Rockfish Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rockfish Interactive CEO Michael Stich
Michael Stich

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes requires long hours, but that kind of comes with the territory when you work for any digital agency (in 4 reviews)

• not enough communication from upper management (in 4 reviews)

"Developer I"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employer is spectacular. Always pushing you to grow your skill set while making sure you enjoy your work life. The groups you get to work with are simply amazing. Smart, fun, and energetic.

Cons

Projects can be overwhelming at times, but management makes up for it by making sure you take time off to prevent you getting burnt out on projects.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to give management. They always stickup for their employees and make sure they're happy. They do whatever they can to help remedy issues to make sure you enjoy your work life.

"Not what it's advertised to be"

Current Employee - Manager in Rogers, AR
    Current Employee - Manager in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits /pay good /work environment

Cons

Layoffs. People would disappear out of the address book and/or their work area would be quietly dismantled after they were gone. Most companies announce layoffs so people know whats going to happen, but not Rockfish or their parent company WPP. They are sneaky about it and people just seem to quietly disappear.

Advice to Management

If you don't have the work, don't employ people and then turn around and lay them off.

"Digital Designer"

Former Employee - Digital Designer in Rogers, AR
    Former Employee - Digital Designer in Rogers, AR

I worked at Rockfish Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. They had an on staff barista in the mornings. That was kind of a nice perk but the coffee wasn't very good.

Cons

This agency is run by a bunch of people that never set foot inside of an ad agency before and, as a result, they have no idea what they are doing. They have built their business around way underpaying people so that they can keep their prices low and still make a killer profit for themselves on the backs of their employees. Their yearly reviews are literally how much of a "rock star" you are and they are a complete joke. I helped them win a multi-million dollar account and they repaid me with a 1500 dollar raise. Pathetic. Creatives, you are not taken seriously here and if your work doesn't look exactly like every website already on the market (they fear innovation) you will be looked at as an idiot. This is more of a subpar software company that occasionally does creative than a creative shop. Beware.

Advice to Management

Take your employees seriously, pay them fairly and treat people with respect.

Nov 4, 2016 – SVP, Talent Acquisition & HR

Thank you for this review; we always appreciate feedback. It's clear from the information you've shared that you were employed some time ago with Rockfish. As innovation is core to our success ... More

"Anonymous"

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive full-time

Pros

Rockfish is by far one of the best companies I've worked for. The talent across the organization is top-notch and our Clients see that. The culture, the people, the family of friends your co-workers become are just a few of the amazing things about Rockfish. Not to mention we get to work on some of the worlds largest books of business.

Cons

- The work can be extremely stressful at times
    - If you're "good" at being "average" then RF is probably not the place for you
    - You have to be a go-getter, self starter to succeed here
    - Everyone is ALWAYS "slammed".... for those of us who don't like to be bored that's a "pro"
    - Politics from upper level management is a bit silly

Advice to Management

A pat on the back would be nice every now and then. Take the time to "thank" your teams... This is a big year at RF and everyone is working extremely hard days and long hours. The people you have here are people you will keep if you just took a second more to get to know them on a little deeper level.

Aug 30, 2016 – SVP, Talent Acquisition & HR

Thanks for sharing your experience as an employee at Rockfish. We do have some opportunity to better express our appreciation for everyone's contributions. It's people like you who drive our ... More

"Can't believe they're still putting fake reviews up."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Rockfish Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were no pros at all.

Cons

A digital agency with no clue, bad management, a culture of backstabbing and who makes their employees right fake reviews.

Advice to Management

Instead of writing fake reviews, improve your culture.

Aug 15, 2016 – SVP, Talent Acquisition & HR

Thank you for this review, your feedback is very valuable. I assure you, between Glassdoor's process and the principles on which Rockfish operates, no one is being asked to write a review of any ... More

"IT Administrator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to grow and learn. Small company environment with big company benefits. Lots of promotion oppurtunities if you are willing to put in the work.

Cons

Sometimes it tough to use the unlimited PTO due to work load. However management does encourage taking time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Rockfish - the land of digital opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Rogers, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive full-time

Pros

I came to Rockfish straight from college and have gained tremendous experience in my four years with the company. I feel that working for Rockfish has catapulted me past my peers working at other agencies in terms of strategic thinking, tactical execution skills and general overall experience in the digital sphere.

Rockfish is the place to be if you are a fast-paced, quick-thinking, open-minded individual who enjoys a variety of work and growth opportunities. At Rockfish, you dictate your own career path. Through real time performance management (not annual reviews) and one-on-one relationships between leaders and direct reports, individuals can grow quickly (both upward and across disciplines) if they take the initiative.

While the innovative projects and learning opportunities are the best reasons for choosing to work at Rockfish, there are other nice perks such as:
    -weekly cultural events in each office (happy hours, catered lunches, etc.)
    -unlimited paid time off (so long as your work gets done)
    -flexible environment (work from home if/when you need to)
    -cell phone reimbursement
    -peer recognition through YouEarnedIt (points you award, accumulate and redeem for gift cards, local experiences, merchandise, etc.).

Cons

This is a very fast-paced environment. Most of the people hired here thrive on that (those who don't often don't last long here) but it's easy to burn out. If you don't actively communicate with your leaders/teams about realistic expectations around workload, you're probably going to be miserable. Rockfishers (including leadership) value balance, but the key is open and honest communication and knowing when it's time to step back and take a breath.

"Brilliant and Inviting"

Current Employee - Strategy in Rogers, AR
    Current Employee - Strategy in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, smart and talented bunch of welcoming employees and leadership. Flexible and fun environment, real straight talk - no annual reviews, and transparency with bi-monthly all company meetings.

Cons

Health Insurance Plan needs improvement

Advice to Management

Keep the open door policy going.

"Strong connection to entrepreneurial community"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Rockfish Interactive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rockfish is a very strong supporter of the entrepreneurial community in each of the cities where they have offices. Employees are encouraged to be supportive of local Startup Accelerators and be involved in hackathons and other initiatives. This connection to the innovation community is a great differentiators for Rockfish clients as well.

Cons

Overall there is nothing negative to call out

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    Great people
    Fun and Engaging environment

Cons

Not a streamline path for advancement