Rocket Internet Reviews

Updated May 3, 2020

3.4
Rocket Internet CEO Oliver Samwer
Oliver Samwer
Pros
  • "Fast paced startup with some talented people from across the globe(in 36 reviews)

• "Steep learning curve, the very best in performance marketing and digital marketing(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Great learning experience"

I worked at Rocket Internet full-time

Pros

Great combination of startup + consulting/VC environement. Rigour and inovation combined

Cons

Ressource management can be short-sighted

Rocket Internet2018-11-16
  2. "good experience"

I worked at Rocket Internet

Pros

colleagues are friendly and self-motivated

Cons

need to deal with pressure

Rocket Internet2018-07-18

"Excellent, challenging experience"

Former Employee - Managing Director

I worked at Rocket Internet full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Opportunity to springboard into management position early on - Lots of responsibilities - Aggressive culture - empowered to do anything (and quickly) - Interesting markets - Direct lines of contact to top executives

Cons

- Seen as a place to stamp passport; very high turnover - Incredibly confusing equity options through series of opaque entitites

Rocket Internet2018-06-03
  4. "Senior Developer"

I worked at Rocket Internet full-time

Pros

Freedom, flexibility, fund, speed, international

Cons

long hours, impersonal, high turnover

Rocket Internet2018-01-15

"O"

I have been working at Rocket Internet

Pros

Professional people and good learning

Cons

The top management only seeks their benefit. A lot of lay offs.

Rocket Internet2017-04-25
  6. "Manager"

Manager

I worked at Rocket Internet for more than 3 years

Pros

Lot´s of autonomy and freedom to work

Cons

Not much guidance nor mentorship. Great company though.

Rocket Internet2017-02-25

February 28, 2017HR Director

Thanks for posting your review on Glassdoor! We also think that Rocket enables entrepreneurship and encourages independent thinking; providing the perfect environment within which employees can learn quickly. We are sorry to hear that you experienced a lack of guidance during your long time with us; Rocket’s company culture is based upon the notion of self-responsibility and taking ownership for tasks. However alignment and guidance are very important to accelerate your learning and development. Please reach out to our HR team if you want to provide more precise feedback, we’d love to take your comments into account moving forward. Good luck with your future plans!

"Great learning, make sure you're taking away as much as theyre taking from you"

I worked at Rocket Internet full-time

Pros

You work with some of the best, brightest and most driven people out there If you're lucky, you get incredible responsibility and often autonomy If you like speed & working hard, it's a perfect fit

Cons

Culture can definitely be cut- throat, it depends on who you work with/for but always be careful They will grind you and your equity is most likely worth little if anything,so be wary and look at it as a learning expereince

Rocket Internet2017-02-03

February 28, 2017HR Director

Thanks for taking the time to review your time with us, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed the responsibility of the role. We encourage people to take ownership of their work so that they can really make an impact - and the fast-paced work environment is well suited to those who are seeking to learn fast in a constantly stimulating atmosphere! However we do take your comments seriously, it’s unfortunate that you felt over-worked and have negative views about our company culture. We pride ourselves on our ability to enable each of our employees on their entrepreneurial journey. Please feel free to reach out to our HR team at any point, and best of luck in your next position!

8. "great experience poor work life balance"

I worked at Rocket Internet

Pros

Top notch skills and know how

Cons

work your ...ss off really

Rocket Internet2016-10-08

October 10, 2016Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for sharing your experience on Glassdoor. Our skills and know-how are something that we're really proud of here at Rocket. Work-life balance is a very important topic for us. Our approach is to make sure our teams and managers are empowered to make the best decisions for their area. Therefore we'd need more information about your precise situation. Please reach out to our HR teams. Until then, we wish you all the best with your new adventures!

"Company review"

I worked at Rocket Internet part-time

Pros

Great diversity, opportunities, and quality of people

Cons

Unstable, cut throat, competitive, low compensation

Rocket Internet2016-09-09

September 22, 2016Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are a leading tech company in Europe, manage multiple business models and that obviously offers great opportunities to our people. Cool to hear that you enjoyed the diversity here - we have more than 60 different nationalities at our headquarter. Our compensation strategy is to offer fair and competitive salaries as compared to the markets - please reach out to our HR team to get more information about that. On the same occasion, please explain what you mean with cut throat. It's very important for us to understand.

"Business Development"

I worked at Rocket Internet

Pros

great dynamic work environment. Interesting colleagues

Cons

Work-life balance is pretty bad

Rocket Internet2016-09-12

September 22, 2016HR Director

Thank you for sharing your past experience. Please reach out to our HR team to provide more feedback on the work life balance. Our approach is to work together with the managers to make sure that this topic is tackled were it should be tackled, at the team level. We wish you all the best on your road!

Found 325 reviews