KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,589 of over 2,486 reviews

3.7
Shopee CEO Chris Feng
Chris Feng
Pros
  • "It was a very exciting and dynamic working environment(in 91 reviews)

• "Learn a lot in a fast paced environement(in 72 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance is a challenge(in 99 reviews)

• "stress to hit kpi, no work life balance(in 41 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Shopee and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Very good company!

Oct 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture! Fast speed environment

Cons

Everything us good  to me.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

best company ever

Oct 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment, friendly staff, good boss

Cons

not enough drink and snack

Be the first to find this review helpful

Current Employee

working at shopee

Aug 20, 2021 - Senior Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work life balance and good working environment

Cons

too many PRC culture and sometimes 996

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Meh

Apr 20, 2021 - Sorter in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a job The hours aren't terrible Some of the regular employees there were nice

Cons

Bullied by Supervisor Minimum Wage Constant push to "get those dollars to the floor"

Continue reading
      3 people found this review helpful

Shopee Response

Hi former employee, we appreciate you for taking the time to leave a review. We recognise that you have had a negative experience as a Shopee employee, and would like to assure you that we have taken note of your concerns. As the Shopee team grows bigger with each day, so does the expectations we set for our senior leaders. This is why we prioritise continuous learning for our managers via key Learning and Development initiatives, to help them better lead and guide our teams. We would like to hear more about your concerns and suggestions, and how we can improve the overall employee experience. Please feel free to reach out to us, and drop an email to [hr.experience@shopee.com]. Thank you!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

good

Jan 15, 2021 - Zzz in Airport Drive, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly staff, good prospect, nothing bad

Cons

stress to hit kpi, no work life balance

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

If upper management isn't horrible, upper management is absent

Jan 16, 2020 - Key Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

No micromanagement, feel free to accomplish tasks as you wish, great office, surrounded by great people, never dull or boring

Cons

chaotic information management, rolling out of updates happen through chat, upper management either unprofessional or not felt at all.

42 people found this review helpful

Shopee Response

Hi former employee, thank you for your contribution and hard work during your time with us! We are sad to see that you would not recommend us. We would like to know more about what you mentioned in your review. If you are open for a discussion, please drop us an email at hr.experience@shopee.com. Our team will be happy to chat with you on which areas and how we are able to do better. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavours!

8. 5.0

Good Management

Aug 19, 2019 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee base are very young. Not much office politics. Good management.

Cons

As an engineer, if you are not super good at what you do, there's not much upward mobility.

11 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you are looking for a high pay..

Sep 5, 2019 - Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay well, Very fast planning to implementation time

Cons

Long work hours, Process not set in place

8 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0

Strong Potential But Has Toxic Office Politics

Mar 5, 2019 - Corporate Real Estate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced, plenty of learning opportunities, competitive salaries

Cons

There can be very toxic office politics, a bit of nepotism, sometimes disorganized

29 people found this review helpful
    11. 2.0
      Former Employee

Good as a temporary job, not for long term

Oct 1, 2021 - Operations in Kuala Lumpur
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big company. Good for your resume. Casual environment, pay is alright for fresh grads. Free food and freebies

Cons

- super high turnover. People leaving average between one month to a year. That should explain how bad it is -not much career progression, dont expect to be rewarded, blurry KPI - HR recruiters just shoved and sugar coat you with the role during interview, job turns out different that promised. Recruiter actually don't even understand the job scope - lack of training, members not experienced enough to train new recruits end up giving half baked answers to clients - managers just not interested and understanding in employees concerns and suggestions. Only listen but no actions taken, waste of time talking to managers - favouritism especially if you as a new recruit knows the senior members, you tend to get the nicer chunk of pie - team mates are just toxic and glorifying hustle culture - the role in department is just redundant and questionable, dont even see the point of doing the work assigned as it overlaps with other department - nightmare for introvert like me. Job ended up like a punching bag for customers and suitable for those very extrovert kind and this constantly gives me anxiety and panic attack. HR recruiter was not honest at all and deceiving If you wanna work here go ahead as it's good for your resume. But dont expect to expand your career here. Get the job experience and pack your bags after a year or two. Also question your HR recruiter and also the interviewers and get a clear view of the role. Most of the times they just wanna get an extra pair of hands to do the work

5 people found this review helpful