Qualys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Qualys

3.2

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I was really good. It was for full time opportunity. They offered me a lunch also. Five people conducted interview back to back. Started at 11 am and ended at 4 pm, Mean while they allowed me to have a lunch. Interview level started with basic and last round done by VP and she asked me relevant questions.

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied through Qualys' website, heard back from recruiting team the next day to schedule a call.

Received the call the next day. I was expecting it to be phone screening but was actually from director of engineering. Bombed the interfview, ended with director telling me 'I am not going to cut it.' I actually enjoyed how straight forward the process was, simple and brutal.

In my defense, they really caught me off guard with networking fundamental concept questions. So make sure you study for those other than the usual DS and algorithm stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Bellevue, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a recruiter. The recruiter got back to me the next day. I then did a prescreen call with the recruiter and completed two coding challenges. The last step was an in person interview that lasted about 4 hours. My code samples were in C++ since this was a C++ position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Applied through Employee Referral. Process took more than one month. I had two phone technical interviews where I was asked to code the program through collabedit. Later I was invited for an onsite interview and they took 4 interviews with different coding challenges and conceptual questions. After one week, they told me that they are not hiring anyone for this position and it is terminated.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Linked List-Insertion, traversing through it. Questions about data structures. Removing duplicate characters from a string.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Qualys in December 2018.

Interview

I was approached by recruiter on linkedIn and got a phone interview. Interview was 1 hour long with the hiring manager and fully focusing on theory questions. They said there will be phone screening and then an onsite interview if we clear the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• What is difference between partition and clustering key in cassandra?   1 Answer
    • Interview was fully on theory in-depth questions on cassandra, kafka and spring   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted me in a 2 days. After chatting on the phone the recruiter said that there were no positions that fit my profile! However the next day they set up a phone screen with a Director. Phone screen focussed on intricate knowledge of JVM and threading as well as distributed systems.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was thorough, as well as the company overview provided by those I interviewed with. Team seemed excited about what they were working on. Everyone knew the areas/topics they wanted to cover. They made me feel comfortable. Expect alot of questions, whiteboarding especially if one is technical.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company, why should we hire you and what do you really want to do.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualys in July 2014.

Interview

I was blindsided with a full phone interview that was earlier advised to be just an initial screening call. Interviewer doesn't seem too professional. Doesn't listen. Interviewer seems more interested in giving criticism remarks rather than observing. I have answered each question well with logical support but was told I do not qualified with because I don't sound comfortable enough. I wonder who can be comfortable after being asked with ridiculous non related questions. Interviewer advised me he would recommend my profile to the BD department instead as I would qualify there but as expected interviewer did not keep his words. Thought I was applying for a high school summer job. I question the integrity of Qualys.

Interview Questions

• Do you live with your parents? What does your parents do?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a hiring manager 6 weeks later for an initial thirty minute phone screen. After the initial phone screen --- was asked to come in for an in-person interview within the next week.

After scheduling an onsite interview and arriving --- met with two hiring managers individually for thirty minutes each about the position and goals.

Interview Questions

• What would you do on your very first day with no direction?   Answer Question

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys.

Interview

- phone screen was more testing the technologies and tools you know with some questions on how to use them.
    - on-site was totally different,
      - team uses Spring-boot server and related frameworks and testing apache flink for big data. So for all Java questions, they want solution in spring only. The interviewers are junior or mid and do not understand other related technologies.
    - VP was off-mood, keep on boasting about how Qualys was great and changes the game about security vulnerability and all over the cloud. Kept on saying - we find "good-quality" engineers in Pune and ramped up 100 to 700 staff in 2 yrs. Seems to be that not interesting in hiring in US.

Interview Questions

• Tools and technologies used. Java, Spring, containers, apache stack.. random questions   Answer Question