RJS Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Brad Earnest and John Reever

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Superiority"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at RJS Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

RJS Associate feels like more than a career to me. The staff, owners, and management care. The recruiting staff here are incredibly gifted and truly understand how to solve some difficult employment issues. If quality is what you want to then RJS Associates is where you want to go. I get to utilize my professional talents in an atmosphere that challenges me daily. Every day is a new exploit.

Cons

The work can be hard. What we do here is not easy, but the supportive culture and excellent training make it worthwhile.

2. "Pure commission, buddy buddy environment and all cold calling."

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Hartford, CT

I worked at RJS Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay to get started, but after first three months, a quota you must pay back through sales comes into effect. One of the owners likes to yell at people publicly and there is minimal support when you are attempting to a get what they call a job. Very cut throat, a lot of back stabbing and most who say they care, well, their actions speak louder. Even when I struggled, I was let go and they said if they found something that I would be a fit for, they'd call. Despite seeing numerous postings, I never got a call.

Cons

The company itself is a con. Their "up front and honest opinion" of how they work is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Advice to Management

Actually care and get rid of the "pay back" methods of pay.

3. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at RJS Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The training program at RJS is second to none. Initial training for new consultants is incredibly in depth. After that, there is daily training sessions with experienced consultants for the first few months.
    The culture is also top notch. There isn't a single person in the office that won't drop what they're doing to help. They actually do believe in work life balance (not common in our industry). In addition to paid vacation, there are performance based incentives for additional time off.
    Finally, and most important, the compensation. There is a decent salary but the real money is made in commissions which are uncapped. With less than 3 years in the business, I've out-earned the majority of the candidates we place that have advanced degrees.

Cons

This is not a "get rich quick" scheme. It takes a solid 12 months to establish yourself. At the end of the day, this is sales. If you're afraid of outbound cold calling, this could be a struggle for you.

4. "Great Career Choice"

Current Employee - Manager in Kensington, CT
    Current Employee - Manager in Kensington, CT

I have been working at RJS Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

RJS is a very warm and friendly work environment. It has been my home away from home for close to 15 years now. From day one I was trained by some of the best in the business. As a result I am able to offer what I have learned over the years to our junior and new recruiters.

I have had my share of sales jobs over the years mostly lasting less than year so naturally when I started at RJS I had my doubts. Boy was I wrong. 15 years and still going strong. I can honestly say I still like coming to work every day.

If you are looking for a job that feels like home, but also affords you the chance to make a very good living then RJS is the place for you.

Cons

This is not really a negative, but this job is not for everyone. If you have an open mind and are willing to work hard RJS will reward you handsomely.

5. "Opportunity"

I have been working at RJS Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started with the firm over 15 years ago. I had no idea what a Recruiter was or how much they could earn. I only knew that I was looking for unlimited earning potential while still being able to spend quality time with my family. Over the past 15 years RJS has provided me an opportunity to earn a great income while still being able to attend all my kids special events. It can be hard work at times but the rewards have made it more than worth it. There are a lot of Search Firms in CT but RJS is clearly a cut above the rest; the tenure of our Sr. Recruiters speaks volumes!

Cons

I'd like to see us continue to reach out to Sales People that could be a great fit for our company.

Advice to Management

Continue to be creative in getting the word out to perspective Sales People that we are a company worth considering.

6. "Best Place I've Ever Worked"

I have been working at RJS Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve worked quite a few sales jobs over the years but have no hesitation in saying RJS Associates is the best of them all. From its beautiful, modern office building that graces the Hartford skyline, to its large, high-tech equipped office, RJS is the difference between “just a job” and a career one can love.
    I’m among the many employees here with more than ten years of tenure, having joined the team in the mid-90s. I have seen two owners retire and the torch passed to the current owners. Through these changes the one constant has been management’s desire to see all succeed. From the continuing training to the sales contests to the social events and parties, the goal has been for everyone to learn and earn and have fun doing so. With the outstanding group of people working here, RJS quickly becomes like a family. We have shared weddings and Christenings, joyous times and tragedies and through it all the bonds of friendships grow stronger still.
    Like any sales job, pay is dependent on how hard you work. But between training, high-tech support, monthly and yearly awards, and the philosophy of work is work and home is home, almost anyone with a desire to succeed can indeed discover success at RJS.
    I would like to close by assuring you I am not in management and have no stake in its ownership. I am simply an employee who has been lucky enough to have worked here for many years, have enjoyed almost every minute and would encourage anyone with a sincere drive to succeed to join the team. We’d love to have you!

Cons

Like any good job, the time flies. Blink your eyes on Monday and it's already Friday!

7. "Recruiter"

I worked at RJS Associates full-time

Pros

Unlimited sick time , more holidays off then usual

Cons

Worst place I ever worked. One the owners is awful he takes people into the office and screams at them so everyone in the office can hear. He's rude and cocky and makes the environment super uncomfortable. Office has no updates. Dirty cubicles, old phones, no headsets, not even water. You have to go out to the gross water fountain in the hall. You would think you went back to the 80's. They pay 30000 annually but you have to pay them 10000 a month out of your commission to work there. So really your paying THEM 90,000 a yr to work there. Benefits are awful as well. 2500 deductible to reach before you can use it.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Hartford, CT

I have been working at RJS Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a great, fun work environment. They are consistently running office contests and they make it fun to come to work everyday. Management really cares about the employees and their families. It's a sales job and the commission is uncapped. It might take a little while to get up and running but the money you make correlates directly to how hard you work. I haven't been here that long but I can clearly see if you aren't making real money after a year, it's your own fault.

Cons

It's a slow start, but management is very realistic and upfront about the ramp up time that it takes to really get started.

9. "Great work environment, opportunity to make excellent money"

Pros

Comprehensive year 3 month training program
    Managers help foster personal growth
    Longstanding placement firm-good reputation

Cons

Fairly low pay
    All cold calling

10. "Good training, but a grind house"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at RJS Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

solid training and ongoing training

Cons

minimal support, if you are in the wrong department with a weak manager or someone doesn't like