Seva Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Guru"

Current Employee - Kansas in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Kansas in Wichita, KS

Pros

Opportunity to learn trendy services. Decent hours so far. Excellent location.

Cons

Minimal pay. Very limited product selection. Not much awareness of other services beside threading and lash extensions.

"WORST COMPANY EVER"

Former Employee - Guru in Grand Junction, CO
    Former Employee - Guru in Grand Junction, CO

I worked at Seva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros. They expect you not to have a life. Lie about there services (no, the lash extensions don't last two weeks and they are cheaper than anything I've ever bought for myself).

Cons

Corporate doesn't care about their employees. Franchisee doesn't care about their employees. Worst company. Products that they expect their employees to use are absolutely awful and I wouldn't use them on my worse enemy. They expect you to work for scraps essentially. Franchisee had the nerve to text not one but TWO employees to fire them and didn't have a reason for either. No personal contact. Terrible way to run a business, unless you want to run it right into the toilet. Where it belongs.

Advice to Management

Don't fire your employees over text message? Don't be a crappy person? Don't treat your LICENSED cosmetologist employees like they are idiots!! How about close don't your business there is no hope anyways!!!!!!!

Jun 9, 2017 – COO

This is not a review of Seva Beauty Corporate

3. "Esthetician"

Former Employee - Esthetician
    Former Employee - Esthetician

I worked at Seva part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A very nice company to work for. Flexible schedules, okay pay,

Cons

I think we should get paid weekly

"Good job, nice people, but weird ideas."

Pros

Fast work pace. friendly co workers, training, good breaks, friendly atmosphere, lots of clients, clean facility/spa, okay hourly pay

Cons

They want you to stand in front of the store being aggressive to get customers, Very off putting and loses clients. No benefits even if youre full time, and only 4 holidays(unpaid). BTW, they don't count Easter as a Holiday, so if youre religious this might be an issue.

Advice to Management

Change your marketing strategies, offer SOME benefits, make religious holidays required time off. Very unfair to some people.

"TERRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL

I worked at Seva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small start up company so you get insight to other companies and can get involved and take on as much work as you can handle.

Cons

Not only do they EXPECT you to work 60+ hours a week, there is no way you can work less given there is only 5 people in the corporate office running the show. There is zero training, you are thrown to the dogs and either sink or swim. Even if you can push through, there is never going to be light at the end of the tunnel. They will always expect more.

The review below mine stating they hire very smart people to drive their process, suck everything they can from you and then fire you once they have your role outsourced, is completely accurate. I should have seen the warning signs when the internal employees boasted of the high turnover and said I was "lucky" to be there. The owner is not very involved, just collects checks from afar. The franchisees are SUPER unhappy but legally bound so it's only a matter of time before this company turns belly up.

Advice to Management

Train your employees and take an active role getting to know them and what they go through on a daily basis.

Jun 7, 2017 – COO

Top-tier organizational and time management skills are a prerequisite for a successful tenure at Seva.

"Nothing good to say !!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Seva full-time

Pros

Every positive review about this company was written by the owners. There is nothing good to say about this company or the owners.

Cons

Overworked - Underpaid
    What this business calls "process driven" is simply hiring extremely qualified people who specialize in certain areas of the business. Shortly down the line after you have developed a "process driven" way of performing your duties, they outsource your work and created process to a low paid foreign temp employee and fire you.

There is a revolving door on this business. The only people who survive are family and employees nasty enough to sacrifice others to keep this no-name joke of a company's inflated job titles on their resume.

Advice to Management

Pack up and go home. It's over!

Jun 7, 2017 – COO

Adherence to our Core Values of Honesty, Loyalty, and Skill are essential for a successful tenure at Seva.

"worst management"

Former Employee - Nail Tech in New Lenox, IL
    Former Employee - Nail Tech in New Lenox, IL

Pros

flexible hours. pay was okay.

Cons

a lot of micro- managing. uncomfortable work environment. located inside walmart so not many pleasant clients expect way too much.

Not a review of Seva.

"Progressive, Quick-Moving Company with Great Core Values"

I have been working at Seva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The sustainable business model- Coming from the luxury spa industry, I'v experienced the hard reality of discounting in 'The Age of Groupon". However, Seva provides a profitable business model to Franchisees willing to follow the protocols and work hard.

The small, connected staff- You work closely with everyone, even the Founders of the company so your voice is truly heard.

Open to innovation- On this team, anyone's great idea can become reality, no matter your position!

Meaningful work- Giving partners the opportunity to become small-business owners and guiding them through their success provides a great sense of accomplishment.

Cons

It's not an easy job, there's a lot of work and changes effect hundreds of people running their own small businesses, so it can be stressful at times.

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL

Pros

Other employees are great it's the owners you need to be wary of.

Cons

owners create drama. Someone is fired almost every week by the founder screaming at them.

Advice to Management

Follow your own core values. You don't practice what you preach.

Jun 9, 2017 – COO

The legitimacy of this review is highly suspect as it is filled with inaccuracies. The founders of Seva are certainly not dramatic nor do they scream at people. Further, Seva has a small, talented... More

10. "A Company You Would be Lucky to Work For!"

Current Employee - Director in Highland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Highland Park, IL

I have been working at Seva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked with Seva for almost a year and as I look back, I can genuinely say that it has exponentially reciprocated what I have put into the company. I immediately worked hard to earn the trust of my leaders and as a result, have been given the freedom to develop and execute programs that enrich the lives of our franchisees.

People rarely get the opportunity to be inspired on a daily basis. People rarely get the chance to see their ideas implemented on a national scale. Many people will never know what it feels like to respect the people they work for and be respected in return. I have been given these gift at Seva.

Coming to work everyday has been an absolute joy for me. I am fortunate to be part of a work environment that provides me the unique balance of independence and the support I need. The company is lead exceptionally and is expanding on all levels because of this.

It should be noted that I am generously compensated for my contributions. However, even more significant than money, I feel that I am recognized as a valuable part of the team.

Seva is an up and coming franchise in the industry. I am confident that we will continue to produce great salons and spas for our customers to visit and great franchises for our Partners to own. If they continue to treat their corporate employees as they do, there is no limit to where we will go. Anyone would be lucky to be a part of Seva's corporate team, I know I am.

Cons

If you are afraid of hard work, this is not the position for you!

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing!