ScoreBig Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Varies"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ScoreBig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    Free tickets to sports event
    Employees are friendly

Cons

Unable to find investors.
    Reconciliation of red-flagged accounts

"Not a culture of success."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ScoreBig (Less than a year)

Pros

-There is a surprising perk to working in a culture of failure: everyone misses their goals so no one is actually held accountable for underperforming.
    -Most of the employees are very nice. The free meals and start up perks were great.
    -It's over a 40 hour work week, but it's not a rigid place to work.

Cons

-The culture of failure. There is a failure to execute properly on the initiatives that have been chosen and also a failure to choose the right areas of focus.
    -Women might feel uncomfortable in the culture. There is only one woman in a senior management role. Women are openly disregarded if not disparaged.

Advice to Management

Provide more transparency about financials/funding and the success of the business.

3. "Such opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

ScoreBig's industry relationships are amazing - and they are uniquely poised to help a live events industry where 40% of tickets go unsold to actually sell those tickets - and help fans go out more while spending less. Very friendly and funny colleagues. Senior management wants to win - and nobody is above rolling up their sleeves and tackling a problem. Love team lunch day. Love free lunch Fridays. Snacks and sodas, teas, and sparkling waters always stocked. Fresh fruit. Casual environment. Very smart folks in tech and business intelligence.

Cons

They have a 401k but no matching yet. We only get off on the key holidays (Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Christmas, Memorial Day, Labor Day). The rest we have to take as PTO/Vacation. The office is a bit cramped and is lacking those modern touches that you see in a lot of Santa Monica offices (open, fresh air, zen design).

Advice to Management

People really like to hear what's going on. I know I do. So instead of those quarterly or even less frequent all hands meetings, think about moving to every other month, even if it's a 5 minute update.

4. "Fulfillment Specialist"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ScoreBig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great community, fun atmosphere and industry, highly engaged and smart leadership.

Cons

There's a risk of dilution with so many investors, but there's a much more clear path to an exit now than when I was there.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. If anything, build out the sales force more. I left because I didn't want to go that route, but it's a sensible way to go for the company.

5. "Great Company to work for!"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ScoreBig (More than 3 years)

Pros

This was the first start up company I have ever worked for and immediately they took me in and made me part of the family. Their culture is the absolute best! Everyone respects everyone else and the management strives to keep it that way. My career got it's real start with ScoreBig...and I am forever grateful.

Cons

It is super easy to gain weight...be careful. Food everywhere :o) Other than that, I would liked to have seen it become a little bit more rule and policy based. I know startups have a relaxed atmosphere but I hope they do tighten up.

Advice to Management

Just keep pushing forward and Keep giving your employees the respect that they deserve. You have a great team!

6. "Great dynamic company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ScoreBig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed my time working at ScoreBig. It was exciting to be a part of a growing business, and it was a pleasure to work with so many intelligent and dedicated people. ScoreBig treats their employees really well, and they always have the staff's best interests at heart.

They are very results-oriented, which I appreciated. They gave me the flexibility to work on my schedule in the way that I wanted, and that freedom and autonomy allowed me to produce strong results. I also felt there was a great sense of teamwork at ScoreBig, and I could count on any employee to help out on something when needed.

I learned a great deal in my time there, and ScoreBig will always hold a special place in my heart.

Cons

I see that a few people on here have accused the leadership of being disorganized. I think that's a bit overblown. As with any new business, you'll find that certain things work well and that other strategies don't. By their very nature, start-ups can change and evolve. If you're looking for consistency and you want to do the same exact thing every day, then ScoreBig probably isn't for you. But if you're like a changing business landscape, and responding to new challenges, then I think ScoreBig could be a good fit.

Advice to Management

I think ScoreBig should invest a little bit of time into building its brand.

"Great people, good starting point, with some catches"

Former Employee - Programmer in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Programmer in Hollywood, CA

I worked at ScoreBig full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This would be an excellent place to start at the entry level and get experience with a fast-paced startup environment, and to find out if the startup thing works for you.

The CEO is very inspiring and personable, he is clearly genuinely passionate about the company and its goals, and he's also the kind of guy who's fun to go out drinking with.

Most of the people are very friendly and pleasant to work with, I felt welcomed and like I was "part of the team" from my first day through my last.

The stocked kitchen was nice, and the parties were always fun, especially the ScoreBeer party, where everyone brought in their favorite craft beer, and we had a tasting event, then played beer pong with the crappy ones!

You also get 12 free event tickets per year that you can use on just about anything. I ended up getting some incredible, floor level seats to a major event that would have otherwise cost an arm, leg, and a first-born child, which was amazing to say the least.

The company is also very transparent, to the extent that there are big TVs in every corner of the office that constantly display revenue, sales, and other business statistic graphs. It was really cool to put out a new feature or test a promotion, then see the jump (or decline) in our stats for the day. That makes the whole team really feel like they have a direct impact on the business.

Cons

The compensation was... not great. To put it in perspective, after I left here, my next position doing the same kind of work, and working fewer hours (i.e. a normal 40-hour work week) was at a 60% higher salary. The options, especially if you're just joining now, or recently, are incredibly small, and will be nearly worthless, even in a best case scenario exit event.

Sometimes the workload seemed overwhelming for no particular reason. There were sudden changes in direction coming from senior management that would require weeks of grinding out hard work and extra hours, just to have it go to waste when someone else changed their mind about the original plan.

There are a few people there who have wedged themselves into their position and refuse to let go, therefore stifling innovation and advancement potential for those "below" them. I've spoken with some people since leaving and they say it's getting better, though, so that may have changed.

Advice to Management

Provide a clearer path for advancement, and specific goals to meet that can result in increased compensation for high performers.

"Good Opportunity, Chaotic Management"

Former Employee - Programmer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Programmer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ScoreBig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool work atmosphere. Good people. They put a lot of effort in to making the place fun with events and parties, etc.
    Opportunity to grow and be exposed to lots of new technology if you are motivated. The CEO really cares about the business and is charismatic and personable.

Cons

Low to average pay.
    Marginal benefits.
    Disorganized, conflicting management directives that change on a moment's notice may render a lot of your hard work worthless.
    Crazy work hours are the norm and expected of everyone, even though you only have a 0.0005% equity stake (unless you're a founder or executive perhaps).
    Lack of technical resources (programmers, etc), mostly due to the unrealistic deadlines and top-down, opaque management style.

Advice to Management

Emulate famous successful startups in management style and resource allocation. Ticketing is often a scummy business but doesn't have to be and ScoreBig should be a disrupter. Shed the dead weight that are just waiting for an exit event.

"A learning experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ScoreBig full-time

Pros

Cool offices. Great people. Ticket discounts.

Cons

Low pay. Average leadership. Crappy benefits.

10. "It was an enriching opportunity, great people, but unjustly limiting at times."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

Pros

Opportunity
    Growth and development
    Great work environment

Cons

Could provide further opportunity and less limitations on those showing ability and interest to do more.