SailPoint Technologies 108 Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

4.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • Maintaining a proper work/life balance here is very realistic (in 13 reviews)

• Mark and Kevin are by far two of the best people to work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits are below average (no 401k, expensive health ins (in 7 reviews)

• Like most fast growing companies, office space is an on and off problem (in 7 reviews)

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong culture and values. People tend to have a positive, can-do type of attitude. People care about their work, support each other, and enjoy seeing each other succeed. I can honestly say I enjoy coming into work every day.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything that I'd consider a con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place is such a great place to work. Sailpoint has a start-up feel to the way it does business and treats it's employees. Both of which are top notch. The entire company shares in triumphs and challenges alike. There is a constant air of brotherhood/comradery with most tasks in a day to day job. If able, your team mates will help out however they can to help you succeed. People work hard, but like to let go and have fun as well. Sailpoint always seems to find a way to make every employee feel needed and valued. Upper management keeps us all informed on what is going on with the business and what we can do to help out. My choice to accept a position here has been among the best choices of my career. I highly recommend this company.

Catered lunches once a week, and catered breakfast once a week, These are always welcome.

Cons

This is going to sound cliche, but I really can't think of a con to the company right now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I appreciate the opportunity to be involved in such a great company.

3. "Great Product, Great Culture, Excellent Senior Management"

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture - I have 30 years working high tech start up or small high growth firms, primarily in Austin, Texas. Over this time, and counting the times my company has been acquired, I've worked at 12 different companies. I find SailPoint's culture to be one of the top two. Employees are cooperative and engaged. The senior management sets the table with an easy communication style.

Cons

Frankly, I don't have any Con's to list.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what has gotten you to this point.

5. "They Walk the Talk"

Current Employee - Operations in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Operations in Austin, TX

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment here is truly refreshing. A wonderful and talented group of people to work with! No matter someone's title, everyone has a place at the table and is encouraged to share their ideas. They work hard and have fun doing it.

Cons

No cons in my book - this is just what I was looking for!

Advice to Management

Awesome job creating the culture here! Keep it up as we scale.

6. "Amazing work experience"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Agility, very friendly co-workers who are at hands reach when needed. Awesome work model which imbibes the sense of responsibility in everyone to reach the company's goals.

Cons

Still yet to find out.

Advice to Management

I deeply appreciate the management for coming up with such an incredible work model. Everyone feels that they have a stake in the company's well being without any kind of pressures whatsoever.

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time

Pros

Flexible schedules, positive attitudes, team work, employee perks, close to home, snacks and drinks provided

Cons

The only thing that I have ever had an issue with is the new hire on boarding process. It could use some work. There was a lot of confusion when I started but it eventually got rectified.

Advice to Management

Overall, this is a great place to work and I am very lucky to have my position. The only thing to maybe take a second look at is the on boarding process.

8. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have enjoyed my time at SailPoint. It seems like everyone looks out for each other and there isn't any negative workplace drama. Mark and Kevin are both down to earth and easy to talk to. The company is growing very quickly and there is a lot of room for advancement.

Cons

Potential big changes up ahead with IPO consideration.

I got lost in Mark McClain's eyes once and it took an entire day to snap out of it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Allow employees on the lower end to have chances to grow and develop!

9. "SailPoint has a "big picture" view of employees."

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company puts a lot of stock in empowering its employees and helping them define and achieve their career goals. They also are fond of saying they treat everyone as adults, meaning that results and not activity are valued. As long as you are on top of your responsibilities no one will question your work schedule or how often you work from home.

Vacation is technically unlimited but I think most people use around 2 wks. The environment is very supportive. Everyone I've met here is very genuine, no one is acting a role out and there is very little ego here.

There are lots of employee social groups geared toward everything from running to philanthropy to board games. If your into something there is probably a group for it or you can of course create it.

This company is full of people who like to be good at what they do so the bar is high but again in my experience the atmosphere is very supportive and I genuinely like everyone I work with.

Sure, there are beer fridges, free sodas, sparkling waters and snacks but lots of tech companies have those, what sets SailPoint apart, and why I count myself fortunate to work here, is because of the people and the supportive atmosphere and more so because it seems that the conditions for this atmosphere and the retention of quality people is intentional at an upper management and management level.

Cons

The Austin Office is itself out in Northwest Austin in Fourpoints. This is of course only a "con" depending on where you live but I would love to see the office closer to Loop 360 and Austin proper.

10. "A breath of fresh air!"

Current Employee - Director in Lindon, UT
    Current Employee - Director in Lindon, UT

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked at many small and large enterprise tech companies. Working at SailPoint has been such a breath of fresh air. I get to work with people who are not only smart and passionate, but value the meaning of being a team....from exec mgt to individual contributors (btw those are just roles here...not status). One of the biggest aspects I love about this company is that their words and actions are in alignment and our focus on ensuring each customer is successful is always top of mind to all, regardless of what role we have.

Cons

None that I have found so far!

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job leading us! Thank you!!

11. "Could not be happier with my decision to join"

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Folks genuinely enjoy working here. The engineering culture is evolving and the teams are invested in the change. Employees are empowered. The core values are reinforced and supported from the top-down.

Cons

There is a sizable product legacy, so the learning curve is steep. (But, everyone is very helpful and understanding.)