. 32% get's you an additional $160 for a total of $304. This would make the job worth while but the problem is, those big time leases and bonuses are very rare. You're stuck with those $600 leases and possibly a bonus. And you have to pray they did refer you and don't move because if they leave within 90 days (I may be wrong on how many days,) for any reason, they take that money back out of your paycheck!

So long story short, to possibly hit $100K for the year, you need to avg. 20 placements/2 weeks for around $200/lease. TRUST ME, very few accomplish this or even come close to it. Heck to get around $75K, you have to have the same amount of leases/2 weeks and avg $150/lease.

Advice to Management

Start from scratch or ditch the idea altogether. The business idea was great, especially several years ago but times have changed and people don't need this type of service anymore. Combine that with the garbage pay structure and it's just a matter of time before this business is gone period

Jan 19, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide an unrivaled work experience for our staff as well as exemplary service to our customers. PROMOVE is a sales-based company, providing a free ... More

11. "Great atmosphere"

I have been working at Promove full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very positive culture, work effort directly relates to pay earned, customer experience focus is valuable to career path, company committed to ongoing improvements to product.

Cons

Commission earnings can fluctuate materially from pay period to pay period