Quantum Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2019

3.4
Quantum Health CEO Kara Trott
Kara Trott
Pros
  • "You don't get the PTO, the free food, and this atmosphere ANYWHERE else(in 22 reviews)

• "Free snacks and free pop and coffee(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "People outside the pod do not seem to truly care about positions in the(in 8 reviews)

• "Also, you can move up to certain positions but some are rotational so you can be demoted back to the call center position with less than a days notice(in 7 reviews)

1. "Personal Review"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Columbus, OH

I worked at Quantum Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative, Responsive and Strategic forward thinking company

Cons

I did not experience any cons.

Quantum Health2019-10-11
  2. "Good Place to Work But Lacks Flexibility"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, PTO, Health Coverage, Perks for employees such as free food and food truck Fridays.

Cons

I worked at Quantum for a few years and have been pleased overall with my experience. However, I feel that Quantum will continue to lose loyal employees and will have trouble gaining new ones if they don’t offer more flexibility with the scheduling. There are many MANY employees that are in school, just had babies, plan to have babies, are caretakers for their family members, and/or live far away and the ability to... work part time and leave before 6pm would be most helpful. There are also nurses that would love to work here but just don’t want to work 5 days or week or would love to keep part time employment at the hospital or elsewhere. There are too many other rival companies offering Work From Home and other competitive arrangements for Quantum to not even allow GOOD employees to work part time and have more conducive hours. They piloted a part time option for a few employees for a couple of months last year and it was destined to fail based off the design and the workload. They had people do the same amount of work in less hours and deemed it a failure. What do you expect!? They have not reconsidered or tried to make it work at all, such as offering Job Share options. Quantum will continue to have poor retention and be a revolving door if they wont even look at the possibility of getting away from the 9am-6pm (or later) schedule with no other options. I would love to grow with Quantum and stay an employee, but as life and it’s circumstances change, I don’t believe Quantum is a company that you can stay with for the long term. Their refusal to think of their employees and offer other options for work scheduling and flexibility will continue to hurt them. There are several nurses now looking for other employment options because of this specific reason. The time and effort it takes to train new employees is exhausting, only to have many of them leave for other positions shortly thereafter for jobs offering better Work Life Balance. Quantum expects us to refer others to work here and help get new employees in the door but they refuse to look at options to keep them.

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR GOOD EMPLOYEES! There are hard working and loyal workers that would love to stay at Quantum but your lack of flexibility and ability to grow with your employees will cause you to suffer.

Quantum Health2019-08-28
  3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Client Manager

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They put a lot of effort into providing extras (appreciation days, snacks, celebrations, etc) that make you feel a part of the organization and that they appareciate you.

Cons

Growing at such a fast pace sometimes makes for lots of changes quickly that haven’t been fully thought out and complicates the job functions.

Quantum Health2019-08-05
  4. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best environment to work on cbus

Cons

Still has growing pains. Only 20 years old

Quantum Health2019-08-01
  5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - PCG Nurse

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Low stress, great atmosphere, competitive pay

Cons

It’s very cold in the building. I wear winter clothes year round and have a blanket for my lap.

Quantum Health2019-07-24
  6. "Employee Focused"

Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company focuses on the needs and wants of most employees to ensure they can provide the best service for our members.

Cons

The employee focused part doesn't always apply to IT.

Quantum Health2019-07-20

"Truly awesome!"

Former Employee - Clinical in Columbus, OH

I worked at Quantum Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

3 wks PTO right away and 4 wks after 1 year. Not only popcorn but pretty much any snack you can think of...all free. A colorful environment. Fun people! Jeans every day. QH spares no expense on the year-end party. 401K is 4%

Cons

The exercise room is sub-par. Low starting pay, even with experience and after negotiating. Management prodded reps to increase # of calls and decrease their handle time, which conflicts with the mission of a QH warrior. Opportunities for other positions are scarce.

Advice to Management

Don't forget why Kara started QH. Compassionate people make great warriors, so let the warriors do what they do best by not allowing QH to become just another production-based call center.

Quantum Health2019-07-04

"Quantum Health disguised as a good company is actually a bad one"

Former Employee - Patient Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Quantum Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning valuable insight in the healthcare industry Good benefits and pay

Cons

I worked at this company for a year. They are expanding so incredibly fast they literally hire anyone for management - mostly people who don't know what they're doing. My manager would sit on his Nintendo DS all day and never spoke with the team. People who you thought were your friends would step on you to get ahead. They pretend to "warrior" for their patients but would never actually go to bat for someone who... works there. I have known many of my colleagues who would get fired for no reason. No attendance policy so you have to constantly walk around on eggshells not knowing where you stand. You either need to be someone's friend or have your head up someone's rear end in order to get ahead. They throw a big party once a year and give you free snacks to cover up the fact that this company only works in grey and is the most NON-TRANSPARENT group of people I have ever met. Yikes!

Advice to Management

Free "freshly popped popcorn" isn't enough compensation for your utter lack of policies.

Quantum Health2019-08-04

"Compassion Doesn't Extend to the Employees"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Quantum Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice co-workers, casual dress, decent benefits

Cons

No flextime, heavy workload, micromanaging, upper level doesn't ascribe to its own vision

Advice to Management

Try to remember that your employees are people, too.

Quantum Health2019-06-21

"PSR If you need flexibility this isn’t it"

Former Employee - PSR

I worked at Quantum Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Food, opportunities for fun events outside of work. People are great for the most part. Quantum is overall a generous company.

Cons

Expectations For your role. What are they? You don’t really have a clear outline until you have done it wrong because it always changes. They say it isn’t about numbers, it’s about helping... but it is about numbers and that is fine but not under the facade that it doesn’t exist until review time. Just be upfront about what you expect. Flexibility is just not there. If you are going to be 15 minutes late, forget... making that time up it’s coming out of your PTO because it isn’t scheduled. If you need to tweek your schedule slightly too bad. PTO is for sick vacation and personal but it’s frowned upon if you use it for actual sick days they don’t say that but you definitely feel it from your management. Holiday lottery for PTO is obnoxious in the sense that you may not ever get the day you want. You can’t take off the week before or after a holiday. A lot of the pod managers have an attitude problem and you don’t know what personality you are going to get on any given day(my stress level has already dropped significantly since I’ve been gone). If you ever need an answer right away sorry you can’t have it you have to send an non claim issue and wait to get it back also while you feel like you are bothering the manager you are asking. The information we give often doesn’t have the correct information. Also when you go to let someone go maybe not make them come in on a Monday morning then let them go right near the beginning of their shift. Why not show a little compassion to the employees who have given years of their commitment to you. Considering my specific situation was related to tardiness due to my family commitments outside of work. My direct supervisor I feel could have pushed for me to be let go at a more convenient time that didn’t put me out at the bus stop for over an hour like maybe Friday at the end of our shift, you certainly didn’t make the decision Monday morning. Then again it ultimately doesn’t matter about those your letting go so apparently all compassion goes out the window.

Advice to Management

Just because your “culture” is great doesn’t mean you don’t have issues. Stop minimizing your employees concerns and actually start listening.

Quantum Health2019-05-08

Quantum Health Response

May 20, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The success of Quantum Health relies heavily on team collaboration to ensure our continued high levels of customer satisfaction. Although this structure may limit some flexibility, the centralized location of all pod team members is crucial to the success of our business. We value each and every one of our employees' opinions and want to ensure your feedback is properly heard. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact Tony Callander in Human Resources to have a collaborative discussion about your concerns at Tony.Callander@Quantum-Health.com.

Found 109 reviews