KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 501 of over 530 reviews

3.7
SoFi CEO Anthony Noto
Anthony Noto
Pros
  • "Free lunch and/or lunch benefit(in 50 reviews)

• "Great benefits - free lunch, health care premiums paid for, stock options(in 44 reviews)

• Cons
  • "VPs, upper management, stock options(in 25 reviews)

• "Work-life balance gets tough sometimes(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Veteran Status

This rating reflects the overall rating of SoFi and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Why I SoFi

Sep 2, 2020 - Treasury Operations Analyst in Healdsburg, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has a great culture and knows how to take care of its employees. Not only do they provide great benefits, but they also provide personal assistance when emergencies arise and they care about the mental and physical health of all employees. SoFi is great at demonstrating inclusion within the workplace and are working to make changes to increase diversity. I've been at SoFi for 5 years and have enjoyed working here since day one. There is a family kind of vibe within SoFi and I am grateful to be apart of it.

Cons

From my personal experience, the cons really are not that much different than what you will find anywhere else. There are sometimes layoffs and changes that may be uncomfortable. But I can't recall anything the company has done in recent years that has been unfair or wrong.

2 people found this review helpful

Internal Communications Lead

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are absolutely thrilled to hear your 5+ years here have been meaningful and that you're a part of the SoFi family. SoFi is continuously working toward building the best culture in the world, and we can't do it without the input of employees like you. Thanks again!

2. 5.0

Fantastic company

Jun 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and network. Fantastic work environment and great benefits

Cons

Still a growing company so constant changes take place but that presents so much opportunity for growth

Principal Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for being a part of the SoFi family, and for taking the time to share a review of your experience. We're thrilled to hear it's been a memorable one so far. We are incredibly intentional about building a culture where people love to work, which is why it's our company's #1 objective this year. It sounds like you agree that our growth rate is helping set SoFi up for long-term success, and in turn is creating myriad opportunities for our employees to learn and grow. That being said, we acknowledge that this rapid growth comes with what feels like constant change and we are conscious of the affect that has on our employees. If you have additional feedback to share on this topic, we encourage you to share them with your manager, PBP, or email us at glassdoor@sofi.org.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee

Wish I could leave no stars

May 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lunch card..benefits..a job...not really too many

Cons

I really tried to be positive about this company starting out...they talked a great game...the company in itself really has potential...but right now it’s extremely trash. You dont find out about anything until the customer tells you(management never knew when their own app had issues until enough customers called and complained..and good luck trying to find a manager competent to help when they barely know what they are doing..they give you a bs talk off which leads to the customer frustrated and angry))..I actually read reviews before accepting the job offer, thinking people were exaggerating...but THEY WERE NOT. Its hell. You have to do 3-5 job roles at once that you were barely trained on...doing way more work then what you are paid to do..managers dont know anything ethier..man to write out all of the cons I would need more space...accept if you have no other job offers...I had a few and choose this one. And I regret it...thanks for pointing out the star rating :) wouldnt want to lead people to think this is actually a great company when its not. Hopefully you guys will put just as much effort into being a better company behind the scenes as you do responding to honest reviews.

4 people found this review helpful

Principal Talent Brand Manager

We very much appreciate your feedback, as it helps us continuously improve as a company. We are very sorry to hear your experience at SoFi didn't meet your expectations. While all new hires joining the Operations team have formal training as part of their onboarding, we acknowledge there is room to create more scalable training resources. Let me assure you we are developing new initiatives that we will roll out this year. We have also just hired a Training and Development Leader to overhaul our manager training to ensure all managers have the tools and resources they need to create a supportive, inclusive work environment where their team can do the best work of their lives. Lastly, we continuously work to create opportunities to foster movement inside the organization while maintaining flexibility and agility. Sometimes, this means reallocating employees to where they are most needed to ensure we're able to meet the needs of our Members. We encourage you to reach out to us at glassdoor@sofi.org if you'd like to share more detail about your experience so we can improve in the future. We wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor.

4. 4.0

a

Jun 17, 2021 - Data Engineer in Helena, MT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work at with great benefits

Cons

Lack communication across other teams

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great benefits and perks, poor management.

Mar 12, 2021 - Member Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lunch stipend, quarterly bonus, free healthcare for most employees, working from home due to COVID-19. Great diversity and inclusion.

Cons

***10 WEEK pass or fail training*** MSR's are basically glorified call center agents. You answer to Workforce Management (WFM), not your manager. Your manager has no ability to go around what WFM says or does. Your schedule changes several times a day since WFM loves to push breaks around and/or add in random meetings last second. SoFi gives you plenty of PTO and sick time that you have to beg to be able to use, and if you have a last second emergency, best of luck to you, because they will not approve your PTO without a 3 day notice. Managers love to joke about the crash and burn lifestyle of working as an MSR for SoFi, but it isn't funny. The call volume DOES NOT allow for you to enjoy working from home because you are talking on the phone some 6/8 hours of the day. Your calls are constantly monitored and you are reprimanded on pretty much a weekly basis if you give the incorrect verbiage or information during a call. The money is fine, but it is NOT worth what you go through. Stay away.

2 people found this review helpful

Principal Talent Brand Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your SoFi experience with us; we're disappointed to hear your time on the Member Service Representative team hasn't met your expectations thus far. This role is an absolutely critical part of our mission to help our members achieve financial independence. Our goal is to create the best customer service in the industry, which means we are committed to ensuring our team members are available at all times of the day to address our members' needs. That said, we truly believe that our people are our biggest differentiator, and if we take care of them they will take care of our members. Our Workforce Management team regularly looks at data to anticipate when members will contact us, and we staff our team according to the demand. Our WFM and leadership team are in nearly constant contact to make sure we have the right team in place to meet the high volume of calls we receive. We are committed to equipping managers with the tools and resources they need to create an inclusive, supportive work environment where their team can do the best work of their lives. We would like the opportunity to directly address some of your concerns, so we encourage you to reach out to your PBP, a trusted executive, or email us at glassdoor@sofi.org to continue the conversation. We really appreciate the feedback.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Opportunity to learn and grow

Jun 2, 2021 - Head of Brand
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is the best growth opportunity anyone can earn! We have the chance to learn from a world class executive team while collaborating to solve some of the toughest challenges in fintech. While many competitors may claim to be building similar infrastructure, none have materialized. I love this team and am so excited to work with them to build the next iconic fintech brand!

Cons

Fresh horses we ride! Thank you team!

Principal Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for being on this incredible journey with us - we sincerely appreciate the feedback. We are changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance, which not only helps our 2+ million members, but offers many opportunities for our employees to develop and grow. We are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience, so if you have any additional thoughts to share, we encourage you to share them with your manager, PBP, or email us at glassdoor@sofi.org. Thanks for being a part of the SoFi family!

7. 5.0

Great Company

Jun 12, 2021 - Director in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

CEO is the best you could ask for

Cons

Work life balance is tough at times

Principal Talent Brand Manager

We see feedback as a gift, so thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your SoFi experience - we are so happy to hear it's been overall positive. We are biased but agree that Anthony Noto is the best in the business. His experience and passion for where we are going is infectious! Plus, we have a pretty amazing group of employees (like you!) who are helping to take SoFi to the next level. We understand this environment plus working from home over over the past 1.5 years has impacted work/life balance and we are developing programs to help address this. We look forward to sharing them with you. Thank you for being on this journey with us.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Steadily improving but still a ways to go...

Feb 9, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at SoFi for a few years. Over this time SoFi has improved fairly dramatically. Areas which have improved over time: -Getting better at ensuring a variety of viewpoints into our products -We are utilizing customer feedback more than ever to fix things -Our culture is improving as the old guard filters out -The excitement around the IPO is real -There's a big opportunity in front of us to improve peoples financial lives

Cons

While SoFi have improved in some areas, we do face the following challenges: -We are understaffed relative to our aspirations -We do not do a great job prioritizing what work is to get done -Executive micro-managing is a thing (because Exec X says so is a theme) -Career growth is a challenge due to slow growth plans in 2020/2021

3 people found this review helpful

Principal Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for the time you spent at SoFi and we appreciate you taking the time to share such a detailed review of your experience! We agree that we have an incredible opportunity to make a positive impact on people's lives. The next chapter in SoFi's growth evolution offers an opportunity for us to scale processes and create greater efficiencies for all teams. We’re always looking for ways to improve and evolve our technology, products, and organization to help set SoFi up for long-term success. If you have any additional details to share, we encourage you to send them to glassdoor@sofi.org. While you're no longer an employee, you'll always be a part of the SoFi family. Best of luck to you!

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

So many levels of toxicity

May 15, 2021 - Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pays well, half days on Friday

Cons

From management on down, this is a dysfunctional company. The CEO has zero charisma, can’t hire to save his life, and encourages bad behavior (eg, badgering people in public). The only thing that matters at the company is the bottom line, despite the fact that “Having a world-class culture” the the #1 corporate priority (oh, the irony). SoFi’s is a fear-based culture where being wrong can cost your job, so everyone looks over their should constantly. Even high performers fear for their jobs. I have actively told people to avoid this company, despite wanting my friends to find good jobs. Look elsewhere. You will not be happy here.

12 people found this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for the time you worked at SoFi, and for sharing an honest review of your experience. We're sorry to hear your experience didn't meet your expectations. We're proud of the leadership team we've built since Anthony Noto joined as CEO. Our focus on building a durable culture of diversity were people love to work is very intentional - while we have made great strides in this area, we know there is more work to be done. Ensuring this is a top priority for the entire company will help us get there. Building an amazing culture starts with leadership, and we have just hired a Training and Development Leader to overhaul our manager training to ensure all leaders have the tools and resources they need to create a supportive, inclusive work environment where their team can do the best work of their lives. We sincerely value your feedback - we see it as a gift that will help us continue to move SoFi in the right direction. We encourage you to email us at glassdoor@sofi.org if you have additional thoughts to share. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company with a member first mission and many opportunities

May 11, 2021 - Program Manager in Cottonwood Heights, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with SoFi for 3.5 years and have had the opportunity to work in Loan origination, PMO office, Home loans, and Loss Mitigation. Lots of opportunities! The benefits are the best compared to any other company I have worked for.

Cons

Does not offer 401K match yet

Principal Talent Brand Manager

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your SoFi experience - we're very happy to hear you've enjoyed the last 3.5 years with us. The rapid growth we're experiencing at a company-level continues to give employees opportunities to move around the organization, learn new skills, and most importantly...to GROW! We are thrilled to hear you've experienced this firsthand. We know 401k match is important to our employees and it is top of mind for our Benefits team as we continue to evolve our offerings. We welcome any additional feedback so we can continue to build a culture where people love to work, so if so inclined, we encourage you to reach out to your manager, PBP, or email us at glassdoor@sofi.org. We're so happy you're a part of the SoFi family!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 501 Reviews