Service Experts Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Scott J. Boxer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Service technicians are not trained adequately (in 3 reviews)

1. "The Accounting Support team is Awesome!!!"

Current Employee - Accounting Support III in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Accounting Support III in Plano, TX

I have been working at Service Experts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

·My initial thoughts were who is this company & are they successful. I found out that Service Experts were an entity of the large company Lennox. The separation has been great for service experts. We're even in Canada.
    ·The management in my department is beyond great! After working for several other companies you find out that leadership is always an issue which makes work a drag. I finally have a great boss again & two wonderful team leads. No micro managing and their very understanding
    ·i love the atmosphere. You will hear laughter throughout the day and some sharing funny family updates like a family. Its not super quiet like a library which is a plus for me. I'm never bored & the time goes by quickly.
    ·We celebrate everyone's birthday with cake & decor. We also recognize those who have an error rate of 5% or less every month. We enter in so much accounting data & calculations everyday so it's good to be noticed for doing well.
    ·They promote teamwork. So no one is behind on their workload.
    ·The team consist of matured adults of different races. No childish high school feel.
    ·The workload is never ending which is job security.
    ·The Summer is peak season for the company so there will be mandatory OT.

Cons

I really dont have any
    ·it will take on average between 60-90 days for you to get up to par
    ·the training is good and thorough but you will continue to learn new things once you start on your assigned facilites & workload.
    ·No free sodas & water

Advice to Management

Continue to show employee appreciation. Keep that in the budget. When we feel appreciated we dont mind working hard for great people. Keep the family feel

"General manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - General Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Service Experts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people but times are changing. With the purchase of the company things are starting to go downhill quick. Scott box it was a great leader but his time has come and he is off into the sunset. This makes room for the company to get much younger much smarter people involved.

Cons

All the key personnel with talent is jumping ship. It feels like a doomsday situation at the company everybody is afraid for their jobs nobody makes decisions it's a sinking ship

Advice to Management

Need to hire people with HVAC Experience

3. "inside sales rep"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Plano, TX

Pros

the weekly pay, is the only great thing

Cons

the job security, no sales no job

4. "Highway robbery style company at its finest."

Former Employee - Service Technician in Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Service Experts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None at this time, maybe 3 years ago.

Cons

Oh man, I could type out an entire essay and I would still only be covering one aspect of the terrible culture that was implemented in the last 2 years. Chris Cos was the best GM to be apart of Parker Pearce and caused this location to Thrive. Once he was rewarded (as he deserved to be) with a huge opportunity to take over a location down south...Parker Pearce went south, and has tanked to the abyss. Back-stabbing peers, poor communication, pressure from corporate to "SELL SELL SELL!" Never a "good job!" Always, "well if you were able to do that, you should've sold a higher margin!" 2016 Summer time they had 1 full time installer, with the installation manager also having to take on being a full time installer. An eye opener in such high regards when you are outside looking in. I would never recommend, anyone to EVER work here, or to do business with this shady location.

Advice to Management

rewind to 2012-13 and do things like they were then

5. "Just a number - Former General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Service Experts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are pros like every job. Great co-workers, got paid weekly.

Cons

You are treated like a number. There is little to no actual support even though they claim to always be available. Corporate is under the impression everyone exists to feed their machine. They will manipulate the numbers so you virtually never make bonuses and then up the goals so much the next year it isn't possible to ever get one. If you interview ask how many general managers have quit the last 3 years. You'll be amazed.

Advice to Management

Start treating the field as humans with lives. Not everyone lives to make sure Scott Boxer gets his bonuses. Pay the people who make the money a fair wage and see what happens. Maybe if you did 30% of your management team went leave each year.

6. "ok place to work"

I have been working at Service Experts full-time

Pros

company is in good shape and will be around a while. good benefits package

Cons

need to work on human relations department

7. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Service Experts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice work environment, good management fair compensation

Cons

No salary increases without request

"Work Somewhere Else"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Pros

There really aren't any. If you like the HVAC industry, there are several other companies in town with better reputations. They don't train their techs because it is too expensive, corporate is always breathing down your neck and the staff is no paid enough. All management really cares about is profit. Do not work here, it really isn't a good career move

Cons

There are a lot. They sell you on the idea that the corporate lifestyle is a good one, however, that is not how it turns out. Corporate micromanages everything you do. No one is paid well and everyone is treated as though they are expendable. I wouldn't suggest working here at all. It is a terrible sales job, they don't train their techs, there aren't advancement opportunities if you work as a part of the office staff. There is no doubt that you are overlooked and treated like a number if you work here. Do yourself a favor and look at their competition if you want to work in the HVAC industry.

They also don't really care about their customers. Once the customer has paid, they are avoided as much as possible. Management does not make the customer the priority.

Advice to Management

Care more about your customer and your employees.

9. "Miserable company"

Former Employee - Residential Sales Consultant in Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - Residential Sales Consultant in Gaithersburg, MD

Pros

None except the direct co workers in the office with you. Only reason it was tolerable

Cons

Where to start. How about actually do proper background checks on management you bring in and hire. Pathetic company

Advice to Management

Management does not deserve any advice. Wouldn't want to take it anyways from anyone

10. "Residential Comfort Adviser"

Former Employee - Residential Sales Consultant in Louisville, TN
    Former Employee - Residential Sales Consultant in Louisville, TN

I worked at Service Experts (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was a base plus commission

Cons

Switched to 100% commission