SlimGenics Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 8, 2019

2.6
Katherine Ott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It is a sales position but the heart of it all is helping people improve their lives" (in 17 reviews)

• "We have the privilege to work with health-challenged clients everyday on their weight loss journey and path to wellness" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay, micromanagement, HIGH turnover, only focused on sales not customers" (in 6 reviews)

• "This is purely a sales job just masked by a weight loss company sadly" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great company! Great people!"

Current Employee - Manager in Arvada, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Arvada, CO

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comprehensive training. Supportive management and trainers

Cons

Not having two days off, back to back

2. "Awful"

Current Employee - Program Advisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Program Advisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You do get to help people

Cons

Management is a joke, and they dont care about you

Advice to Management

Maybe try listening to the employees and make some serious changes to the company

"Once an Innovator, Now a Sad State of Affairs"

I worked at SlimGenics full-time

Pros

The clients and achieving good skills.

Cons

Like others have stated, you get what you put into it, until they burn you out because their business model is so archaic that few people's passion for the job can overcome the whiplash, head spinning direction, knee jerk reactions and decision making based on emotional suspicion rather than logic and well thought out processing of information. If you need me to more specific, it's everything. Because of this, the Managers and Area Supervisors who work in centers are set up to fail because their exceptions are very generalized and rarely clear, which trickles down. The other problem is selling products and services to clients online, which affects the paychecks of all staff members. The response from the CEO and Director? Sell more, give them better service and they won't buy online...despite the fact that the company markets to them online, with cheaper prices and we are not able to match them in center. You can draw your own conclusions on how that effects employee moral and how everyone (but the CEO) makes their living.

Advice to Management

The best advice I could give would be to actually sell the company to another family or group of people who really care about the business, care about employees and understand how the weight loss industry works in 2019. This would also help an incredibly misunderstood, ho hum creative, and ineffective approach to marketing their program and generating new leads. All of this advice doesn't matter because they don't really listen to their employees and it's quite possible they will only be an online business in a matter of time.

4. "Counselor"

Pros

Easy, tons of training, get to wear comfy srcubs

Cons

Weird. You're working for commission but have to hide it from clients . Scrubs feel like a costume to seem more medically knowledgeable than we are. Taught to manipulate their vulnerability to gain sales.

5. "Program Advisor"

Former Employee - Program Advisor
    Former Employee - Program Advisor

I worked at SlimGenics full-time

Pros

You get to work with fantastic clients.

Cons

Slimgenics treats their employees terribly. Basically, the program advisors are sales people in scrubs. Work/Family balance is non existent. Good Luck trying to leave an hour early or an hour late for a family function or doctor's appointment. They have you drive over an hour to a center and do not pay you or mileage. Not even a thank you for helping them out. Even if you are on the sales leader board every week, management (upper and center manager) will find something to point out that you did not do perfectly. The turn over is like nothing I have seen before. Most employees last under six months.

Advice to Management

To the Regional Manager: You have your employees weigh in monthly. You would be fired if you weighed in for being over weight. Try the program yourself.

6. "Help People While Expanding Your Skill Set"

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time

Pros

SlimGenics is a desirable place to work because the management will provide YOU with a good opportunity to get great results. At the end of the day, that's really all you can ask for... You don't want to be stunted in your workplace. Joining the ranks at SlimGenics will require you to grow, learn new skills and improve as a person.

The weight-loss industry is all about helping people and the inspiring stories you hear from SlimGenics clients are truly special. This company's main goal is to educate the population on healthy nutrition and eating habits. All you have to do is look around to see how many health problems are caused from unhealthy eating. It truly is an important cause... And if you get the chance to become a SlimGenics employee, you will become an ambassador for that cause.

With SlimGenics, you get the chance to help people, expand your skill set and make some good money. Obviously, there's a lot of learning too!

Cons

As with many places, sometimes it's hard to introduce a new ways of doing things.

7. "Empowerment"

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time

Pros

SlimGenics hires people who know their stuff and do not need micromanagement. In fact we are empowered to create our own workflows and projects. There is a lot of teamwork here and very entrepreneurial.

Cons

Sometimes it takes awhile to get feedback on new proposed ideas.

8. "Fun Work Environment Where you Get to Help People Change Their Lives!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at SlimGenics for over ten years. The company has tremendous professional development opportunities for those that want them. We have the privilege to work with health-challenged clients everyday on their weight loss journey and path to wellness. It is amazing to see the incredible results and knowing you helped someone transform their life for the better. The program works and the company provides so many educational tools for both the clients and the employees. The products we sell enhance the results and are best in class. It is fun to work with people who care about their own health and the health and wellness of others. I especially enjoy working with our youth clients and helping them understand the importance of healthy nutrition. Great place to work!

Cons

It is difficult to find and retain team members who understand the importance of both service and sales. Sales is a required part of the job and some people find they are not comfortable with that even though the company is clear that sales is an essential part of the position.

9. "I Love my Job!"

Current Employee - Program Advisor in Arvada, CO
    Current Employee - Program Advisor in Arvada, CO

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

After working in a corporate position for 25 years, working at SlimGenics is a breathe of fresh air! SlimGenics gives you an opportunity to make a positive impact on others lives. In this position I have clients that rely on me and my coworkers to support and motivate them to achieve their health goals. Working in a positive team environment and watching and assisting clients transition and become happy and healthier is truly rewarding. The SlimGenics Program is a sound nutritional program and not only works to help clients lose weight, it offers all the tools to maintain results. I also lost weight on the program and have embraced the SlimGenics lifestyle. I have worked at SlimGenics for over 11 years and absolutely love my job and all the clients. I can go home at the end of the day knowing that I am responsible for making a difference in another persons life.

Cons

I really can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and thank you for providing us with the premium program, nutritional supplements, tools and training to enhance our clients results.

10. "Almost 8 Years with a Great Company"

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

SlimGenics is a great company that offers many opportunities for career growth. Great opportunity to work on a team and help people change their lives. Hard work is recognized and rewarded. Weight loss program is healthy and it works!

Cons

Can be challenging at times because you're working with the public.