SailPoint Technologies Reviews

4.7
SailPoint Technologies CEO & Founder Mark McClain
Mark McClain
Pros
Cons
  • "There is no 401k match which was hard to swallow coming on board but hopefully that will be addressed soon(in 25 reviews)

• "The only con I can think of are for people that can't work remote and are outside of the Austin area(in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent team atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team trainings, outings, and friendly competitions. Very collaborative environment. No micromanaging, just an open door policy for everyone (upper management included).

Cons

Like any sales job, expect rejection. However, it is up to you on how you want to handle that rejection. On to the next one, or let it bug for 1 too many minutes. This is the same at most organizations so nothing out of the ordinary here.

SailPoint Technologies2019-10-09
  2. "Benefits"

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at SailPoint Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy culture , cool working culture

Cons

Sometimes things were not managed

SailPoint Technologies2020-03-14
  3. "Genuinely great company to work for"

Current Employee - Sec Reporting Accountant in Austin, TX

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Competitive pay -Good insurance -ESPP -Smart but humble people -Charity events & involvement -High performance expectations but relaxed atmosphere -Flexible PTO policy -Team outings & events, great culture -CEO is well-liked -Snacks, cold brew, beer/cider/wine, sparkling water, etc.

Cons

Location - it's a little bit of a drive for anyone south of the river.

SailPoint Technologies2020-02-27
  4. "Good pay, good company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

They invest heavily into their employees

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment

SailPoint Technologies2020-03-03

"Best place to work in Austin"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Caring CEO, Mature adults, Fooda lunches 50% paid, Beautiful building and location, Great culture, Stock options

Cons

No 401K match, Snack selection limited to candy or paid snacks

SailPoint Technologies2019-12-09

"Great Culture, Great People, Great Products"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Columbus, OH

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What makes SailPoint such a great place to work is the culture. And it starts from the top with Mark. His infectious personality radiates down and makes working here so amazing. This is what has helped SailPoint attract and retain some of the best and brightest people in the industry who help deliver the most innovative solutions in the market. Another pro is that we work with the best customers around the globe who help push us to deliver new and innovative features that produce measurable results and value for our customers.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any.

SailPoint Technologies2019-09-04
  7. "Great overall place to work and start a career."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at SailPoint Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Still has lots of potential to grow if the company can continue to execute - Best in class products - One of the best senior management teams around - Careful and diligent hiring process, which results in not only intelligent, but also friendly and easy to work with colleagues who treat people well

Cons

- Room to improve in the ability to work cross-functionally. The company historically got away with working in silos - Room for process improvement in different areas of the business

SailPoint Technologies2019-09-05
  8. "Never a Dull Moment"

Current Employee - Engineering in Austin, TX

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are a bunch of super smart people at SailPoint, so there is always something to learn. Everyone is still incented by corporate success over team success, so it is easy to get people rowing in the same direction. The new building is amazing. It's great to have all Austin employees colocated again.

Cons

In a large company, keeping everyone satisfied all the time is practically impossible. What worked yesterday probably won't work tomorrow, so it is important to keep focusing on improvement and change in everything we do.

SailPoint Technologies2019-07-19

"Integrity and innovation along with caring and fun culture"

Current Employee - Partner Success Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is growing by leaps and bounds which provides areas of growth and opportunity. This in turn requires employees and teams to create innovative ways to ensure we continue to scale! The culture is still focused on providing thoughtful, caring and FUN events across the globe.

Cons

With growth there is always road bumps.

SailPoint Technologies2019-07-15
  10. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

People: everyone is very helpful, of the highest ethics, and a great work / play balance Family friendly: flexibility in schedule Superior Products

Cons

The only con I can think of are for people that can't work remote and are outside of the Austin area. Remote work isn't for everyone. If you have the discipline, it is the way to go and SailPoint embraces it.

SailPoint Technologies2019-07-18