STC Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
STC Direct President Justin Sgro
Justin Sgro

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great company to work for with amazing opportunities offered."

I worked at STC Direct full-time

Pros

STC Direct is a great place to work. There is a contagious excitement that fills the office with the success of everyone who works there. You can always be successful as an individual with the work you put in, but I’ve never worked at a place where everyone is genuinely excited to see you get promoted and succeed. There is a strong team mentality that is strengthened through team nights and crew nights. This office is a great place to work, because they aren’t just your coworkers – it’s like a family. Justin helps to make it feel that way by not just being the president of the company, but being very hands on helping you to be successful and caring about everyone on his team.

Cons

I don't have any - it's a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I've never worked for a company that cares so much about their employees.

May 3, 2017 – President

Hi, reviewer! WOW, thank you so much for the kind words! We love our team-oriented, supportive environment and are glad that you feel the same! All the best, STC Direct Philly Management Team

2. "ANOTHER VERIZON SALES JOB!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at STC Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you want to sell Verizon for 2+ years this is the job for you!

Cons

They promote growth and entrepreneurship but all you're doing is selling Verizon.

They'll brag about all their fortune 500 clients but it's a SCAM!

Advice to Management

Be more up front. Be honest with interviews looking for opportunities. Tell them how this is a revolving door business instead of selling the lies. Don't tell people about all the "fortune 500" companies you represent and how they can represent them too after making you a bunch of money first.

"Terrible!"

I worked at STC Direct full-time

Pros

The people were nice and friendly to work with

Cons

Pay was horrible! practically 100% commission and 0 job security! Also, most days you work 10-12 hrs. The first few hours in the office you don't even get paid!

Jul 12, 2017 – Management

Hey, Reviewer!

Thank you for the time you took to share your experience and compliment our team. We think they're pretty great, too. The goal for our Fortune 500 client is to train and develop... More

"Great Experience & Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at STC Direct (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working at STC Direct for the people. Every day when I went into work I got to see people that genuinely cared about my success and wanted to help me achieve my goals at work. I loved the team atmosphere and really felt that it helped for us all to learn and grow not only individually, but as a whole. While I was there, I got to see many promotions and really knew how great of an opportunity it was and I am so thankful for that!

Cons

I can't think of any downsides at all!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you know works! You've obviously been successful and that shows each and every day and you make those around you want to be more successful and achieve their goals. Thank you for the amazing opportunity of getting to work with you. I know you'll go on to do great things!

Jan 23, 2017 – President

Hey, reviewer! We are happy to know that the atmosphere, culture, and values we've set into place here at STC Direct Philly have helped you succeed. Thank you for joining our team and playing an... More

"STC Direct"

Current Employee - Account Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at STC Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came to STC Direct ready to leave the world of working a 9-5 "job" with glass ceilings. The opportunity to succeed based on my hard work and willingness to go the extra mile originally drew me to working with STC Direct, but getting to know the people and the company took it so much further than I ever expected. The atmosphere of positivity, high energy, and a genuine desire for the success of everyone within the team makes coming to work something I actually look forward to. The relationships that I have formed with my coworkers have and continued to help me grow both professionally and personally. I get the opportunity to learn and practice skills on a daily basis that help me reach my goals in business and pretty much anything outside of work. STC Direct provides the tools for anyone who is willing to work and be willing to learn grow to whatever success level they desire.

Cons

While some people may consider working hard a con, I am personally glad to be a part of a company that does not reward laziness, lack of integrity, or negativity. If getting something for nothing is your train of thought, this would not be a good fit for you. I work a five day work week with that being at 40 hours. A person can choose to work more if they want but that is their decision.

Advice to Management

Thanks for being supportive and teaching me skill sets that have positively changed my life both personally and professionally!

Jan 23, 2017 – President

Hi there! You hit the nail on this head with this review! We are surrounded by some of the hardest working individuals we've ever met. Thank you so much for sharing your candid response and for being... More

"Limitless room for growth!"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at STC Direct (Less than a year)

Pros

Training was very hands on. I never felt like I was being left on my own or had to figure something out without the help of others. The office environment and company culture was great. We had fun in the mornings before heading to our stores and had the chance to get to know each other at office functions. I was surprised on how many good motivated people work here, it pushed me to be better myself!

Cons

I don't look at it as there is cons, its all part of the career and if everything was easy there wouldn't be the opportunity. 100% merit based means its up to the individual. Great thing is its up to the person if they're gonna run with the opportunity or if their gonna make excuses and watch other people out work them and have the success they want.

Advice to Management

Thanks for giving me a chance when I didn't think you would and believing in me!

May 3, 2017 – President

Hello there! Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are glad that our culture has helped motivate you and push you to your goals! Keep up the great work! Sincerely, STC Direct Philly... More

"Gets your foot in the door if you are looking for a sales job...but that is it"

Former Employee - Account Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

The environment in the office is great. Everyone is willing to help you out in this business because it is not something you can succeed at by just going at it yourself. This is a Direct sales kind of job so you represent a profitable client and sell its product. No limit to how much you can make.

Cons

-Really long hours
    -You work from Sunday to Saturday until 7pm usually.
    -you need a car (they don't give you gas money and you can be driving all the way to Delaware)
    -Pay is really low when you start (could be stuck in a draw back system if you do not improve.)
    -A lot of people come and go, so your friend there might not be there in a few months or so

Jan 23, 2017 – President

Hello, reviewer! We appreciate your feedback and agree that this is a great opportunity to learn sales and advance into progressively bigger roles in leadership and management. All the best, STC... More

"I've never been in a position where I've developed or grown more as a professional."

Current Employee - Account Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at STC Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exceptional company culture, opportunity for growth, team camaraderie, entrepreneurial focus, rapid advancement, recognition, merit based, no seniority, hard work doesn't go unnoticed

Cons

There aren't really any cons if you're a hard worker and have a great attitude. While this position can be challenging, my mentors have given me all the tools to be successful.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You're doing a great job developing the top leaders of tomorrow!

May 3, 2017 – President

Hello there! We love seeing reviews like this! We completely agree that a strong work ethic and a positive attitude is what you need to be successful at our company! Thank you, STC Direct Philly... More

"New Employee"

Pros

I have been with the company for almost 3 months and already have experienced the company credo first hand. They say it is merit based and that the growth is all from within and it is true! In just my first couple of weeks I was able to have 1 on 1 conversations with the leadership of the company and was brought in as a part of the Team. The work environment is unlike anything I have ever seen. The owner throws a bonus almost every day or two just for us doing our jobs. TEAM is EVERYTHING. I really do enjoy working at STC Direct.

Cons

The environment can be intimidating only because people are so driven and willing to help. It really is all about people helping people grow and it is really nice to experience.

Advice to Management

Thank you Justin for taking the time out of your day to sit down with me as a fairly new employee to your company. Please continue to support the growth of your employees.

Nov 10, 2016 – President

Hi there, reviewer! Thank you for the personal note. It means a lot to us that you have already learned so much with us. We are excited to continue to aid in your leadership and career development... More

"Awesome Team Enviroment"

Pros

The owner of the company took all of the assistant managers, managing partners, and administrators to a trip to Las Vegas. They also are taking us to the Eastern State Penitentiary in philadelphia as a team building trip to go on the haunted trails. The management teams runs bonuses all the time for all of us and it is awesome that our hard never goes unnoticed.

Cons

They have a motto and it is work hard and play hard. so if you are not wanting to work hard then this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep taking care of you guys and respecting the hard work that we put in. Thank you for showing you care!

Nov 10, 2016 – President

Hey there, reviewer! Thank you for all the positive feedback. We are adamant about providing travel opportunities and rewarding careers! Thanks again, STC Direct Philly Management Team