Senvoy Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "driver"

Former Employee - Route Driver in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Route Driver in Salem, OR

I worked at Senvoy (More than a year)

Pros

lots of work to do.i do not work for them any more.is that good for now.you steel need more words.

Cons

24hr had to uee my own vehicle.i had to pay for all my fuel.al so i had to get commericle insureance.

Advice to Management

ok

"Driver"

Former Employee - Driver in Portland, OR

Pros

The customers are nice and you work by yourself

Cons

They are a crooked company. You pay $100 a month for insurance and $200 for a uniform. They make you sign a contract and if your vehicle breaks down they take your money that you earned. I would stay way away from this company. They do not pay you much for jobs and you pay for your own gas and parking. They want you to work past your hours and threaten you if you turn down jobs that will make you go way over. You put a lot of miles on your car ( I was doing between 100-300 a day). My car broke down and I did not have another one i could use. No one wanted to lend me a car and have that many miles put on it. They owed me about $1600 and they are not paying me any of it. They treat you like employees but call you independent contractors. Do not work for these guys, you are better off to work for caviar and some of the food courier places. At least they pay you and you don't have to sign a contract. It also takes a week to two weeks to get your checks.

"LAW SUIT"

Former Employee - Courier in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Courier in Portland, OR

I worked at Senvoy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ZERO
    NADA
    ZIP
    NEGATIVE
    NOTHING
    no good words come to mind

Cons

THE WHOLE PACKAGE (PUN INTENDED)

Advice to Management

I would never recommend this job to anyone ever. I would basically say I never worked there. Riding around with a driver to get a feel for the job not only wasted my time, because its not paid, I was also succumbed to quit my current job on my first day of "training". Only for that to quickly backfire. Because I was lied to about all the "great benefits" of work with them. I was told it was going to be full time mon - fri 7am-5pm. But literally the day before I start I am told I now work from 3pm-8pm.. being 19 thats cool works for me. HOWEVER, how can you just change a schedule like that? are couriers who are going to residence's even suppose to be knocking on someones door at that time? Well not even two weeks later, I am told that I can not be a full time driver for them ONLY ON CALL because I am 19. WELL YOU SURE DIDNT GIVE A RATS A S S WHEN YOU HAD ME WORK FOR YOU A WEEK AGO. AND WHEN I WAS DRIVING AROUND DURING TRAINING. But now that I show you I could pull my weight and will stick around because I have responsibilties and bills, you put me through a rigamarole. I mean lets not forget you guys convinced me to quit my job to come work for you because ita better? I mean technically they still havent paid me for that week and a half I worked for them. IF ONLY I HAD MONEY FOR A LAWYER. BUT I CANT EVEN AFFORD MY RENT BECAUSE OH YEAH, SENVOY DOESNT PAY THERE WORKERS UNTIL THEY HAVE WORKED FOR THEM FOR A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT WORK FOR SENVOY!!!!!!!!

4. "Worked here too"

Former Employee - Worker Bee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Worker Bee in Portland, OR

I worked at Senvoy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As an employee, working with a group of dedicated, experienced team of individualus who welcome you as part of the family and go out of the way to help teach the ins/outs of the industry and the policies of the company.

Cons

sometimes longer hours than anticipated.

Advice to Management

Pay the drivers on time. don't bait and switch the on or about the 5th and the 20th of the month.

"Treat employees like cattle"

Former Employee - Company Driver in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Company Driver in Portland, OR

I worked at Senvoy full-time

Pros

Centrally located in SE Portland

Cons

poor pay, no benefits, management keeps employees at arms length, one of the worst companies I've ever worked for

Advice to Management

stop treating your employees like cattle

"I was an employee and then later a "contractor" for Senvoy."

Former Employee - Contractor/Driver in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Contractor/Driver in Portland, OR

I worked at Senvoy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were no pros to this job. None of the managers or supervisors were professional or respectful.

Cons

Was paid late, was not paid correctly, was treated as though I was constantly doing things wrong even after I had worked there over 2 years and outlasted many other employees. The "contractor" position is actually a way for them to pay full time employees less than minimum wage. They tend to hire young people and immigrants who don't know any better and take advantage of them until they finally are forced to quit, and then they usually withhold your last paycheck if they can. They were even cruel enough to remove the first aid kit from the warehouse.

Advice to Management

Pay the people who actually do the work your whole company is based around at least an hourly wage.

"Horrible company"

Former Employee - I Did EVERYTHING for NOTHING in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - I Did EVERYTHING for NOTHING in Portland, OR

I worked at Senvoy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working at this place. It's run by idiots and jerks. Run as far away as you possibly can and do not look back.

Cons

The place is the seventh layer of hell. If you enjoy working for slave wages, this is the pace for you.

Advice to Management

Leave the business to people who have hearts, minds, and know how to use both in a balanced combo.

8. "Senvoy as an employer"

Current Employee - Classified in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Classified in Portland, OR

I have been working at Senvoy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, strong management, positive work environment, highly professional and very laid back at the same time somehow, expected to run with ideas and self-manage, committed team - here we can all rely 100% on team members having our back - whenever anyone asks anyone for anything, the answer is always yes - I've never heard "that's not my job."

I am a relatively new Senvoy employee, and I read some of these Glassdoor "employee" reviews before coming on board. Despite two or three people posting and re-posting their bad opinions, a good friend of mine was an employee here and told me repeatedly how great a place to work Senvoy is, so here I am.

I've been here a little while now and I can say that there is very little attrition at Senvoy, and Senvoy's employees seem loyal, hardworking and happy. I personally feel empowered to make a difference, important to the company, and I consider myself well-paid for the work I do. From inside, I can tell you that the company is solid and the owner is good to his people.

As for these disgruntled drivers reviewing Senvoy, well. They don't work for Senvoy; they are independent contractors who work for themselves, legitimately and legally. They are given an opportunity to set their own hours, to choose what work they do and don't want to do, and to determine their own income. Good drivers make decent money and seem perfectly content. The complainers seem to me to be people that aren't very good at courier work but blame others for their troubles. I'm sure they feel victimized wherever they work now too because clearly it couldn't be their fault that they don't make a decent living or have many career options. Again, the drivers I have come to know and have asked about how they like what they do seem to have a completely different story than these "reviewers."

I truly enjoy my position at Senvoy and can see me working here for many years to come.

Cons

High demands, long hours (but no one sets my hours, I choose when I need to be there), not all my responsibilities are things I enjoy dealing with.

"Pass on working here...unless you're desperate."

Former Employee - Dispatch, Warehouse, Forced to Drive Sometimes in Portland, OR

I worked at Senvoy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The reviewer from 6 days ago is full of it. Sounds like management is at it again, writing fake reviews. Anyways, pros: That really depends on your job. For someone in my position(s) there (I had four, technically), the only pro I can think of is the times I worked at night and didn't have to deal with the direct B.S. from "management".

Cons

70+ hour/7 day work weeks (only 3 days off a year) but only making $20k a year. No benefits. This is as an employee, not a driver. Being expected to make deliveries as an employee, not a driver, and not get paid extra for it (or even money to cover gas cost). Management there has what I call the "God complex". Look it up. They're no where near as awesome as they seem to think they are. Sheisty, two-faced, will take credit for your work, lying bastardos.

Advice to Management

Buy some Q-tips. Clean out the excessive wax build-up in your ears, and actually LISTEN to customer/employee problems and/or suggestions. It should not be about Jerry being able to buy his next luxury car or ability to blow $15k on neon signs. Take better care of the people who work for you and maybe you will honestly inspire some form of loyalty outside of your little clique that's been there since 1999.

"TERRIBLE PLACE NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT"

I worked at Senvoy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None really I guess being outside? LOL

Cons

Don't even think about working here!! If you are a client take your business somewhere else! ......If you like working for a company that cheats/steals from you on every delivery then this place is for you. They lie about invoice amounts and lie to client's about "gas surcharge's" Also they don't pay their independent delivery contractors.........real trashy place that is getting sued by basically everyone that was desperate enough to work for them--not worth the aggravation .GRADE is...F- Truly a nest of slime-balls............. DON'T work here and don't hire them for anything.....you will regret it!!

Advice to Management

nothing to say........