Cover image for SailPoint Technologies

Sales Engineers

a month ago

works at

Deloitte

I currently work in the IAM space specifically with SailPoint and have been in this space for about 7 years now. Recently, I have been thinking of switching to a Sales Engineer role within IAM space as I think it would be a good transition. I wanted to see if there’s anyone out there that has already made this switch and if they liked it? Also, i am not really a developer but know the product fairly well from a technical perspective, so is coding a requirement?

2 Comments

Tech

2800.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - /Community/technology

Got a burning question about SailPoint Technologies? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with SailPoint Technologies employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl™ on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of SailPoint Technologies and is not affected by filters.

Oct 19, 2023
      Sales Executive
      Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome culture Industry leading solutions Great leadership Excellent compensation Outstanding people

Cons

I have no cons to share

Love to hear it! Thanks for your feedback. We're glad you're along for the ride!

Sep 15, 2023
        IT/Devops Manager
        Business Outlook

Pros

Culture was great (new direction will take some getting used to). Benefits is still great People are awesome Company is always trying to build better, tech, process, stability

Cons

This is a medium sized company trying to find it's way to enterprise scale. There are process and technology changes that need to happen to make this a reality. Im not sure if the senior leaders see it and can make it happen. There is a lot fo pushing off responsbility.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We couldn't agree more that our people are awesome! We're excited about the opportunity ahead of us as we continue to grow and are glad to have you onboard.

2. Join the SailPoint Technologies team
        See Our Latest Jobs
        1. 1.0
          Oct 25, 2023
          Relationship Manager
          Current Employee, more than 1 year
          Business Outlook

Pros

Very collaborative environment. Great people for the most part. Previously fantastic culture but now quickly going downhill.

Cons

The buyout changed everything. Layoffs, layoffs, layoffs…. Everyone is constantly looking over their shoulder and wondering if they’re going to be included on the next round of layoffs. CEO has lost focus on his people. So sad…..

Hi there, we’re sorry to hear you feel this way. Our commitment to our Four I Core Values (one of those being, “valuing individuals”) has not changed. Our people remain a top priority, and we're committed to working together to ensure our crew members' and customers' success. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or your HR team with any of these concerns to discuss further and create a more positive experience for you here at SailPoint.

Oct 11, 2023
            Solutions Consultant
            Current Employee, more than 1 year
            Des Moines, IA
            Business Outlook

Pros

The entire organization is here to help at anytime which is amazing. The products are always pushing the innovation envelope so that keeps you always in the learning mode.

Cons

Wish there was more time in the day to stay up on all the changes.

So glad to hear you're having a positive experience at SailPoint! Thanks for sharing your feedback.

1. 4.0
              Oct 20, 2023
              Enterprise Account Executive
              San Francisco, CA
              Business Outlook

Pros

good product, leading the space

Cons

long sales cycle, no stock options/ESPP/Etc

Thanks for sharing your feedback. While selling comprehensive solutions to highly complex challenges takes time, our compensation and benefits program is designed to accommodate our sales cycle and is competitive within the industry.

Mar 28, 2023
                Anonymous
                Current Employee, more than 8 years
                Business Outlook

Pros

I feel lucky to have dropped into this place. The people, the product, the market, and the timing of it all. These rarely all come together. We have such a huge opportunity in front of us. I love working here. I stay for the people, the career growth, the constant learning, and being a part of a fast-growth company impacting a hot market. I was one of the earlier employees who lived under Venture Capital, Thoma Bravo, Publicly traded, and now back to Thoma Bravo. All of those phases have different strengths and challenges which have been such opportunity and education. I appreciate we have maintained our values while also scaling. Mark McClain has been able to bring in a leadership team for our next phase that shares our values while bringing vision, passion, and ability to execute at scale. Scale is challenging and involves constant change, so it's not for everyone. If scale were easy, every company would succeed in doing it. I'm looking forward to what opportunities become available as we continue to grow and lead the Identity Security space.

Cons

Executing at scale is demanding and challenging. That breeds the kind of problems that are fun to solve, but if you aren't up for the challenge, this isn't the place for you.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re glad you’re along for the ride!

1. 2.0
                  Mar 31, 2023
                  Former Employee
                  Business Outlook

Pros

Once-great culture of mutual respect and a feeling of being personally involved in the broader strategy.

Cons

In the month leading up to being laid off, I had a very difficult time getting any attention from my manager. I try my best not to "take my work home with me," but this was distressing. That feeling compounded with every step since separation. From returning my work hardware to getting reimbursed on my last expense reports, I was made to feel like I was a nuisance to them the whole time. Colleagues who I once saw socially with some regularity have been completely silent, a phenomenon I haven't experienced at any company I've been through layoffs with before. They've been contacting former employees about corrected W2s, and the messaging has been sloppy, contradictory, and bordering on antagonistic. It's difficult to see the camaraderie completely hollowed out. It's like the company has been sold for parts.

We're sorry to hear you don't feel your experience lived up to your expectation. Our team works hard to support those who have dedicated their time to SailPoint, and we'll use your feedback to continue improving our communications with current and former crew members.

Oct 5, 2023
                    Senior Manager
                    Current Employee
                    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO Remote working Great Management

Cons

- Only 3% 401k match

Thanks for leaving a review! We appreciate your feedback. We regularly review our benefits to make sure we're serving our crew in the best ways possible.

1. 3.0
                      Jul 12, 2023
                      Senior UI Developer
                      Business Outlook

Pros

People are really great, no jerks on my team. Good WLB. Transparency and retention plans were going well before they went private

Cons

After the acquisition, layoffs galore, bonuses withheld, no more stock plans, sad merit / CoL raises on top of a shady pattern of decisions that blindside IC's and managers alike coming from the way top

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re in an exciting period of growth and transformation, but we understand that can come with some changes. That said, we’ll always remain committed to our Core Values and being as transparent with our crew as possible about decisions that impact the business.

1. 3.0
                        Feb 22, 2023
                        Revenue Ops
                        Former Employee
                        Business Outlook

Pros

-Depending in the org and role you're in, the pay is decent -Co-workers are great, creative, and driven -I didn't experience any micromanagement -free snacks and catered lunch most days of the week were great -flex office policy

Cons

-Pulled a bait and switch by telling employees that the Thoma Bravo acquisition wouldn't result in any layoffs but that was clearly not true -Started laying off employees immediately after the Sales Kickoff without warning or a heads up -There weren't many career growth opportunities within Rev Ops -No resources to invest in professional development either

We’re sorry to hear your experience didn’t live up to what we strive to create for our crew at SailPoint. Our culture is one of the many things that makes SailPoint great, and we regret that it didn’t meet your expectations. From the top down, the key to our business at SailPoint is our commitment to not only our customers, but to our employees. We’re always looking for ways to ensure our crew members have access to growth and development opportunities and will continue to make professional development a top priority.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 406 Reviews
                      </>Embed

SailPoint Technologies Reviews FAQs

SailPoint Technologies has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 723 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at SailPoint Technologies to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SailPoint Technologies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SailPoint Technologies. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

84% of SailPoint Technologies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SailPoint Technologies 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SailPoint Technologies to be career development, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with SailPoint Technologies Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

UX Designer and Software Engineer

Is it normal that after the pre-interview with HR, and after he mentioned I would have the first interview with manager xx, he just disappeared? I sent an email and called the office a week later but no answers from him. Is this the way KPMG recruit people? He also contacted me two months later from the day I applied.

2 Comments

Software Engineer

I've been on the job market for the past 4 months, facing challenges with securing interviews. I'm contemplating enrolling in Career Elevator (www.mycareerelevator.com) to refine my interview skills. Additionally, I'm intrigued by ApplyAll.com, a tool for automating job applications. Has anyone used either program to enhance their job search? I'm eager to learn more and would greatly appreciate any advice or insights you might have! Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Comments

Manager

Confused. Currently working for a mid sized firm with big clients but have been offered a role through my network for a relatively small startup but a with higher designation / lead role & similar salary to my existing pay. The new role is more strategy + lead but non technical while my current role is managerial level but more technical. If in my position, would you stay in your current role or take the new one?? Happy to answer follow up questions. Thank you.

3 Comments

Glassdoor has 723 SailPoint Technologies reviews submitted anonymously by SailPoint Technologies employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if SailPoint Technologies is right for you.