SailPoint Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
SailPoint Technologies CEO & Founder Mark McClain
Mark McClain

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance is off the hook (in 19 reviews)

• Enjoying my time here, especially as we are a growing company that is being successful in the Marketplace (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • I wish they had 401k matching but I believe both of those two things are temporary (in 12 reviews)

• No 401k matching yet but they launching soon (in 11 reviews)

"Equally challenged and happy!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company atmosphere with amazingly supportive leadership. Everyone works their absolute tails off, and the progress and development shows. Execs lead by example and are supportive of new ideas and branching out to try new tasks and roles.

Cons

If you're used to working for a much larger company, then the lack of processes in some departments will likely be frustrating. There are often unanswered questions for "How do I do X", but the upside is that, if you have time, you can be the one to figure it out.

Advice to Management

Keep leading by example. Actions speak louder than words.

"The leading edge of companies to work for"

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Fortune 50 as well as small companies and it's refreshing to see that a company can bring together the positives of both. You're surrounded by highly talented people with a drive to get the job done, but also equally care about how they get there. Every department runs like a mature business, but as a fast growing company there is also opportunity to implement your ideas and make a difference. To bring everything together you see a constant effort to ensure a healthy work-life balance and to foster an environment that you look forward to being a part of everyday.

Cons

The lack of 401k matching may be a downside on it's own, but don't let it blind you to the greater sum of the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep an open forum to new ideas and empower employees to help drive the success of the company. Take a look at including a 401k match in the future.

3. "Architected for Growth"

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time

Pros

SailPoint is uniquely different, and in a very good way. Yes, the company has market leading products; yes, the company has domain expertise in Identity Governance that is unparalleled; yes, the company has customer satisfaction that is unheard of in its respective market space. And all of these standards can be distilled down into one simple thing, and that is caring. The company cares, and it cares about its employees first and foremost. That caring creates a culture that natively drives employees to do their best work while also creating an environment that allows one to use their strengths. This translates into the development of great products, services, and customer support.

Cons

The company continues to grow, which inevitably creates additional levels of separation between employees and leadership. The caring culture will endure but it does require middle management to cultivate that same level of compassion that the leadership team personifies day in, and day out.

What SailPoint does is not easy. The products and solutions that SailPoint brings to market are sophisticated and therefore it requires commitment from sellers, marketers, product developers, and more to work together to continue to shape the market and drive growth. When challenges arise, embrace the caring culture and ask for help, SailPoint will quickly crowd source, swarm, and provide unwavering support.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and continue the caring.

4. "Desktop Support Specialist"

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies part-time

Pros

Friendly people, great environment, good management

Cons

A little disorganized with such fast growth

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. "Sales Engineer"

Pros

Excellent Executive Management with personalized touch

Cons

There really are no cons

6. "Could not ask for a better company to work for!"

Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is incredible. Everyone wants to help you succeed, and you get all the help and resources you need. There is so much room for growth and career development. Benefits are great! Catered lunch, snacks, and drinks in the office as well.

Cons

Can't think of one! Sailpoint is the best!

7. "Best company of my 20+year career"

Current Employee - Partner Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Partner Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Integrity is #1 - everyone treats each other as they would like to be treated (okay you can't have everyone, but 99%). This come from the top down - it is our culture.

The company is growing and there are opportunities to move around in the company.

Cons

The company is growing so there are growing pains, but the company does a great job of prioritizing and focusing on what is important.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

8. "Best company I've ever worked for. It's full of happy and productive people."

Current Employee - Office Administrator
    Current Employee - Office Administrator

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time

Pros

At this company, you are valued, no matter what position you hold. The leaders are wicked smart, intuitive, and kind. All employees have opportunities to grow professionally as well. Everyone is treated as an adult and also showered with perks such as free lunches, snacks, and beverages. Pay is great, benefits are great, but the mutual respect shown here is invaluable.

Cons

There are no cons I can think of. Seriously, this is a fantastic place to work. 401k matching would be nice, but that's probably in the works.

Advice to Management

I think these leaders have it figured out. No advice needed! They have created a company full of motivated workers.

9. "Good place to work"

I worked at SailPoint Technologies full-time

Pros

Intelligent group who knows how to be productive and have fun simutaneously

Cons

They could train the employees better

"High performance culture focused on enjoying where you work"

I have been working at SailPoint Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy working with smart people that are genuinely interested in the work that the company is doing then you will love it here. Management spends a good deal of time vetting candidates before hiring and then treats them well once on board. Fairness, flexiblity in schedule, lots of food, fridge with A+ quality beers, no formal dress code, and a general sense of fun are some of the intangible benefits.

Cons

No 401k contribution, company is growing quickly so if you are the type that wants to do things 'by the book' you will find that no such book exists. I personally consider this a plus as I enjoy building things, but see how this may not be ideal for some.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The high caliber of talent, lunch and breakfast meals, regular informal happy hours, and open nature of the executive team are strengths that make SailPoint a place that people want to stay. Don't let go of these things. Oh and start some level of a 401k match. This is pretty standard for most companies and was something that almost kept me away from SailPoint (but glad it ultimately didn't).