Screenvision Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Screenvision CEO John Partilla
John Partilla

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Screenvision is a great company to work for if you are looking for freedom and the ability to work from home and make your own schedule (in 16 reviews)

• Reps can work from a home office (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • some say upper management is corrupt, but I have not sort of proof (in 12 reviews)

• The very definition of a Hostile Work Environment for the Local Sales staff at Screenvision (in 5 reviews)

1. "Territory Development Specialist"

I worked at Screenvision full-time

Pros

Decent commission, autonomous schedule, easy work

Cons

Poor communication, not a lot of money in small territories

2. "I Would Do It Again"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Field, NM
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Field, NM

I worked at Screenvision full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work from home. Great insurance. Reasonable vacation and other time off. This is a pretty cool job to have if you can make it work. Most Division Management teams get it. If you like to cold call, understand the product and are dedicated to the world of selling media ere is earning potential. But it will not come right away.

Cons

Sales rep goals structure. Ridiculous weekly appointment expectations. No expense account. Cheap on movie tickets for customers. HQ is light on communication.

Advice to Management

If you value the local customer, which in the past was the SV advantage in the industry, you will raise rates and shorten the national portion the show. Less is More can work if you stick to it. Give your local sellers and customers a chance to be seen by the bulk of the audience. Change from weekly to monthly sales goals and lighten up on Sr. Mgmt. counting appointments.

"Meh"

I worked at Screenvision full-time

Pros

not the worst job ever

Cons

not valued by management or executives

4. "I thoroughly enjoyed by tenure at Screenvision"

Former Employee - Operations in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I worked at Screenvision full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of interesting business challenges and a chance to make an impact. Good professional growth.

Cons

Churn in executive management is not frequent but happened several times during my tenure

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and upward growth

5. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Screenvision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great middle management. Lots of flexibility as long as the job is done and quota is met.

Cons

Slow moving to get answers from corporate on day to day client requests. Accounts locked by other sales departments with no plan in place to open up these inactive accounts.

Advice to Management

Better flow of information on process when rolling out new products and fewer delays in getting information to the front line.

"Operations"

I worked at Screenvision full-time

Pros

Some of the nicest people I've worked with.

Cons

Low pay, uncertainty about company future.

Advice to Management

Pay folks more in support roles, they'll be happier and stay longer.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Screenvision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, they are very good at looking out for you

Cons

some say upper management is corrupt, but I have not sort of proof

Advice to Management

fix your corruption

"Advertising Media Consultant"

I worked at Screenvision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Screenvision is a great company to work for if you are looking for freedom and the ability to work from home and make your own schedule. Management did not micro manage and they let you do your job.

Cons

SInce John Partilla has taken over the company is greedy and cares nothing about their sales reps. He has brought in an inside sales organization and they get all the leads that come in. The pay structure is pitiful. You get paid the same on new business you sell as well as the renewals. They want you to see 12 new businesses face to face every week, but give you no extra incentive to sell those new businesses. Management lies to you and you will never get promoted or move up in the company because they play favorites. They let the senior reps have the bigger accounts and want them to have the larger accounts. The moment you stop selling your head is on the chopping block. They say they are here for you but are not. I expressed numerous times of issues but nothing was ever offered to me to help. When I passed along concerns they were blown off. National sales also gets all the attention. The local advertisers are wasting their money to advertise because the national spots take over the preshow.

Advice to Management

Change your pay structure. Pay more for new business than paying the same as the renewals. Stop treating the outside sales reps as the red headed step children and giving all the inside reps the new business. Upgrade your tablets, they are terrible and outdated and are dinosaurs. No reason NCM gets all the big business, our product is terrible and does not show the advertisers half the time. National spots rule the preshow and local advertisers are wasting their money. It is too expensive and honestly nobody is getting to the movies early. Stop showing favoritism and get rid of the old managers that have been with the company forever. They are doing nothing to help grow the business they are a clique and play favorites with the older reps.

"Don't Park Your Career or Reputation Here"

Former Employee - Strategic Regional Account Executive in Northeast, NY
    Former Employee - Strategic Regional Account Executive in Northeast, NY

I worked at Screenvision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll develop an understanding of how to deal with a disfunctional upper management team within the first week of your employment. You'll get great use of your company mobile when upper management calls you 5 times per day, in a panic, asking for any sales updates.

Cons

For anyone with a sales background, taking a position here really is the end of your career. Attaching your good reputation to this sub par product is a stink that you'll never be able to wash off.

Advice to Management

Doesn't it make sense that there is a possibility that at least some of these negative reviews about your upper/senior sales management are likely true? How many sales pros have to go through your revolving door for you to take notice?

"Screenvision Is the Definition of Micromanagement"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Screenvision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I think of one I'll let you know..................

Cons

If you want to be micromanaged, a job in sales with Screenvision is for you. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. If you are thinking of applying my advice is RUN!!!
    Most stressful sales job ever!

Advice to Management

No one likes to be micro-managed! The company culture/management is toxic.