Quantum Health Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Quantum Health Founder and CEO Kara Trott
Kara Trott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is also a very well stocked kitchen with free food and drinks which was appreciated (in 16 reviews)

• The work being done is very fulfilling- making a difference in people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The PSR role is a call center job and comes with ALL of the cons of a (in 5 reviews)

• Upper Management is not truthful (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Clinical"

Current Employee - Clinical Team Lead in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Clinical Team Lead in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The people are amazing at Quantum. We are caring, compassionate and truly to
      strive to help our members with their health, well being and all their claims
      issues. We collaborate as a team.
     -There is constant growth which means opportunity to advance to new
        positions within the company and learn a variety of roles.
    - Great hours, benefits and flexibility with the goal of creating family /work
        balance.
    -Unlimited snack and beverages to keep you happy and not "Hangry" so you are
      more receptive and calm with the members and not cranky from hunger!
    -Comfortable casual dress attire since you are on the phones and not face to face
      with members or providers.
    -Recent roll out of tuition reimbursement for advancing education.
    - Great volunteer events to sign up to attend, charity work that is encouraged,
      free tickets that are given for many of Columbus's great events including
      sporting events. ( OSU games, Crew games, Clipper games)

Cons

-We are growing fast so there can be a lot of changes that occur with this. I have
       learned to just roll with it and that its all in the best interest of the company and
       our members/clients. However, some people dislike constant change.
    - Still have not offered part-time. I personally am not in need, but there are many
      that are and this would be a great opportunity to retain quality employees who
      are willing to job share and who love working at Quantum!
    - The ability for some positons to work from home can be quite appealing and
       many of our competitors are doing this. Again, not something I want but there
      are many that do or need to. I think this causes us to lose good people and
      decreases our retention.

Advice to Management

-Take under advisement the need for part time and intergrade it into our culture. There are many people that need it for work/family life balance and many quality
     people that would love to come work here if we offered it.
    -Hire more internally for positions and give those employees that chance before you hire anyone from the outside. Our culture and work ethic here is like no other and no one you hire from outside gets that, they just can't until they have proven themselves here.

"Cult Like Environment - Either Drink the Koolaid or Get Out!"

I worked at Quantum Health full-time

Pros

Casual dress environment. Free snacks. Great mission. That’s about it...

Cons

Where do I even begin? The fact that this company has consistently won the Best Place to Work award has me convinced Kara is giving favors to someone to get it. The perks of this company will seem too good to be true when you first start and trust me, they are. If you are a competent, hard working and committed career professional, this is NOT the place for you. Middle and upper management have no idea what they’re doing. Most of them have been with the company from the start and have been promoted to their higher level positions. They do not possess basic managerial and technical skills so they better hope they never get canned from QH because they’re essentially unemployable elsewhere. Most of them do not have college degrees and it’s apparent as soon as they open their mouths. If you do have a degree, don’t ever consider “challenging” your manager because the second they realize you are more intelligent than they are, they will go on the defensive in fear that you’ll take their job. You will be spoken to in a condescending manner daily and quite frankly there is nothing you can do about it. Other than quit the company and work somewhere more respectable.

Do you care about promotional opportunities? Great, don’t work here unless you plan on sleeping with your boss to get your big promotion accompanied by the smallest raise you’ve ever seen. Or, if you want to get promoted, make sure you have a spouse/parent/sibling working here because nepotism runs rampant in this company! If you don’t have a relative working at QH, good luck moving up the ranks.

Have a complaint you’d like to be addressed? Don’t share it with your manager because you’ll be black balled and never taken seriously again. Unethical behavior runs this company and if you’re the brave soul who brings it to anyone’s attention, guess what - you’ll either be harassed for bringing it up or retaliated against in some shape or fashion. HR is also a revolving door which is a scary sign at any company. You either drink the koolaid at QH and pretend all is well or get out as soon as you can before the cult like environment damages you.

Advice to Management

What advice can I offer you that you would actually take seriously? Because other than recommending all of you quit your jobs and hire replacements that actually know how to manage a company, nothing will ever save Quantum Health from its inevitable demise. You have a fantastic mission, your clients and customers need you, and you’d rather spend your time mistreating your valuable “lower level” employees than actually getting the education you need to build them up and take QH to the next level. You may be growing, you may be slipping dollars or favors under the table to get your Best Place to Work nom, but at the end of the day, your employees see the real you and it’s not pretty. Get yourselves together before your toxic culture catches up to you and you see your company go under.

"A lot of smoke and mirrors.... now"

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time

Pros

The company was built on great ideas that are still found in some of the employees and select management. They provide a decent PTO package.

Cons

They don't "do what they say" , upper management and owners turn a blind eye and actually ask to remain ignorant about issues and they devalue tenured employees.

Advice to Management

I have been with Quantum long enough to witness and be part of most of their transformation. As with any growing company there are bumps and bruises and hopefully learning experiences along the way. I have been proud of my contributions to the company and the members that we serve. I have unfortunately become not as proud of our leaderships as a whole. There has been and continues to be a lack of respect for employees that are vested within the company. In fact they seem to be encouraged, almosted targeted to leave.Middle level Management is made up almost entirely of inactive listeners who pass the buck rather than solve problems. This is with the exception of one manager within the Pods who is intelligent , educated in his business realm and fair with his employees. They have moved him around to thier biggest/newest, most difficult and most valued clients. Quantum stiffles some of their best talents by pigeonholing them into numbers based/call center positions and never promoting them despite excellent job performance, knowledge base and peer respect. Upper management has even advised multiple older team members that "this is as far as you will grow in Quantun" Many times reaching out to HR/upper management has resulted in unsavory actions taken upon the employee in retaliation. (For this reason i would prefer not to recieve the canned reply to this review of reaching out to the brand new HR staff for concerns. )This may seem shocking to most who have heard about the company publicly as it boasts it is a numerous year nominee for "Best Places to Work" but what is left out of this accolade is that they are voted on by a primarily NEW staff as less than 30% of the employees have been with the company 2yrs or more. Bottom line ,most people would still rather go to work at Quantum because the environment is comfortable ...mostly.( you will move a lot) they feed you well , they throw great parties and the PTO allows you to have a healthy work life balance. If you think something sounds too good to be true though ..you are right. I would much rather be paid fairly, given the same consideration for advancement (based on job performance and knowledge) as the new and popular "yes people" than sit in an office and lied to surrounded by the smell of fresh buttered popcorn any day. My advice to management is simple... Listen to and actively solve issues that create malignancies in your organization. Stop promoting puppets. The same motivation that allows them to work as a "yes person" will be the reason they are a wasted investment to Quantum as a whole. Reach back into your old business model and the reason your business was created in the first place and start mixing that integrity back into your growing business today! The company could be what it was if the owners, investors and management would work hard to fix issues that have fostered and been cauterize by a bandage previously.

4. "Amazing so far"

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is incredible. The company is very much employee centered and morale is high. Frequent communications from top to bottom. Salaries are competitive and benefits are incredible.

Cons

The location is difficult at most times of the day. Once construction is complete, this may be resolved, but be prepared to spend 15-30 minutes just to get the 1/2 mail to the freeway.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, everything seems to be headed in the right direction

Sep 29, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We're so glad to hear you're happy at Quantum Health. Our team members are our greatest asset! Thank you for the positive review!

"Patient Service Representative"

I worked at Quantum Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The PSR role develops really great skills - problem solving, time management, efficiency, communication, and others.
    - You truly get to help people and it can be very rewarding.
    - You learn great skills for your own life with navigating health care / health insurance.
    - Company has competitive benefits.
    - The culture created by the workers and nurses in the PODs is great, I loved my coworkers.
    - Some opportunities to get promoted or change roles.
    - Team meetings were actually productive!
    - Free food, a gym, rooms to meditate / take a nap, and other fun stuff.

Cons

- The PSR role is a call center job and comes with ALL of the cons of a call center job... but with even more responsibilities. I think the expectations were unreasonable sometimes, and starting in 2017 I felt we were under-staffed.
    - I thought the pay was not amazing for the amount of work / responsibility.
    - Not allowed to take time off during certain times of the year.
    - No opportunities to work from home.
    - Seemed to be nepotism and favoritism among the management, and regarding promotions.
    - Upper mgmt seemed disconnected from what the PSRs and others in the PODs have to do every day.

Advice to Management

Spend less time bragging about Quantum being voted a "best place to work" a few times - and more time tending to the changing needs of the PODs.

6. "Great Company, Awesome Mission"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quantum Health does walk the walk. Our philosophy and mission are not just words, but how the company operated every day. Every employee is empowered to be a warrior for our members.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Sep 29, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the positive review! We're glad to hear that you believe in our mission and values at Quantum Health!

7. "Wolves in sheep's clothing"

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The limit of being micro mangers

Cons

The belief that upper management is oblivious to what's really going on.

Advice to Management

Stop saying you value your employees when you constantly treat us as if where blind stupid and crazy. Stop portraying this company as diverse when it clearly is not. Stop lying to clients and potential clients. Stop hiring and promoting your directors friends. At won't point does this become a conflict of interest. Stop promoting and fast tracking people who have NO BUSINESS in management. Make your directors tell you the truth about there actions. Make your HR do their job. Example. You promoted knowing they are close friends with directors. In fact friends have no business being involved with this interviewing or hire process. HR was made aware by two mangers of a statement made by another manger that any client would find offensive. Yet it took you more then 2 weeks to terminate this manager. Instead you gave them a verbal warning and when others brought there concern to you you brushed it under the table. You just promoted a manger when actions if completed by anyone else would have been walked out the building. And all of our calls are recorded this call in question was heard by the entire auditing team. On said call they told a provider calling in for benefits that she was a stupid (female dog).Yet instead of dismissing them you promoted them. Others have been fast tracked for management when they walk the floor making racial and anti LBGT comments and jokes . Buy yet you have him interfacing with clients. They were also caught violating the company's privacy policy by having another employee use his log in and password to log him in. You fire trainees for failing a test by 1 point but yet you tolerate the above actions . So this is the message quantum sends to its employees it's clients it's investors and the public. I wonder how our new investors would feel about this..

Oct 18, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We take issues like employee equality and favoritism very seriously. Providing all of our team members with equal opportunities to advance in their career is something we... More

"Good start- Poor outlook"

Former Employee - PSR in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - PSR in Columbus, OH

I worked at Quantum Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

co-workers, free food, good benefits, company events

Cons

Unorganized. Departments do not work together and often one has no idea what the other is doing and it causes operational issues.

Inconsistent- it can be a great place to work or a horrible place to work based on what manger you are put under. You have no say or input into where you go.

Constantly changing the rules and the way they do things without providing training.

Ongoing training program is non-existent. Once you go through their new hire training and get to your job, it is up to you to figure anything new, changed or updated on your own.

Growing too fast. They can not keep staff and are always hiring and training new staff. They do not have enough employees to meet the demands or comittements they have already made to customers- everyone is overworked, tired and frustrated.

It seems the only way to get promoted within the company is to have once managed a restaurant. They are not interested in your education, or your work performance.

Biggest complaint- they don't listen to their staff. They say they do- but they do not.

Advice to Management

You have a lot of challenges coming your way. The organization was built on a great idea and much needed services. There should be a very close examination of your tech-operations department and its ability to be sucessful in managing such large increases in business. I do not feel you are being well served by your staff in this department.

Staff who perform their jobs well should be rewarded with upward movement in the company. They should not just be given more and more responsibility without any compensation.

Oct 5, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the employee events and perks at Quantum Health. We appreciate your feedback regarding work demands, continued education opportunities and... More

"Management"

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time

Pros

The entry level employees are awesome, they are what makes Quantum Health the company it is.

Cons

Management is not what they project to the public. When in front of clients or potential clients they portray themselves as if they are all about the employees.

Advice to Management

Stop brushing stuff under the rug, Deal with those managers, directors and above who don't treat the employees right. Pay attention to the "non" diversity you have in management. Stop allowing leaders to get away with saying and doing things that are illegal and unethical.

Aug 28, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you taking the time to provide this review. Our employees – at every level – are our greatest asset, and we strive to create a culture that is welcoming, supportive and fair for everyone. We... More

"Dishonest"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, OH

I worked at Quantum Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture the employees create on daily basis.

Cons

Upper Management is not truthful.

Advice to Management

Become honest and know what you're employees are capable of so that you don' t keep losing them.