Schellman Reviews

4.8
Schellman Chief Executive Officer Avani Desai
Avani Desai

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are great and we do lot of team(in 44 reviews)
  • "Comp tends to be higher for equal positions at Big 4 and/or other major consulting firms (includes quarterly bonuses)(in 22 reviews)
  • "Great work life balance(in 20 reviews)
  • "Management is also keen on teaching moments.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Schellman & Company has a great culture and actually does care about the employees.(in 16 reviews)
Cons
  • "With a remote team, you miss out on some of the personal interaction with other team members.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Schellman and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Quickly Advance Your Career

Jan 5, 2022 - Principal in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Come ready to learn. Schellman hires the best and brightest and provides training to advance team members' skillsets. Auditors can cross train between service lines and specialties (SOC, ISO, PCI, FedRAMP, HITRUST, etc.). Team members have also been able to successfully move between service delivery and operational teams. We offer in-house training, as well as encourage and support external training and professional certifications. Team members can expect to work on 10-20 client engagements per year in various industries and employees are performing roles and have responsibilities at a level above their peer groups in other firms. You won't get this level of experience and expertise this quickly anywhere else. Whether you choose to stay in professional services for your career, or move to an internal role as a security or compliance expert, Schellman offers a place for you to learn and continuing learning to advance your career wherever you would like to go.

Cons

Not a con in my opinion, but Schellman is not a place for complacency - expectations are high and top performers work incredibly hard. The environment is fast-paced so employees have to stay sharp and continually train and improve. To combat fatigue and WLB, we are continuing to put in new benefits and policies to help employees build a better work/life balance.

Schellman Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy the variety of work and all that Schellman has to offer. We support a culture of inclusion and we’re always looking for ways to ensure our team members have equal access to growth and development opportunities. We are growing quickly, but strive to provide an environment where team members feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. Our team members are encouraged to provide further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Company to Work for!

May 26, 2022 - Graphic Designer in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent 401k match Great work life balance Remote-based positions No cost medical & dental benefits Quarterly bonuses 5 weeks+ PTO

Cons

None that I can think of

3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Benefits are great, team camaraderie needs work

May 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

100% paid insurance for employee, 80-90% paid for dependents

Cons

Team camaraderie, takes a while to accrue more than 15 days of PTO, comp is not competitive

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Wonderful Company with a Caring Leadership Team

Apr 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a great company. The leadership team is highly ethical and genuinely care about their employees.

Cons

Just typical growing pains of a growing organization. Nothing worth pinpointing.

COO

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience. We are growing quickly, which creates a challenge but maintaining our culture is a top priority. As always, feel free to provide any future ideas or further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work hard and you get paid well

Apr 19, 2022 - Senior Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Schellman pays very well at a base salary level. At Schellman you determine your salary their are many opportunities to boost your salary through the quarterly bonus whether it is blog posts, recruiting, and promotion (service lines promote from within) and that's just the ones I know about. They invest in their people from a pay perspective.

Cons

None that I have gleaned as of yet.

1 person found this review helpful

COO

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We appreciate the compliments and enjoy hearing about your personal experience. As always, feel free to provide any future ideas or further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

6. 5.0

Surprises, Challenges, and Excites

Mar 21, 2022 - Associate IT Auditor in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

A list of pros from the associate perspective (the program was recently introduced to Schellman summer of 2021 for new college graduates): - Schellman created a comprehensive training program that challenges you, but never lets you feel like you are drowning - Professionalism is new to most graduates straight out of college. Schellman goes out of their way to create an environment of collaboration and learning, nurtured by experienced senior IT auditors that help acclimate new employees not only on our methodology and job processes, but how to carry yourself as well. - Schellman spends a lot of time doing team events with the focus of learning, and simply getting to know/network with others which helps create a culture of family. - With the benefits (401k match, five weeks PTO, full insurance coverage, work from home allowance, etc.) and culture, I do feel blessed to have landed in this company to start my career

Cons

Some cons specifically pertaining to the associate program experience: - No relocation benefits that would help newly graduated employees find housing prior to job start - During some months, you can be spread thin between multiple projects, and if you are new to the industry it may be extremely difficult to grasp the differences in the information systems you're auditing between projects

COO

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience, and all the benefits that you enjoy. We also appreciate the compliments regarding our first annual associate program. This is great feedback as we knew there would be opportunities for improvement. Our leadership team will discuss this feedback as well as improvements that we can implement. As always, feel free to provide any future ideas or further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

7. 5.0

I'll Retire at Schellman

Mar 21, 2022 - Senior Associate in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quarterly bonuses. Great benefits. NO micro-managing. Hybrid work approach. Annual company trip. "Work Hard, Play Hard" mentality.

Cons

Not much I can mention here. If I had to name one, it would be that some locations differ when it comes to management style and culture. If you were to make a transfer to another location, the management style may be a little different. But that's as expected I think, just working with different people.

COO

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! Our culture and our team members are very important to us, so we appreciate hearing about your experience. While there are some inherent differences in management style, we strive to provide consistent methodologies nationwide. We encourage everyone to provide their ideas or further feedback to executives or via e-mail to feedback@schellman.com.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Organization

Mar 27, 2022 - Senior Associate in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been here for a while now and year after year, its been amazing!

Cons

Nothing bad to share as its a great organization

COO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It’s great to hear that you enjoy working at Schellman! As always, feel free to provide any future ideas or further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

9. 5.0

A great place to work!

Mar 21, 2022 - Associate IT Auditor in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Surrounded by driven individuals who are all willing to help you perfect your craft and grow as an auditor - Amazing benefits (401K, dental, health, vision) that are unmatched by other companies - A great work life balance, almost never work over 40 hours a week

Cons

-None that I can think of, a great place to work!

1 person found this review helpful

COO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and all the benefits you enjoy. As always, feel free to provide any ideas or further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

10. 5.0

5/5 Company to Work For

Mar 21, 2022 - Senior Associate in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

-compensation -quarterly bonuses -benefits (10% 401k match, paid lasik, etc.) -culture -growth opportunities

Cons

I wish there was one to share. I have nothing!

COO

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience, and all the benefits that you enjoy. As always, feel free to provide any future ideas or further feedback to feedback@schellman.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 198 Reviews

Schellman Reviews FAQs

Schellman has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 200 reviews left anonymously by employees. 97% of employees would recommend working at Schellman to a friend and 97% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Schellman employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Schellman. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

97% of Schellman employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Schellman 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Schellman to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance .

Popular Careers with Schellman Job Seekers