Rockfish Interactive Reviews

Updated Nov 25, 2019

Rockfish Interactive CEO Michael Stich
Michael Stich
Pros
Cons
  • "Rockfish is an Advertising Agency and as such the client is the ultimate boss which can result in long hours if not managed(in 4 reviews)

• "Senior management does not communicate well with their teams, often absent for long periods of time, as teams are spread out across several offices(in 3 reviews)

1. "Good Culture"

Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Frisco, TX

I worked at Rockfish Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

This agency was unlike any other in the DFW area with a strong emphasis on innovation, multi-agency engagements, and heavy focus on technology and eCommerce. Despite the caliber of clients and projects, work-life balance was good and opportunities for growth were abundant.

Cons

Location of the office can be difficult to some wanting a more genuine Dallas experience. Collaboration with offices in other areas of the country was heavily determined by client contracts making it somewhat difficult to connect with some teammates outside of your client. Pay could have been better.

2. "Eh"

Former Employee - Senior Designer

I worked at Rockfish Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, talented employees, nice view of downtown

Cons

Boys club management, high turnover, horrible client budget management

3. "Good company to work for"

in Rogers, AR

I worked at Rockfish Interactive for more than a year

Pros

Very smart group of people to work with and learn from

Cons

Too much competition in space now

4. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive full-time

Pros

Good culture, fun projects and people

Cons

Not using all latest tech

"Quick Review"

Product Owner in Rogers, AR

I worked at Rockfish Interactive for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting clients with some killer teams pushing towards greatness. I was able to stretch into new roles with the support of several folks.

Cons

Typical agency junk about billable time and too much bureaucracy getting in the way of innovation in some groups

June 2, 2017Chief People Officer

Thanks for this review and your candor. Also, thank you for 3+ years with Rockfish. We're proud to hear you experienced a great team and clients during your tenure with us. Please know that we aggressively work to eliminate bureaucracy at every level so innovation can flourish.

6. "AWESOME PLACE"

Current Employee - Tech in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everything about this company is a PRO

Cons

Can't think of any

Continue reading

"Call me crazy, but this is my best job in 10+ years"

Current Employee - Highly Trained Monkey

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive full-time

Pros

- Change - Self-starter environment - Brilliant, good people you can constantly learn from and grow alongside - Challenging, innovative, exciting work on top brands - Trust & flexibility: Work from home, as needed PTO - Choose your own adventure: Rockfish is extremely accommodating to those who show grit and initiative and dedication. If you want a new challenge, want to try on a new hat, you'll get the opportunity if you worked for it - Excellent leadership and culture in Business Innovations (Client Services) group - Beer at work - Casual environment (fart jokes boost morale, it's scientifically proven)

Cons

- Volatility driven by unpredictable market/industry changes - High-pressure environment, need to be comfortable with high(ish) stakes work if you want to advance here - Not a place to get comfortable in a routine, so if that's your goal don't work here - Summer camp/college dorm-like activities intended to "build culture" like marshmallow eating contests and trivia. Totally fine, but don't make people feel like they don't love Rockfish and their teams because they don't value this.

June 2, 2017Chief People Officer

This is fair and honest feedback; thank you for providing. Your advice to management is something we find especially valuable and we will consider every bit of input you've provided. And if you don't want to eat marshmallows, I promise we won't make you. Thanks for sharing your experience of what it's like to work at Rockfish.

"innovative & Fast Paced"

I worked at Rockfish Interactive full-time

Pros

The technical and strategic talent is unmatched! Innovation is constantly on everyone's mind. The entrepreneurial spirit is evident across all areas.

Cons

Change management is difficult in this sized organization.

June 2, 2017Chief People Officer

Thank you for this review. Every company has core values, and most employees ignore them. We're different in that innovation isn't something we have to push, it's who we are. It's great to hear that we're living our core values in a visible way.

"Really enjoyed my time at Rockfish!"

I worked at Rockfish Interactive full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Very supportive and mostly-transparent - Family and employee health is always number one - Everyone you work with is exceptional; the unexceptional tend to leave rather quickly - The C-level leadership will get to know you on a first name basis - General happiness in the office is high year after year

Cons

- The company is awesome and seems like a playground, but it's still a business. - It's an agency so it has all the negatives like volatile clients and long hours from time to time.

April 4, 2017Chief People Officer

Thank you for this review! We are glad your time at Rockfish was positive.

"More layoffs, more misinformation, more sadness"

1.0

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive full-time

Pros

Good employee events when we can afford them

Cons

Morale is at an all time low. RF is still trying to survive through layoffs like the ones we just had this month. Creative quality is low and innovation is not in the skill set.Office leadership is a joke. The ship may be starting to sink. Maybe it will "dawn"on folks who/what the problem is.

Found 94 reviews