Roc Search Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Roc Search Interview Questions

Interviews at Roc Search

3.4

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roc Search (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Met with an internal recruiter who walked me through the company as a whole and gave me an idea of what the culture and practices would be. She was very informative and gave me a very good feel for the company. She then dove into my resume and why I was looking for a new opportunity. It was a very conversational atmosphere. She took notes while the process was ongoing, but it was not intimidating.
    I then got to meet the Director of the Austin, TX branch. He was very straight forward and wanted to learn what motivated me. He was direct and honest with what he felt I could accomplish at the company.
    Overall, I thought the interview process was great and that the people involved in it balanced a conversational comfort with honest and straight-forward expectations for the role.

Interview Questions

• What would you keep you motivated everyday to succeed?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a little bit about how you recruit? / What tools do you use to source?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roc Search (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I first spoke with the Internal Recruiter at the company. Because I had previous 360 Recruitment experience, she was quick to invite me in to the office. I don't know that my first call lasted more than 5 minutes. When I came in, I spoke with the IR briefly, and met with a very impressive Senior Consultant, Hannah Bates. We reviewed my experience, and she told me more about the reason for the open role and what they would expect of their consultants. Hannah let me know that they would be in touch, one way or another, and gave me a tour of their offices before walking me out. The location is very cool and it is in a great location, on Austin's East 6th street. My final meeting was with two of the Austin Managers and the VP of US, Alastair Cole. It included a presentation, where I was able to tell them more about myself, as well as what I planned to bring to the company. We had a lengthy conversation afterward, and I was very impressed by all three of their backgrounds. The two managers, Donal and Chris, had both started their professional careers with Roc Search in the UK, and after proving themselves through continued success, raised their hands to start the Austin and New York City offices, respectively. I received a verbal offer the next morning and, after a couple of additional conversations with proven employees, did ultimately join the company in early May.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would screen candidates for soft skills, in addition to technical skills. I had never been asked this in previous interviews with agencies. I liked the question, as the candidates' personalities are an important point to note when matching them with potential employers, due to company size, management style, and other factors.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roc Search (Austin, TX).

Interview

They advertise this position as an entry level position but then every job that you have on your resume isn't good enough and then grill you on every job. The hot shot British guy grills you and draws all over your resume. He's very arrogant. I contemplated leaving in the middle of the interview and really wish I had. They expect you to work 24/7 for 35k a year. It's a good ole boys club. There's only men that work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Roc Search (Austin, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

4 Step

1. 30 min phone call (get to know you)
    2. Video interview. They ask you to record yourself answering these three questions: why recruiting? What motivates you? What can you bring to Roc Search
    3. Interview with Talent acquisition
    4. Call references and then interview with CEO

Interview Questions

• Do you know understand the role?
      How do you deal with stress?
      What’s a weakness of yours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roc Search (Austin, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

First I received a call from their recruiter. The conversation was pleasant and lasted about 30 minutes. At the end of the call she scheduled a time for me to go in office and interview with a manager and one of their lead sales associates. The interview process was easy and straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Roc Search (Austin, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

Extremely straightforward and transparent. Recruiter was clear about the role from the start, and the entire process was to-the-point and streamlined. Start to finish only took about 2 days from the initial phone call to the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roc Search (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day by the corporate recruiter. He wanted to get to know my background and he went into detail about the company. He emphasized that it is a sales position, but there is high reward for hard work with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth. I met with him in the office later that week and he asked if I had any questions and offered helpful suggestions to interview with one of the managers. He left and the manager came in. He got right to to the point and went through my resume and asked me about my goals. It can get uncomfortable if you do not like sharing personal financial information. Very transparent about what the role consists of and how it can be rewarding if you work hard, with examples of commission made by people in that office. He gave me a tour of the office and left. I received a call later that day to come in the following week to prepare a presentation with one of the managers in the UK through a video conference. I received email instructions (it is pretty concise) and you work with the corporate recruiter on how to prepare for the interview. The final interview consisted of meeting with 2 managers, one from the previous interview, and the manager from the UK. You go over your presentation and then they go through it again with you and ask questions. They then had me stay for a role play with a client. I heard back later that day. Overall, very transparent about what they expect and how they work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Roc Search in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was tough but rewarding. There were two rounds one with managers in the office and the second with the managers and video conference with U.K. The questions were challenging but straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roc Search (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

There was an initial interview onsite with one of the sales managers and the trainer, and then there was a second interview with their corporate office in the UK. Overall, I think that they are seeking who is ambitious and willing to put in hard work. Their questions were quite challenging, but they were there with me every step of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Roc Search (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview with Tyler went well. Then the "hot shot" British CEO came in and grilled me on a number of questions Tyler had already asked. But instead he was scribbling all over my resume and making over exaggerated check marks and was just a very abbrasive and arrogant person.

Interview Questions

• How much are your student loans?   1 Answer
    • You've been at your company for 5 minutes why do you want to leave   1 Answer
    • This is an intense job where we rough house, tease , and it's very high stress , not everybody's going to love you , how will you handle that.   1 Answer