KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.8
Schellman Chief Executive Officer Avani Desai
Avani Desai

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are great and we do lot of team(in 44 reviews)
  • "Great work life balance(in 20 reviews)
  • "Comp tends to be higher for equal positions at Big 4 and/or other major consulting firms (includes quarterly bonuses)(in 18 reviews)
  • "Management is also keen on teaching moments.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Schellman & Company has a great culture and actually does care about the employees.(in 16 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Schellman and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Quickly Advance Your Career

Jan 5, 2022 - Principal in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Come ready to learn. Schellman hires the best and brightest and provides training to advance team members' skillsets. Auditors can cross train between service lines and specialties (SOC, ISO, PCI, FedRAMP, HITRUST, etc.). Team members have also been able to successfully move between service delivery and operational teams. We offer in-house training, as well as encourage and support external training and professional certifications. Team members can expect to work on 10-20 client engagements per year in various industries and employees are performing roles and have responsibilities at a level above their peer groups in other firms. You won't get this level of experience and expertise this quickly anywhere else. Whether you choose to stay in professional services for your career, or move to an internal role as a security or compliance expert, Schellman offers a place for you to learn and continuing learning to advance your career wherever you would like to go.

Cons

Not a con in my opinion, but Schellman is not a place for complacency - expectations are high and top performers work incredibly hard. The environment is fast-paced so employees have to stay sharp and continually train and improve. To combat fatigue and WLB, we are continuing to put in new benefits and policies to help employees build a better work/life balance.

2 people found this review helpful

Schellman Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy the variety of work and all that Schellman has to offer. We support a culture of inclusion and we’re always looking for ways to ensure our team members have equal access to growth and development opportunities. We are growing quickly, but strive to provide an environment where team members feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. Our team members are encouraged to provide further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Experience

Jun 23, 2022 - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teams and consistent opportunities for growth and learning

Cons

New engagement every two to thee weeks.

COO

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We agree that there are challenges in our industry, including a fast pace. While we promote a work-life balance, we also highly encourage team members to take their three-four weeks of PTO to help reset. We encourage everyone to provide their ideas or additional feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work

Jun 23, 2022 - Senior Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Treated more than a number and has a leadership team that really cares about the well being of their employees while delivering quality service

Cons

Certifications are more important than experience and skills of high performers that would otherwise be eligible for career progression at other service delivery firms

COO

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! Our culture, team members, and quality are very important to us, so we appreciate hearing about your experience. The topic of certifications and career progression is on the agenda of most of our recent leadership meetings. While we believe that certifications are one measure to exemplify experience and skill set, we recognize that the message and priority of experience and skill set has not been clear. I will take that to our leadership team to make improvements in this area. As always, feel free to provide any future ideas or further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Surprises, Challenges, and Excites

Mar 21, 2022 - Associate IT Auditor in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

A list of pros from the associate perspective (the program was recently introduced to Schellman summer of 2021 for new college graduates): - Schellman created a comprehensive training program that challenges you, but never lets you feel like you are drowning - Professionalism is new to most graduates straight out of college. Schellman goes out of their way to create an environment of collaboration and learning, nurtured by experienced senior IT auditors that help acclimate new employees not only on our methodology and job processes, but how to carry yourself as well. - Schellman spends a lot of time doing team events with the focus of learning, and simply getting to know/network with others which helps create a culture of family. - With the benefits (401k match, five weeks PTO, full insurance coverage, work from home allowance, etc.) and culture, I do feel blessed to have landed in this company to start my career

Cons

Some cons specifically pertaining to the associate program experience: - No relocation benefits that would help newly graduated employees find housing prior to job start - During some months, you can be spread thin between multiple projects, and if you are new to the industry it may be extremely difficult to grasp the differences in the information systems you're auditing between projects

3 people found this review helpful

COO

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience, and all the benefits that you enjoy. We also appreciate the compliments regarding our first annual associate program. This is great feedback as we knew there would be opportunities for improvement. Our leadership team will discuss this feedback as well as improvements that we can implement. As always, feel free to provide any future ideas or further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

5. 5.0

Hypergrowth Opportunity

Feb 2, 2022 - Service Delivery Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team - Amazing team of security and compliance professionals, you'll never find a more concentrated group of experts in the industry. Culture - Very team oriented, collaborative, and supportive group across the board. Very open doors including sessions where assessors can ask questions directly to the CEO and executive leadership. Clients - Top tier clients from leading cloud service providers to startups that are always exciting to work for. Growth - 25%+ growth in the past few years has allowed for more hiring. Additionally, the Lightyear partnership has allowed Schellman to acquire its first firm ever. Exciting times for growth.

Cons

Hypergrowth does not come without growing pains. Schellman is challenged to attract more talented professionals to support its sales growth. This often causes short term staffing pain on projects and assessors often site longer work weeks in these cases. Additionally, getting to 350+ people requires Schellman to be more HR and finance process bound which doesn't sit well especially with team members who remember when it was less than 50.

Schellman Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience, and all the benefits that you enjoy. We also appreciate your honest feedback on the growing pains as well as focus areas for leadership. We are growing quickly, which creates a challenge but maintaining our culture is a top priority. We will take this feedback to our teams to improve upon ways team members can interact more with each other. As always, please feel free to provide other ideas or further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work hard and you get paid well

Apr 19, 2022 - Senior Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Schellman pays very well at a base salary level. At Schellman you determine your salary their are many opportunities to boost your salary through the quarterly bonus whether it is blog posts, recruiting, and promotion (service lines promote from within) and that's just the ones I know about. They invest in their people from a pay perspective.

Cons

None that I have gleaned as of yet.

1 person found this review helpful

COO

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We appreciate the compliments and enjoy hearing about your personal experience. As always, feel free to provide any future ideas or further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

NOT Too Good to be True!

Mar 18, 2022 - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I was recruited to Schellman a few years ago, I kept hearing things that seemed too good to be true. My experience since coming onboard has lived up to the hype--and then some. Leadership is sincerely involved and interested in day-to-day operations and cares about people at the staff and senior levels. The work is interesting, challenging (but not too much so), and varied. Benefits--including a 10% 401(k) match--are unparalleled in the industry and keep getting better. If you're tired of the Big Four grind, Schellman is truly outstanding.

Cons

As with other information security services firms (including the Big Four), hours can sometimes be long (although never as long as I've worked during previous Big Four stints) and clients challenging. At the end of the day, however, the pros of working at Schellman definitely outweigh the cons.

COO

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and all the benefits that you enjoy. We do care very deeply for our employees and want our team members to enjoy their day-to-day at Schellman, while maintaining a work-life balance. We encourage everyone to reach out to executives or provide further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Company to Work for!

May 26, 2022 - Graphic Designer in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent 401k match Great work life balance Remote-based positions No cost medical & dental benefits Quarterly bonuses 5 weeks+ PTO

Cons

None that I can think of

COO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate hearing about all the benefits you enjoy! As always, feel free to provide any future ideas or further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

9. 5.0

A True Team Mentality

Dec 3, 2021 - Principal in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many to mention like the culture, benefits, work/life balance, diversity programs, career growth, etc., but the #1 pro for me is always the PEOPLE. For over 15 years, I have worked alongside some of the sharpest, brightest, most diligent, and most caring professionals in the compliance audit industry. We find people that deeply care about our quality and the individuals working together to achieve that level of quality. We challenge individuals to grow and learn to become renowned experts then provide them with the training opportunities to do so, and many step up to meet and exceed those expectations. Like every organization, we have a positional hierarchy structure, but I have never felt like anyone works "for" anyone here at Schellman. Everyone works "with" everyone to succeed together.

Cons

No place is perfect, and we endure our share of growing pains. Most of which are related to keeping up with demand for our services, especially when our employees are coveted by our clients. The con with having so many amazing people in the firm is that clients recognize those talent levels and want to bring our team members in-house to their own organizations.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best place to work!

Feb 6, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unparalleled benefits: - 3 weeks of PTO (4 after 5 years of service), 2 week shut down end of the year - quarterly bonuses - monthly tech reimbursement - annual company trip for employee and a +1 - travel bonuses, per diem, no travel on Sunday/Friday or you get a $500 bonus - fully paid for insurance for employee - 10% 401k match - tuition reimbursement and company paid certifications - gifts over the holidays - $500 reimbursement for tax preparation Amazing leadership. You are heard and have direct access to submit feedback to CEO, COO, and leadership. Company growing fast and with that comes many exciting opportunities. If you’re excited about something/a service line/opportunity, you can pave your own path! You work with the sharpest minds in this field.

Cons

Not a lot I can think of besides the manager workload is considerable and it can sometimes be a challenge to keep up. All worth it considering how great Schellman is.

1 person found this review helpful

Schellman Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and all the benefits that you enjoy. I also appreciate your honest feedback on the manager workload. This is an area the executive team has discussed, and we received some great ideas from the managers on ways we can improve in this area. We have started to address these and have several projects this year that will streamline and automate the workflow. This will allow us to reduce the manual burden that adds to the workload. As always, please feel free to provide other ideas or further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 200 Reviews

Schellman Reviews FAQs

Schellman has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 202 reviews left anonymously by employees. 97% of employees would recommend working at Schellman to a friend and 97% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Schellman employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Schellman. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

97% of Schellman employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Schellman 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Schellman to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance .

Popular Careers with Schellman Job Seekers