Sentext Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Philip Ludwig

Pros
Cons
  • I do not have anything negative to say about Sentext (in 3 reviews)

• Scam for small business owners to lock into long term contract (in 3 reviews)

1. "Making Amazing Strides! Community and Sales training have been greatly improved!"

Current Employee - Regional Partner, Selling Agent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Partner, Selling Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at Sentext Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New Advanced Trainings, Daily Newsletter with excellent ideas and Fun Contests are all now part of the company culture. Communication is easy and customers are really starting to be more open and looking for this service, even though it has been around for years already! The Free for Life referral program is very attractive to clients and the ability to add photos and links directly in the texts is exciting too! Just follow the system of closing, and launching and your customer will be successful!

Cons

None to speak of as long as we continue to grow in this direction.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work... looking forward to the new website and sales tools coming soon!

"Decent Company - Excellent Opportunity but room for improvement"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Sentext Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I believe in this product 100%
    You get out what you put in! If you don't go back and nurture your relationships with customers, then more of them will leave you.
    Financial opportunity is unheard of! I get everything they pay upfront - $50. Then I get 50% of everything after that. That makes me a business partner who gets more than 50% of revenue I generate! That's a PRO if I ever heard one!
    They give you the product, and the freedom to run it as your own business, as long as you follow their pricing structures, which do give you a LOT of freedom and leeway! So basically, if you have always wanted to run your own business, but don't have a product, or the cash to get started, here is a way you can go into business with someone else's product! That's a hell of an opportunity for some...for me that is a HUGE opportunity!
    Great support online for the most part. Access to agents all over the country and so many willing to help and answer questions.

Cons

# 1 CON: Website looks like it was built in 2003. For me, because of the city I live in(too long to explain why here) this is a HUGE obstacle that creates distrust towards me. One merchant asked me with a website like this, in (city we live in), does anyone even take you seriously? Management would say I'm a non-believer and letting a few negative comments turn me off or discourage me. Not true, I believe in this product and lifetime residuals and I'm working towards incredible success and I'm not discouraged, I'm learning how to overcome these objections and I will, but seriously, why can't we just update the public portions of the website. Not anything after an agent, or customer logs in, only the public portions. And you don't even have to change anything, just get a web developer to keep it how it is, but update graphics etc to look modern.

2. No training on the campaign manager. There are all these features they don't teach us how to use, like the text to vote, text to win, and the auto-responder and the reminder texts. I can see there is a lot more merchants can do with this then just send out text messages, but there is no training on what any of those extra features are. No training on how to use the data and reports tools, no training on anything, except sending a text.

3. 2% attrition rate isn't explained well. People think it means at the end of the year, they should have around 98% of the people they signed up, still signed up with them. But its actually 2% per month. And if you know anything about interest, its just like monthly interest versus yearly interest. If your interest is compounded monthly at 2%, that's not the same is 2% yearly. Same thing here. If you lose 2% of all customers you've ever signed, every single month. the total at the end of the year won't be 2%. It should be explained so people don't feel misled when actually, they just don't understand the math.

When you study business, they usually teach you that to survive long term, a business needs to be willing to change, evolve, and adapt to the changing world, the changing market. Our management doesn't seem to be willing to change at all, or to be creative and come up with more ways to sell it. Or to add new features to include more industries like I talk about in advice to management. They found 1 way to sell this 1 product. And I feel like they are just trying to make as much money as possible, without ever having to put any money back into the business. Let's just sell this as much as possible, for as long as its relevant, and make as much as possible.
    But we can make more if we open our product up to more ways of using it. If we added some features, and added the ability for our customers to customize its use, we could add big business, the medical industry, and many others into our potential customer list.

I agree this is a proven way, and until someone shows a way to sell 900 accounts with a different system, this is the way they'll teach. I get that! And that's cool. But let's be creative and think about how we can break into new areas of the market. Like how to make it usable for any business. Let's think of new ways businesses could use text and adjust the texting software to allow that. Let's think of how we can make Sentext the ONLY texting solutions, no matter what industry, and no matter how big the business!

Bottom line about all these cons though, they don't even come close to ruining this. They don't come close to making this something bad, or a scam, or a bad opportunity. It doesn't make it so its not what you thought it would be. This product works, but you have to know how to use it. Not all customers do. This product is great, and I am going to make a fortune with it. Its up to me, all these cons above don't really matter, but they are there. But they can't stop you from achieving what you want to achieve. ONLY YOU CAN STOP YOURSELF. Like I said, you will get out what you put in, and you'll get out, what you choose to get out. This is still a great company, and a great opportunity!

Advice to Management

Update the website.
    Be more open to other ways of selling it! The pitch works great overall, and for our typical target customers and I agree this is the one that should be taught overall since its proven. But there are many industries where our pitch doesn't make sense. Like for a haircut place. Or anyone in the medical industry. They wonder is our texting going to make their customers hair grow faster, or make people get sick more? Well of course not, but that's where you should be training us to improvise and find other ways to sell the product, because it CAN be used in other ways. Its my job to overcome these, but its Sentexts job to prepare me for these things. To let me know these will come up.

The biggest thing I wish we would do, is add features to the texting. Like if we added a plan that included the ability to do appointment reminders, allowing them to confirm or cancel their appt over text, all the small business medical industry would open up to us!
    We could also add a way for businesses to send out texts to individuals, based on activity in their POS, or their account management system. Example, open us up to banks!!!! If a customer makes a big purchase that's out of the ordinary, instead of locking their account and making them call in like many banks, that could trigger our system to send them a text asking if it was them. The customer could text in for their balance. Or the bank could send out low balance alerts. Deposit alerts etc. This may seem too specific for us to do easily and cheaply. But...it can be done. All you need to do is add a way for data to be automatically imported into sentext as a table and allow the data to be linked to the original data so it is always up to date. Then let them setup automatic texts for certain events...which are measured by some value in the data. Make all this generic, so they can set any position in the table to trigger something, and so they can set which values trigger which responses. This would allow our customers much more customization.

3. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Sentext Solutions part-time

Pros

Great concept - good intentions - many tools are offered to help you succeed.

Cons

-Information is provided on a need to know basis. Time is money.
    -Real solutions are not provided for issues/concerns. Frequently brush off answers are provided.

Advice to Management

- Give folks there commission every month minus the conditions. Its very discouraging in a commission only job.
    - Remove church talk from the calls.

4. "sales rep"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Detroit, MI

I worked at Sentext Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met people within the stores.

Cons

It was to early for the public to understand it.

Advice to Management

It was expensive so it was hard to sell that 2016

5. "Sales rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Sentext Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product- good management team

Cons

No protected territories so other reps can crouch in. They don't tell you how many reps are in your area.

Advice to Management

They're doing great

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, SC

I worked at Sentext Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Residual income is the center of the target along with unlimited commissions

Cons

B 2 B door to door so need to be able to handle the nos to get to the yeses

Advice to Management

Great mission statement whose platform is based on existing customers

"Take advantage of contract designed for them"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Eustis, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Eustis, FL

I have been working at Sentext Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, these people take full advantage of you and your hard work. Run as fast as you can

Cons

Scam for small business owners to lock into long term contract. All fluff

Advice to Management

Don't prey on people who are down.

"OK Dependent on where you live..."

Current Employee - Contractor, Sales & Marketing Director in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Contractor, Sales & Marketing Director in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Sentext Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Product and pretty good online resources. I recommend this for someone that doesn't want to work a regular 8-5, that loves tracking and follow-up, and that lives in a region where the small businesses are primarily owned by people that speak you language(s).

Cons

This is a B2B (Small Business - single owner type) outside sales role. You need to be very organized, great at follow-up, and excellent at closing - of which I excel in every category. That said, you also need to make sure that the culture of the small business owner is the type that is receptive to you regarding appearance, language skills i.e. I don't speak Spanish and I live in a border town where even the bilingual small business owners refuse to speak English if they think it will make you go away faster. While I experience some initial success, the culture here doesn't lend itself to people that can see the value of this service. It is truly a 'shake my head' situation, in that I cannot believe that any professional business owner in good intelligence would see the extreme value in this solution. Since the position is straight commission and the customers here are extremely needy, you find yourself coddling your current customers so much you have no time to acquire new ones, and if you don't get at least 1 new customer every month, you forfeit all your residual commission for the customers you already have, that are taking up all your time.

Advice to Management

Provide better training and support through management, and be more forthcoming regarding the multi-lingual challenges that your Sales Executives will face.

"Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Milford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Milford, CT

I have been working at Sentext Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Training and Online Support System.

Cons

Great opportunity with residual payments, yet tough getting started with 'commission only' set-up.

"Success Driven Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Gulfport, MS
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Gulfport, MS

I have been working at Sentext Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working for this company; if you are willing to put in the work, listen to and apply the techniques that Sentext teaches...you will be successful and build your own wealth! Great pay for sure and I simply love the fact that, everyday, I help business owners make more money and connect with their existing customers.

Cons

No Cons. Any failure is on my part... I work hard and it pays off.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!