Skyscanner Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2019

Found 210 reviews

3.6
Bryan Dove
Pros
  • "Supportive of work/life balance(in 26 reviews)

• "There are many inspiring and great leaderships to learn from, flexible working environment as they put trust in each people to be productive(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Too much consensus decision-making: I'm not sure why they keep promoting this tribe/squad structuring when tribe leads refuse to lead and do their job(in 10 reviews)

• "Career progression, especially progress beyond a senior engineer, is not very transparent(in 7 reviews)

"A Truly Exceptional Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Skyscanner full-time for more than a year

Pros

Skyscanner is a company with humble beginnings founded by the most humble and down to earth CEO you will ever meet. The company's transparency and trust in the hired staff is what truly makes it a special place to be in. Great benefits, fantastic people to work with and I always found room for growth. I learned a ton every day and I see a bright future ahead for the company.

Cons

There could often be too many meetings and being in the smaller offices, one could feel pressured to attend although it wasn't relevant. There could also be difficulty with communication between the different offices around the world.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and open to trusting staff to get the work done. Gareth, keep being awesome!

Skyscanner2016-12-13

"Not great if you aren't at HQ"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Skyscanner full-time for more than a year

Pros

I guess they are a big deal in Europe? So notoriety?

Cons

- Employees are motivated to write blogs about things they've done, rather than actually doing work. If you don't have a paper trail or a Confluence page pointing to what you've done, you don't exist. - Benefits (particularly for acquired companies and/or non-HQ offices) are below market. - Gym benefit is $150 LIFETIME. In California, you can use this to take a handful of yoga classes and/or go to budget gym...

Skyscanner2019-08-04

"With great benefits come great bureaucracy"

I have been working at Skyscanner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great health insurance at no cost to the employee. Family members added means you pay a little but nothing outrageous. - Fully vested 401k the moment you start. And contributions up to 5% matched by the company. -Brilliant people that really are a joy to work with in all of our offices.

Cons

-Creativity has been stifled at the cost of velocity. -Autonomy feels like an illusion in terms of creation. -Takes a long time to get most anything agreed upon when it comes to higherups.

Advice to Management

Get back to what made the company so incredible to work for -- work/life balance, less rigidity with work structure, and the like. Maintain the positive attitude for everyone.

Skyscanner2018-04-03

"Management is not good, Not a good place for career growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Skyscanner full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co workers are friendly. Make you feel welcome. The US office is more of a start up, so always get new responsibilities and can learn new things.

Cons

Not a good place for career growth. Main issue is with management. One of the few who was really good and talented left the company. Management mostly imported form UK and look biased.Don't lead by example. Seems quite a bit of nepotist culture as well. One of the leads had a spouse working in the office and always seem to favor him, helping the him get extra credit in-spite of the fact that he was totally incompetent.

Advice to Management

Don't ignore deserving workers for your incompetent relatives.

Skyscanner2018-02-05

Skyscanner Response

February 21, 2018Skyscanner Team

Thanks for your feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you more about the experience that you had. Please reach out directly to someone at Skyscanner who you would be comfortable speaking with. Thanks again.

5. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Skyscanner full-time

Pros

Great company to work for, for the most part. Good benefits, awesome people and a great environment.

Cons

No clear career plan in place.

Skyscanner2018-01-12

"Skyscammer better describes this place......"

Former Employee - Sales in Miami, FL

I worked at Skyscanner full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of the people are nice.

Cons

Sales Management extremely passive aggressive. Too late to the market is US. Who needs another travel site that just tries to copy the others? Managers treat salespeople as disposable. Very clicky. Import their upper management team from UK/ Scotland where Skyscanner is successful. They do not know what they are doing in US market. Crazy amounts of internal meetings make it hard to do job. Encourage co workers to narc...

Advice to Management

Get new management team for US.

Skyscanner2017-09-19

Skyscanner Response

September 26, 2017Skyscanner Team

Thank you for your feedback: we value it and we take it seriously. We strive to create a culture of supportive collaboration in each of our offices across the world.

7. "Great Company to work for"

I worked at Skyscanner

Pros

One of the best company's I've worked for, overall! - People - Culture - Autonomy - Fun and Collaborative Working Environment

Cons

When I worked there, the America's region was just being launched so this part of the organization was running like a start-up, there were many challenges as expected, minimal training, not enough resources, etc.

Advice to Management

Management overall was great however, because I was employed during the launch of the Americas, everyone was spread to thin. Wish there had been a bit more support.

Skyscanner2016-05-31
  8. "Fun company"

I worked at Skyscanner

Pros

The company culture is fun and friendly with lots of events throughout the year, the offices are a nice place to work and the company employs lots of interesting people

Cons

You can find yourself very busy with work due to the growth of the company

Skyscanner2016-04-26

"Process could be quicker"

I have been working at Skyscanner full-time

Pros

Very friendly recruiters who are willing to work with your schedule.

Cons

Longer process than usual. HR team is a little unorganized it seems.

Advice to Management

Spend a little more money to get top talent.. it's why the tech scene in Europe is lacking.

Skyscanner2016-02-17
  10. "It's an Honour to work for such a great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Skyscanner

Pros

Absolutely brilliant place to work and I am confident it will continue to be so. Higher management is fantastic.

Cons

Sometimes communication can be tough between global offices.

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing!

Skyscanner2015-06-26