Sapling Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2019

4.7
Sapling CEO Andy Crebar
Andy Crebar
  1. "endless opportunities to grow professionally and personally"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sapling full-time for less than a year

Pros

A fantastic group of passionate and driven individuals that strive to ensure all team members feel valued, heard, and appreciated. With endless room to grow and develop, Sapling has been a vital part of my sales career thus far (moving up the ranks from SDR to AE in just a few short months).

Cons

At times, it can get a bit hectic with all of the changes so you need to be able to adapt quickly at any given time. However, having incredible leadership and outstanding co-workers going through those changes with you makes it substantially less rocky.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people and building on the amazing culture

Sapling2019-11-01
  2. "Great culture in a fast growing start-up"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sapling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing people! Sapling has a diverse group of employees across its global offices. Everyone is very smart, nice, driven and likes to have fun. It's an extremely supportive environment which was created by the founders and is seen throughout all departments / locations of the organization. We have 4 core values that everyone lives by 1) customers first 2) seek perpetual growth 3) be the change you seek and 4)... uplift your team. Its amazing to see everyone globally at Sapling live up to those values. Also there is a strong culture for recognition and promotion. Since I've started I've seen multiple people get promoted within customer success, sales, and other teams.

Cons

It's a fast paced startup so lots of moving pieces at any given time. We run super fast on daily basis which could be overwhelming but its also very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people, and culture as the company grows.

Sapling2019-10-23
  3. "Customer Success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sapling full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are looking to challenge yourself, really grow as a professional and have access to continued development, then this is the place for you. In addition, you will work with amazing coworkers, who genuinely care about your success and always uplift you. Sapling allows for the following: -Access to leaders from different backgrounds and the ability to learn from them -Ability to technically develop your... skill set through a learning stipend and having leadership, indlucing CEO, empower you with knowledge and tools that can automate your daily work -Great team culture: Ability to work hard together, but also have a work/life balance. -Ability to seek out opportunities and venture into other departments to identify what your end goal career path is.

Cons

-It's not easy work, sometimes you work long hours, but it's an investment in yourself and work. -You play multiple hats and sometimes you can questions, what is your actual role but this comes with the territory of working at a startup. But this is not always a con as it translates into learn new skills from all the different jobs you are tackling.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. People value three things: Transparency, opportunities, and a great culture. This is something that trickles from the top of leadership and everyone can agree Sapling offers all three.

Sapling2019-10-28
  4. "Sapling really cares for you"

Former Employee - QA Lead in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sapling full-time for more than a year

Pros

1- Respect 2- Fun activities 3- Occasionally lunch 4- Listen to your points 5- Allow remote work

Cons

None of that i could find

Advice to Management

nothing

Sapling2019-09-13
  5. "Best Culture Around"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sapling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best company culture around, having worked for a few companies before, nothing comes close to the culture and product they are building at Sapling. Not only are my opinions valued, but the leadership team cares about each individual employee, even going out of their way to ensure concerns are addressed, and your career aspirations are taken into account.

Cons

none I can think of

Advice to Management

Great work on providing a hard-working and transparent environment for us here at Sapling.

Sapling2019-07-12
  6. "Uplifting work environment"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sapling full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is alot of transparency in the company, and between departments and leaders. Great company culture and open work environment Good perks

Cons

Fast growing start-up so things can change frequently which can be tough to adapt to

Advice to Management

Updating team members when protocols have switched Keep consistency among leadership positions

Sapling2018-10-26
  7. "Hungry to learn fast growing team"

I have been working at Sapling full-time

Pros

Sapling is a company with strong leadership, a transparent vision, and most of all an A+ team.

Cons

It's a start up so things can change quickly and you have to be flexible.

Advice to Management

Great job, letting the team know about the direction of the company. I hope that won't change as we get bigger.

Sapling2018-07-02
  8. "Exciting Fast Growing Start-Up"

Current Employee - Director Demand Gen in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sapling full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great product with a clear mission (to reduce the work of HR personnel & improve the employee experience. -Enthusiastic employees (and it starts & trickles down from the company's founders) -Dedicated and uplifting staff (we not only want the company to succeed but each other as well -Great office and location (parking is around the corner and the building is sweet) -Regular happy hours and quarterly... off-site outings

Cons

I live far away and the commute in is unpredictable.

Advice to Management

Keep on rolling!

Sapling2018-06-20
  9. "Building something very special"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sapling full-time

Pros

Incredible group of people, incredible product, incredible market opportunity. Leadership team is the sharpest I've been a part of - laser focussed on making our team and our customers very, very successful. Collaborative environment. Founders go out of their way to help employees feel heard and well supported. Feedback is taken to heart and put into action. We're scaling Sapling the right way - ... thoughtfully with a key balance of speed. Plus, new office is amazing - very unique space that we'll be fortunate to call home for the foreseeable future.

Cons

We're early stage. If you haven't done this before, it requires a certain type of hustle. Personally, it's exactly what I signed up for, but startup life isn't for everyone - something to think about if you're considering a role at Sapling now (versus 2019, beyond). Coming from a much larger company, Perks here are still maturing. I'm confident we'll add (ie 401k, catering) as the business matures and... we've earned it as a workforce.

Advice to Management

We've achieved a rare balance of speed and quality - from the way we recruit/hire to the way we ship new features. Please keep this in mind as we scale - it's a superpower. You truly go above and beyond to support your team, our cutomers and this is appreciated. As new team members come on board, as new customers join our family, please continue to do all that you can to give them a voice and set them up for... success - if we do this, sky's the limit.

Sapling2018-06-10
  10. "Excellent, passionate company with a clear vision"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sapling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Sapling has been an incredible opportunity to get to learn & grow alongside a group of insanely driven individuals. Bart & Andy go to such extreme lengths to make sure the team feels supported and set up for success, and their passion for our mission is truly infectious. Your voice is heard here no matter what level of the ladder you’re on, and transparency is held to the utmost degree of... importance. Everyone is also extremely welcoming and kind, and culture-wise there’s heaps of opportunities to bond with the entire office (happy hours, trivia nights, themed offsites, etc). Coming from a larger company previously, it’s been amazing getting to be a part of a team where your impact is tangible…as well as to feel lucky enough to get to work towards an epic dream alongside good friends. Grateful for Sapling and all its offered so far, and can’t wait to see where we go! From a sales-specific perspective: we get solid support from management (for things like top tier sales tools, training materials, etc), there is infinite opportunity to be creative/innovative with outbound techniques, and HR buyers are some of the NICEST prospects I’ve ever had the pleasure to chat with :)

Cons

Like all start ups, we're moving insanely fast. Things are changing constantly, and while the fast-paced environment is exciting, it is not without its challenges. Just keep in mind patience + flexibility are key - and support is always there if you ask for it!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring at the gold standard level you are now - as we rocket into hypergrowth, continuing to bring in the A-players is going to be crucial to ensure success.

Sapling2018-06-07