Quantum Health Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Quantum Health Founder and CEO Kara Trott
Kara Trott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is also a very well stocked kitchen with free food and drinks which was appreciated" (in 21 reviews)

• "Free snacks and free pop and coffee" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Also, you can move up to certain positions but some are rotational so you can be demoted back to the call center position with less than a days notice" (in 8 reviews)

• "It's a culturally diverse population here however there is only room for growth for certain people (ethnicities)" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I genuinely love my job"

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time

Pros

-The culture here is like none other. People are supportive of one another and genuinely care.
    -You are given the tools you need to be successful, you have to learn how to use them. This job is a challenge but a rewarding one if you're willing to put in the work.
    - Contrary to other reviews herein, you ARE given opportunities to move up if you can prove yourself. You have to DO YOUR JOB and DO IT WELL without complaint. Plain and simple. In my opinion, that's how it should be everywhere.
    -We are consistently nominated for Best Places to Work, because we ARE a best place to work. You don't get the PTO, the free food, and this atmosphere ANYWHERE else.
    -College degree not required (for some positions). This was great for me. I would consider myself well respected around the company, and if it weren't for them taking time to consider my accomplishments HERE and the hard work I put in, I would not have been considered for my current position based on education alone. I have a position that is very visible, and I don't think anyone would say that I don't put my heart and soul into it, that I am underqualified to do it or that I didn't earn the promotion. No brown nosing or bribes required. This company truly considers the person and their work, not just the resume.
    -Working hard everyday gets you noticed and the opposite does as well. You receive what you produce.

Cons

-Really the only negative that comes to mind is that not everyone understands how lucky they are to work, or to have worked for this company. I cannot stress enough that you can go work for any other company and not one of them will care about you like the people who work here.

Advice to Management

Be open to feedback but be sure to consider that some people will just never be satisfied. You can give people the world, the benefit of the doubt at every turn, free food, plenty of paid time off and they will continue on in their doom and gloom refusing to acknowledge it. Know that there are people here who appreciate you, and know that you are making decisions that are best for Quantum and your team.

Feb 28, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your fantastic review! We're thrilled to hear feedback from our team members who love our jobs and culture here as much as we do. There's a reason we've been voted one of Columbus' Best... More

2. "Great company"

Former Employee - Pod Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Pod Manager in Columbus, OH

Pros

Your growth will be matched to your wit

Cons

Growing pains w communication, as w any company experiencing explosive growth.

Advice to Management

Your scope is our pillars

3. "Patient service representative (PSR)"

Former Employee - PSR in Worthington, OH
    Former Employee - PSR in Worthington, OH

I worked at Quantum Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food, once a month paid lunches, potlucks, charity, and good starting pay

Cons

Managers are awful, no room for growth in he business, the clients whose plans you manage expect WAY too much there for leading to VERY upset members who complain and yell at you, management wants you to have short calls yet fix every problem for the memeber which is very unreasonable, you are micromanaged every second, it’s basically a call center and there are very few “team like” people in that company! They are growing way to fast and can’t keep up, they just treat you like a number not a person!

Jun 11, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. At Quantum Health our mission is to provide exceptional customer service to all of our members. During high call volume times, we do promote efficiency to ensure we don’t... More

"Ok"

Current Employee - Care Coordinator in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Care Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quantum health is an ok place

Cons

Quantum health will make you fat!

"Not a great place because managers are allowed whatever behavior they choose."

Current Employee - PSR in Worthington, OH
    Current Employee - PSR in Worthington, OH

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees are amazing people! Super friendly. Free snacks and free pop and coffee

Cons

Many managers need fired! A couple of the men are rude and disrespectful.

Advice to Management

The excuse... That's just how he is... Is no excuse for a poor manager! Being a bully, intimidating and threatening... Unacceptable!

May 29, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We’re happy you are enjoying the many perks we offer and that you’ve formed some great relationships with your team members.

I’m sorry to hear... More

"PSR"

I worked at Quantum Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Food and Some of the coworkers.

Cons

Watch your back. The place is full of snakes and back stabber. Management has no idea what they are doing they just want the numbers needed to stay afloat. They have nurses overseeing medical departments that do not have the "special creditials" to do so. If you bring up anything to HR about things that you see going on that concerns you, you are targeted and fired. Quantum is a very one sided business and you are always on the wrong side of it. They want a head count on the Phones, and leadership is a joke. Turnover at this company is the worst I've ever seen in my 30 of Customer Service. They are constantly having job fairs to replace the dozens fired weekly for trivial reason. Do yourself a favor and dont even apply unless you plan on being miserable, stressed, overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated. They sure had a good outlook 4 years ago, and it really is a shame what they've allowed happen. If you're looking for job security, keep looking. HR is also a joke, turnover in that department is almost as bad as the Pods. No loyalty, unless it's you being the loyal one.

Advice to Management

If you have a good, passionate employee, who is great at everything. Keep them, that's what the Pillars were about!

"Frustrating place to work"

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time

Pros

The people are some of the nicest you will find.
    The benefits/insurance package is nice.
    Free food.

Cons

Only apply if you want to be a yes man and not rock the boat. Management doesn’t give a damn about you or your struggles. If you have too much work to do and ask for help, you are told to work more hours. Very unprofessional approach. Don’t try to point out flaws and possible solutions as you will be labeled as a problematic employee. Also, you can move up to certain positions but some are rotational so you can be demoted back to the call center position with less than a days notice.

Advice to Management

Stop filling your pods with worthless yes man managers who ignore problems and who don’t put in any work. Promote the people who actually give a darn about doing their job well.
    If you promote someone, don’t demote them later. No one wants to be in the call center position forever. You’ll lose good people that way.
    Your zero tolerance policy to racism is laughable. One complaint that is not even well founded can get someone fired while some managers continually make crude racist remarks and are still hired.
    Your call center employees are what make your company. The people who work hard and put in the time and effort to do things correctly get fussed at, but if you are consistently terrible they just let you be and don’t ask more if you because ‘that’s just how you are. ‘

"Unique and Rare Culture"

Current Employee - Director of L&D in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Director of L&D in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quantum Health values every individual who works here. We respect each other and encourage open and honest communication. We want everyone to be able to put their greatest skills to use in service to our members. I just sat through a monthly "Warrior Feast" where the entire Café was full of people crying because they told a "Warrior Story of the Month", where it was clear that the intervention of our care coordinators had saved a little boy's life. I'm proud to be part of a team of Healthcare Warriors.

Cons

Things move quickly and you are clearly accountable to see something, say something and do something. It's a big responsibility, but incredibly rewarding.

"PSR"

Current Employee - PSR in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are not enough words allowed to express all that I could on this site. This is the best company I have ever worked for by far. I love the mission of this company and I love coming to work each and every day. I truly believe what we do here is so important for our clients and our members. I am treated with respect and our CEO is amazing. She cares about all of us , no matter what our position, and we are rewarded all the time for going above and beyond for our clients and our members. It feels like home.

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do !!!!

10. "free food"

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free food some paid holidays

Cons

lies. unqualified management. decent training but it's not how the job actually is like 99% of others have already stated. don't offer part time. extremely high turn over rate. people are constantly quitting and the lucky are fired ( unemployment eligible ) not a good company to work for. standard call center but others pay much higher with far greater flexibility.

Advice to Management

pod managers are great some apm and some leads but they promote leads who don't even have simple college degrees so I guess that's not important in promoting.

Apr 17, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review—we appreciate the constructive feedback we can use in the future. We’ve created a 6-week training period to help prepare our team members for their role ahead; but, with... More