Qualys Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Qualys Chairman and CEO Philippe Courtot
Philippe Courtot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work-life balance for anyone (in 10 reviews)

• Pune center is technology hub hence get to work on all cutting edge technologies (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Need to learn from competitors where they hire from about work life balance policies (in 6 reviews)

• When you put the mail for work from home, You may be received reply personally that what kind of work you have to do so apply for leave (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great, Growing Company"

Current Employee - Finance in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Qualys full-time

Pros

A growing, profitable company that still has a lot more potential. Every employee at Qualys has the ability to make a real impact on the business.

The people in the finance department are dedicated and enjoyable to work with. The CFO is smart, values your input, and challenges you to be better. She does an excellent job of communicating expectations. If you put in the effort and care about the quality of your work, you'll do well here.

Cons

The company runs a little lean.

Advice to Management

More company activities. Holiday party was great!

2. "Great place to start"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Qualys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge exposure, a ton of training materials and an environment surrounded by tech gurus.

Cons

The corporate culture up the ladder looks a little foreboding. Prone to upheaval.

"Best vulnerability tool."

I worked at Qualys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn from the best product.

Cons

You cannot work from home.

Advice to Management

Do more team building meeting people want company to do well

"Finance"

Former Employee - Finance in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Finance in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Qualys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked in the Finance for over 2 years. The dept was lean when I started and has grown substantially. Good benefits and good people trying to make a living. CFO and Controller left and there are all new people in finance trying to make a difference.

Cons

New CFO is smart and looking to make a name for herself. Has not clue how to manage people and is only looking to make a quick buck. My bet she will be gone in a couple of years which would be a good thing. But until then be careful she cares nothing about the people only herself.

Even though its promoted there is no work life balance. This use to be a company that supported the work/life balance and all worked together to accomplish the same goal for the company. But no longer! WARNING!!!! Do not accept a position at Qualys@! If you work there, get out ASAP!

Advice to Management

Learn to manage! Get a Clue about what is happening in your company!

5. "Good company to work with"

Pros

Good exposure, good product knowledge, technical people around the company

Cons

They pay comparatively less amount, salary

Advice to Management

Increase budget for salaries and company

"24/7 job and no flexibility at all."

Former Employee - Finance in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Finance in Foster City, CA

I worked at Qualys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing is good about this company. Long hours commute and very unpleasant management team...If you are thinking about working here, DON’T. I am sure if you join this company, you will be unhappy and you will think about leaving this company in a matter of weeks. It is not a good idea to give up what you already have.

Cons

Management is worthless. They want people to work all the time and improve their system. Meanwhile they don’t try to improve the process themselves. All they do is put pressure on people. Everything is at fast pace and nothing is in order. You basically need to reinvent the wheel and create everything yourself. Management will give you pressure to either quit or fire you if you can’t keep up with their demand. They will work you like a robot. You will not have a work life balance. Morning to night will be work, work and more work. I am so regretting I resigned my previous job. Very disappointed in this company.

Advice to Management

Treat people like people. People have personal lives and should not be working 7 days a week with the low salary from your company. Don’t put too much pressure on people. If the management treat the employees in a good way then you will solve high turnover rate. Just a suggestion.

"Increasing Red Tape and Chaos"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Qualys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- If lucky get to work on new technologies , like kafka, cassandra etc.
    - Get to be part of designing stuff.
    - Somewhat freedom to choose what section you work upon ( decreasing )
     - Work From Home ( depending on your chain of command)

Cons

- Below Average Salaries, While work expectation like a startup.
    - No Flexible hours (on paper yes , practically not fully flexible)
    - Bad hiring system , One team is highly efficient while other is very inefficient resulting in the whole system not working properly
    - Asked to solve problems with hands tied to fix set of technologies, resulting in inefficient system.
    - No clear vision on what needs to be part of product , completely competition driven.
    - Management wants MVP out and releases it as product , so developers are all the time on firefighting.
    - Developer team is responsible for everything , including mistakes of other teams.

Advice to Management

- Get stuff togather

"Good salary, but lack of development"

I worked at Qualys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Salary
    - You can meet a lot of nice people
    - Knowing the product is interesting
    - Good benefits

Cons

- Almost no personal development
    - Work under high pressure (the company would like to squeeze you and make you work 24/7)
    - Very frugal
    - Lack of communication
    - Not honest management
    - Centralized management (Every one is controlled by the CEO, which is the only decision maker for every aspect.). The employees need to blindly follow the leader without suggesting changes or ideas. The company encourages you to do so, but when you do it, they won't listen and you will be highlighted to be fired.
    - Some people have solid position in the company. In the results they do what they want and they can be rude to others.
    - A lot of backstabbers

Advice to Management

- Listen to your employees as the company is the team work and no one man company. Be flexible and open for the new ideas and changes.
    - Don't be frugal and don't overwhelm your employees so they could work better and make the customers satisfied
    - Don't be greedy; Too fast development and chasing money will impact the quality of the product and reduce the company opinion
    - Take care of your employees as they are making the company run

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Qualys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The current management is taking Qualys to the place where it deserves to be! Just look at the stock price in the last year! Some of the other reviews mention Finance as a bad department...here's the real scoop...the current CFO came in a few years ago and has been implementing processes and setting expectations appropriate for a world-class, public company. Some people don't like or meet those standards and they either leave or get asked to leave. If you want to work for a world-class company in a growth mode that will ask you to work hard and where you still get life balance and AMAZING benefits...then you'll love it here!

Cons

My only wish is that employees accrued more vacation, but the other benefits are so generous that it is difficult to complain.

Advice to Management

Give an extra day a year of vacation after 2 years?

"Great Accounting and Finance Department"

Former Employee - Ap Accountant in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Ap Accountant in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Qualys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance for anyone. Especially for me since I commuted over an hour, but it was all worth it. I was never stressed at work. My department was very organized and I never had to work overtime, or bring work home. Upper management was sad to see me leave.
    Friendly Culture
    Diverse
    AWESOME Benefits!!!
    CFO showed interest about my career growth

Cons

No free lunches in Accounting during month/quarter end close.