R2integrated Reviews | Glassdoor

Matt Goddard

1. "LDR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Pros

Great company outings and events
    Good people; with solid leadership

Cons

Benefits are mediocre; especially healthcare. Though the culture is great, there is a divide between departments. Few opportunities for in-house promotion.

2. "CatapultWorks"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I worked at R2integrated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, fun company outings, lots of opportunity. Intelligent and inspiring colleagues. Creative environment.

Cons

Long hours and high turnover.

3. "SEO Specialist"

Former Employee - SEO Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - SEO Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I worked at R2integrated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

R2i was an awesome place to work--I loved my entire time there. Leadership was strong--especially on the digital marketing side where I worked. Management was invested in providing the best for the clients, and it always showed on the final deliverables. That being said, there was always support from teammates and managers to make sure nobody was overworked and everybody was on the same page. The culture was great and morale was usually good, which made it a really enjoyable place to go to work at every day.

Overall, the perks are very good. It felt like management was invested in our happiness and it showed. They offer "unlimited" PTO, affordable healthcare, subsidized parking, and free lunch every Friday.

Cons

Inter-office communications between the three main departments was bumpy at times. Since so many projects depend on all aspects of the company, this could be a point of frustration when working on larger accounts. Also, it's hard to imagine truly climbing the ladder into an upper management position. The senior leaders have, for the most part, all been there for 5+ years and are pretty firmly entrenched. While that's definitely a pro for organizational structure, it's likely not the place if you're trying to quickly climb the corporate ladder.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the culture! The culture at R2i was my favorite thing. If you let that slip, you'll just be like any other agency.

5. "Positive Developer Experience"

I worked at R2integrated full-time

Pros

You can see by scanning the reviews that everyone seems to have a different experience. I would say that my experience was very positive. If you're given the chance to work here, you should. You will learn a ton about the industry and about yourself.

There are plenty of fun office benefits, like candy and snacks, when they are in stock. But these things are not what makes you stick around.

No matter what team you are on, you will have a solid backing. Your teammates and manager will encourage you to grow and will work together with you on tasks. You'll never be left hanging.

Management outside of your core team strive to give the right work/life balance, including unlimited PTO.

Cons

It is hard to continue to be innovative when decisions are made from a business perspective and your personal or team goals are not taken into account.

Advice to Management

Be more selective when creating and filling positions. Create positions that will last into the future. Take the time to find the right fit for a position, including internal candidates.

6. "Changes for the better"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at R2integrated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The agency continues to grow and adjust with the market and seems to react quickly to the shifts needed to service its clients and team. The teams within multiple offices are working in a more collective fashion and that has led to greater integration.
    They still feed us well and take the time to get to know all the new team members. I have seen efforts to support career advancement with training and certification which is awesome. Overall the company is doing it right and that has led to better teams and clients.

Cons

It's still a work in progress and an industry that seems to never stop innovating and requires changes in workflow and process a lot, for some it may be too rapid but for others its exciting.

Advice to Management

keep going and pay attention to the market and make the shifts needed. Continue to support the training and integration of team members.

7. "Digital Activation Team Member"

Former Employee - Media Planner/Buyer in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Media Planner/Buyer in Baltimore, MD

I worked at R2integrated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- smart people
    - the company is innovative and eager to grow
    - teams work closely and collaborate often
    - the quality of work
    - stocked snacks
    - co-workers are also your friends
    - management encourages certifications and furthering professional growth
    - cool downtown location (Baltimore)
    - a lot of laughing

Cons

I gained weight from all the candy and snacks

Advice to Management

none!

"developer's review"

I worked at R2integrated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

• free lunch
    • fun company parties
    • talented colleagues
    • fun amenities such as pool table, video game area, free candy and snacks
    • nice office
    • amazing managers
    • good place for junior level people to come learn

Cons

• opportunities for growth are rare

Advice to Management

come up with a plan to keep talented developers within the company. i met my review goals review after review, and despite asking for challenges every time, they never came and i was absolutely bored to pieces at the end and was no longer giving it my all.

9. "Great work environment - smart ambitious people"

Former Employee - Director, Business Development in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Director, Business Development in Baltimore, MD

I worked at R2integrated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

R2i provides a platform to learn and grow professionally. Lots of perks & benefits such as the offices lunches,open atmosphere among employees, flexible work schedule - in the office and at home. It is a growing company- with a lot of forward momentum!

Cons

No downsides - must be a self motivated team player to work at R2i.

Advice to Management

Keep believing in your people and letting them rise to the TOP!

"Challenging, Good workplace, Great people/culture - You'll wish you were a part of this team."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at R2integrated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for R2i for nearly 2 years out of the Seattle office. I left the job because of a family relocation.

Interview: The interview process was fairly straightforward and honest; I think I completed 3 interviews before being hired.

The people: They've got an awesome crew at the Seattle office. Seattle can be known for its "Seattle Freeze," and you don't experience that here. Like any job, there may have been tense moments with coworkers, on the whole my experience was really great.

Benefits: these may change but we had really great benefits (healthcare and otherwise). Make sure you really understand the medical plans before choosing but the perks of this job were amazing. Free massages, snacks, beer:30 Friday's, occasional offsite lunch/HH and a yearly company retreat. The annual meeting/retreat was way less like work and way more like going on a vacation with your friends.

Work/life balance: Unlimited PTO! We're all adults - so the work won't just disappear because you're not in the office; you may have to do some pre-work, work with coworkers to fill in for you, or plan projects around dates if possible. In nearly 2 years, I think I had to do work on the weekend 10 times, and it was just a few hours here/there, nothing crazy. This may depend on your individual manager, however in general - prove that you do great work, are reliable/accountable - and in turn your coworkers/management are/is understanding and flexible.

Professional Development / Opportunities: Open ended. Unlike a large company, there isn't a set path for progression, it's really up to you.

Cons

I don't necessarily think this can be prevented given the nature of the business, but sometimes the deadlines could be very stressful. My best advice would be to know that occasionally there will be stressful times like that but on the whole, they are few/far between.

Professional Development / Opportunities: Open ended. Unlike a large corporation, there isn't a set path for progression, it's really up to you. :-) - so yes, both a Pro and Con. It's up to you to make the path, and the nature of the projects that are booked guide this, so if you're looking for a straight "career path progression," you probably won't find that here. Titles/promotions don't appear to be promoted like with other companies (e.g. 2 years high performance in role + expanding responsibilities does not necessarily = +Senior to your job title). This is not necessarily a con, however if job title progression like that is important to you, you may not find that here and/or be prepared to fight for it.

Advice to Management

Keep on, keepin' on. Great plan for the future, keep hiring top talent and the work will continue to be #awesome. :-)

"Cool trendy company with retro office but be careful when applying."

I worked at R2integrated full-time

Pros

R2 is like a mini-Google. A casual and cool place to work.

- Abundant FREE food! Every Friday is free lunch catered by local businesses. There are breakfast foods, cabinets full of snacks in the kitchen, candy candy candy EVERYWHERE. You will need self control or you'll get fat.

- A unique and trendy retro office. A lounge area, game system, Inner Harbor views, piles of candy at the front desk table, candy jars on a rack, the list goes on.

- Very laid back and fun cultural environment. Jeans and casual work attire everyday.

- Nice team. Overall everyone is friendly and laid back in the company. People work hard to play hard. A very social company.

- Unlimited paid time off. Manager is flexible if something comes up.

- If you're hired, R2 will cover a certain amount towards your daily parking garage. They will give you a pass. If you take the bus, they'll cover your bus pass. This means a lot since it's in the heart of the Inner Harbor traffic madness.

- R2 will give you a laptop that will allow you to work from home if the weather sucks.

- Your skills will advance sharper and you will obtain cleaner coding for R2.

- You will get exposed to the latest technology and software.

- They are flexible with the test assessment. There are so many people that apply to R2. You will feel special at first if you get selected after the assessment.

Cons

- In hindsight, the interview test assessment felt pointless. You can "pass" the 1 hour code test and get the job offer but still not be viewed as a valuable team member if you don't know how to do things like the team does. R2 has excellent designers, front and back end developers. It's competitive and you're replaceable to be honest.The more you know, the better you will fit in and be viewed as a team equal. The moment you lose that new hire "glow" and the "honeymoon" period is over, you will NOT feel like you belong. It will feel awkward.

The test assessment also doesn't show you what a full work day at R2 is like. The daily workflow can be tedious time tracking every day with long procedures and multiple account logins for different sites. You have to give a time estimate on how long every intricate detail will take to code by dissecting multiple pages for an entire website before you even write any code. This makes sense for an agency that bills clients. This is just something to consider and to know beforehand especially if you haven't worked for an agency before.

- You better have combined experience in Adobe Photoshop, LESS CSS and Bootstrap or the team will think you CAN'T code. You will also get brownie points for knowing Jira software. Coming from the inside, I've seen the snickering and comments about interview candidates that didn't know something or had beginner mistakes. They will work with you and help you to a certain degree but you lose credibility.

- *If you apply and the job post says "and/or [skill] is a plus" it's BEST to have that skill set because your co-workers WILL judge you! It might appear to be an optional bonus and like it's not a core requirement but trust me you will look like a complete NOOB if you don't.

- Your first couple of weeks on the job, you will be constantly tested based on how well you do certain tasks. The team's perception of you will be based on that. The testing doesn't stop after the interview assessment. Also the first couple of days they might not have anything prepared for you to do sometimes. You could be sitting there for hours with nothing to do. When that happens, train in something or ask the team manager what you should do.

In conclusion, be honest and do a self evaluation first to determine whether or not the position is a fit for you to save time.

Advice to Management

R2 is a reputable company already so there's not really any advice. Just for job postings, don't put "and/or [skill or program] is a plus" just make it a requirement. Especially if it's a high preference for the manager and team. This will prevent future employees from feeling alienated or any confusion for current team members.

R2integrated Response

Mar 21, 2016 – Director of HR

We appreciate the feedback on our interview and testing process. Our interview process is a thorough one including everything from initial screening of candidates to basic skill level assessment ... More