Roc Search Reviews

Updated Feb 19, 2021

3.9
Roc Search Managing Director/Owner Conor Roughneen
Conor Roughneen
Pros
  • "Have only recently join Roc Search and they have been great at making me feel part of the team(in 43 reviews)

• "Fantastic working environment and there is training provided for everyone regardless of level(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The focus call was a practice widely used at Roc Search when a candidate they are working with has multiple offers (for example)(in 15 reviews)

• "I can’t find any cons, it’s long hours but that’s not a con if you’re making money(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Much Improved Company

Feb 19, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management are great WAY more than it used to be Real family feel Big upside on $$$

Cons

Can be very hard work! No 401k currently

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 4.0

Good Company

Feb 19, 2021 - Cashier
      Business Outlook

Pros

They Work with you on the hours you need

Cons

The Pay could be better

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 3.0

consultant review

Jan 23, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

location, people, dress code, snacks, stand up desks

Cons

hours, old school mentality, paid time off, not family oriented

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Would not recommend

Jan 7, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Some good people still left -Company incentive trips are a good time

Cons

-Poorly run business from the top down -Heavily micromanaged and KPI driven environment -Low compensation, even for the highest performers -Incredibly dishonest and unethical business, constantly pushed to lie to candidates and customers -CEO tries to discredit and blackmail past employees with lawsuits -Management handled covid incredibly poorly. No real remote flexibility even during a pandemic -All around not an enjoyable place to work. Was incredibly stressful even during periods of top performance.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible

Jan 11, 2021 - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing, this place still gives me nightmares after all these years

Cons

You’d make the same amount of money working for McDonald’s

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

People first business that has done it's best to look after staff during Covid!

Aug 20, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's been a tough time for everyone globally and that's been especially felt within the recruitment industry. When companies across the UK and US were laying off employees en masse at the start of the Covid lockdown, Roc search did everything in it's power to protect people's jobs. We've seen competitors lay off 50% of their staff with no consideration for them as people, companies have cut salaries, cut commission and let people go so they haven't had to pay large commission checks. Roc search has done none of that. Don't get me wrong a lot of difficult decisions have had to be made, but i truly believe Roc has done everything it can to put it's people first and look after the welfare of everyone. The bounce back is on, the market is more positive and the business is improving all the time. Future is bright. Future is orange.

Cons

Same cons as you get at any business working in recruitment, long hours and a tough job. Roc make it a fun, enjoyable environment where everyone is set up for success

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good to start career in Recruitment

Aug 19, 2020 - Recruiter in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

good training, great people, good pay

Cons

cut throat, poor hours, heartless management

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Time to ramp up the fake reviews!

Aug 27, 2020 - Recrutiment consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

A nice email from your manager telling you to write positive reviews about the company to avoid the fact that they’re forcing their employees to go back to work during a pandemic

Cons

Everything. There are so many other recruiting firms out there that know how to get business the right way without having to cold call and sell people on fake jobs. THERE IS NO HR DEPARTMENT THERE IS NO WAY TO SEE PAY STUBS WITHOUT EMAILING SOMEONE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY NO ONE WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO ENROLL IN YOUR “BENEFITS” BUT NO ONE ASKS BECAUSE THEY JUST SCOOP UP A BUNCH OF 19 YEAR OLDS THAT ARE FINISH COLLEGE AND DONT CARE ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE The only reason people were able to work from home was because big cities like Austin and NYC were shut down. As soon as they got the okay to go back, they forced employees to choose their job over their safety

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

They make you write a review when you first start

Jun 8, 2020 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Particularly for people who are new to the business world and sales it’s a good opportunity to learn about cold calling, and potentially hiring habits of companies. Helps to navigate future job searches.

Cons

Really it’s just quite honestly very low paying job particularly for the monotonous and dishonest work. Might be good if you want to be a recruiter, or it’s your first job out of college. Particularly in Austin they are way way way better choices and higher paying jobs. Expect Lots of micromanagement and probably drama and gossip. Lots of sexism And encouragement to binge drink and company outings.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to make Immediate Impact!

Feb 20, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I genuinely enjoy coming to my job everyday. I think the hardest part to figure out if you are just starting out in recruitment is if this career path is right for you. Recruitment is generally going to be long hours, high pressure, metrics focused, and a heavy emphasis on the " I don't care what you billed last quarter, what are you doing for me right now?" sales attitude. It's just part of the job. If you're not ready to work hard and are looking for a standard 9-5, it's not for you. If you want to make a lot of money and see your professional development sky rocket, you should probably consider recruitment. Here are a few things I've noticed about Roc Search that I think are unique to our organization: - Amazing people: I've never felt so genuinely supported by a group of people who care and get excited about your success. Management wants to see you not only hit your billing/financial goals, but achieve your personal goals as well. - Opportunity for Impact: From day one you are able to immediately impact the organization in a positive way. There is currently so much opportunity for growth and development in both our Austin and New York offices. If your goal is to be managing a team, we'll get you on a fast track to build that out. If you dream of opening up a new office in a new location, we'll set a target for you to hit and help you get there. - Culture: We're constantly striving every day to improve and better our culture. We have a great group of fun and energetic team members and leaders who make the office a fun place to come every day. We have monthly office outings, TWO very achievable incentive trips every year for the entire organization, lunch clubs and so much more. - Personal and Professional Development: We have the most amazing L&D team to help you outline your goals and constantly strive to achieve them. Management takes personal interest in making sure you understand your market, how to do the job, and what you need to do to be successful. - Perks: Great benefits, free downtown parking and a free gym membership! The more you put into this job, the more you will get out of it. At the end of the day the people that don't make it in recruitment are only half invested. It's up to you on how hard you want to work but if you decide you want to give it your all we've got a pretty incredible team that can help you get to where you want to be.

Cons

It's a work in progress! We're a relatively small team that is growing at a rapid pace. With that comes some growing pains, a few mistakes made but lessons learned, but it also provides a really cool opportunity to immediately see the impact you make on an organization!

3 people found this review helpful