KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 628 of over 677 reviews

3.8
SoFi CEO Anthony Noto
Anthony Noto

What people are saying about SoFi

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are great.(in 119 reviews)
  • "Some great people in various teams:(in 54 reviews)
  • "Great culture and network.(in 44 reviews)
  • "The pay is decent and most of the staff gets along.(in 28 reviews)
  • "My team was great and really helpful(in 21 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SoFi and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee
    Featured Review

Great culture, exciting stage, promising future

May 27, 2022 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

People here are highly motivated, competent, and supportive. We are at a really exciting time in the company's life cycle where there is a great foundation and still a lot of areas to build on and improve. For someone looking to grow their skills and influence outcomes, this is the time and the company.

Cons

Volatility can be hard to deal with. We're a relatively new industry and one of many vying for success in this space. Be ready to see your compensation fluctuate with the stock price. We also tend to take on a lot of work. It fits within a normal workday (there is not a culture of working nights, weekends, or holidays), but it makes each day very packed. It can be a bit much but is manageable if you set boundaries and your own priorities.

Principal Talent Brand Manager

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to share such a review of your time at SoFi. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying working here. We are biased, but agree that we work with some of the smartest, most kind, and hard working people in the industry. Our employees are resilient, dedicated, and extremely committed to our mission. We hear you on the volatility, especially given the current, world-wide economic uncertainty. Plus, changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance is hard work! We agree that while there's never a shortage of things to run after at SoFi, we hope you feel empowered to find the work/life balance that works for you. Thanks for the review, and for being on this journey with us.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sofi is an excellent company to work for.

Jun 9, 2022 - Consumer Loan Reviewer III in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and work environment.

Cons

Poor communication with upper management to lower management.

Principal Talent Brand Manager

First and foremost, thanks for being on this journey with us. We have ambitious goals and we are so grateful for our dedicated and hard working employees like you. Appreciate your review and are happy to hear you're enjoying your time at SoFi. Our quarterly OKR planning process is a way for leaders and management to align on shared objectives, but we acknowledge we have an area of opportunity around communication - this was also reflected in our most recent employee engagement survey, so rest assured we are looking for ways to improve. If you have any ideas, please share them! You can reach out to your PBP or email us at glassdoor@sofi.org. Thanks again for all you do for our Members - take care.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Sofi review

Jun 15, 2022 - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

good environment to work in.

Cons

opportunity for growth could be better

Principal Talent Brand Manager

Hi there! Thanks for sharing how it's going at SoFi, we're happy to hear you are enjoying the work environment. We've been intentional about creating spaces (virtually and in person) where our employees can thrive. Thanks for the feedback about growth opportunities - we hope you are aware of three comprehensive growth programs we have at SoFi - the Explorer Program, which is a 6-month stretch project where employees can learn a new role within Operations, our GROW Program, designed to give our underrepresented employees a mentor and advocate, and our Learning & Development career development resources, trainings, and support. Please reach out to your PBP or email us at glassdoor@sofi.org if you'd like more information about how to participate, or if you have any specific feedback to share about how we can do better. Thanks for all you do for SoFi and our members! Take care.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic Culture, Little Innovation

Jun 16, 2022 - Principal Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Perks Daily Lunch Shiny new building

Cons

Hard to get things done, little innovation happening Toxic Culture from several execs Hunger Games Attitude

2 people found this review helpful

Principal Talent Brand Manager

Hello - we sincerely appreciate your candor, and that you've taken the time to leave a review of your experience at SoFi. We're sorry to hear working here didn't meet your expectations. We know that building a world-class culture starts with excellent leadership, and we've made some exciting new changes to our Engineering, Product and Design team to ensure we can continue to innovate, and build and launch great products so we can help our members Get Their Money Right. You may have left before we announced our New Chief Technology Officer and Head of SoFi Corp, EPD, who's bringing decades of experience building and scaling technology organizations to SoFi, and will be leading our rapidly growing technology platform and strategy. If you have any other feedback to share, we welcome an email at glassdoor@sofi.org. Thanks for the time you dedicated to working at SoFi, and best of luck in your next endeavor. Take care.

5. 5.0

Fun Company!

Jun 1, 2022 - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company to come and get your hands dirty on new projects. You can really make a big impact here.

Cons

Working through growing pains for a newly public company

Principal Talent Brand Manager

Thanks for being a part of this journey with us, and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Our recruiting team is really shaping the future of SoFi, and we're so grateful for your hard work and dedication. Glad to hear you're enjoying your time at SoFi. We know that 401K matching and ESPP are a top priority for a lot of our employees. Rest assured this is top of mind for our Benefits and executive team as we continue to evolve our benefits offerings. We welcome any additional feedback on how we can improve the employee experience!

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stay Clear!

Jun 13, 2022 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Frisco, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, they pay for your health insurance.

Cons

Leadership is non existing, pay got cut several times. If leadership doesn't know the answer to a problem, they take the the easy way out and ignore you.

Principal Talent Brand Manager

First off - thank you for being on this journey with us, and for all you do to support our nearly 4 million members. We're glad you are enjoying some of the benefits we offer employees. That said, there have been no pay cuts nor are there any expected for this group. Rather, we have rolled out a new compensation plan for MLOs that has the potential to be even more lucrative than the existing plan. If you have any concerns, we highly encourage you to speak with our MLO leaders or reach out to your People Business Partner who can help better orient you with the new structure. We appreciate the review and hope to continue this conversation.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hare krishna

May 25, 2022 -  in Murray, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, smart people, lots of opportunities for growth and contributions.

Cons

Complacent engineers make it difficult to improve processes or bad code.

Principal Talent Brand Manager

First off, thank you for the 4+ years you have dedicated to working at SoFi. What a ride it's been. We really appreciate your honest feedback - glad to hear you are enjoying the culture, people, and can see the impact and opportunities for growth. We like to think our value of learn, iterate, and innovate gives our employees the space to fail, try again, and keep trying until until they find the most efficient, scalable way to do things, but we hear your feedback and hope you feel comfortable sharing this\ with your manager, your PBP, or on the employee engagement survey/action planning happening now. You can always reach out to our team at glassdoor@sofi.org, too! Thanks again, and take care.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Dont have medical issues

Jun 9, 2022 - Collections Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good pay if you work in the office you get free snacks.

Cons

I worked in the PL collections department, if you have heath issues they will seek to get rid of you, they do not work with you they say fix it in 30 days or we will let you go. Managers talk behind employees backs, even telling others about employees private heath issues.

Principal Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, and thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear your time at SoFi did not meet your expectations. That said - we do not seek to get rid of employees with health issues. We employ many employees with disabilities and we work with employees who request or evidence a need for accommodation on the appropriate accommodation based on their individual circumstances to ensure they are able to perform the essential functions of the job while taking care of their health. We do not have any sort of policy, practice or rule saying “fix it in 30 days or we let you go.” We work with individuals with performance issues individually to identify barriers to success and provide extensive coaching and opportunities to improve performance. Additionally, managers are trained to never discuss employees’ private health issues with others. Lastly, we have a highly trained benefits team that handles accommodation requests (not the manager) and engage a third party administrator to administer leaves of absence (again with no information provided to manager about the disability) to ensure we adhere to employee privacy laws. We wish you the best of luck, take care.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Making changes to ensure employee success

May 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth Opportunities, Lunch Card, Student Loan Payment Benefit

Cons

Extremely Fast Paced, Information cant travel quick enough

Principal Talent Brand Manager

We love feedback, it will only help us improve the employee experience. Thank you! We are happy to hear you are enjoying some of the benefits and perks we offer employees, and are seeing the opportunities for growth we have! Yes, we hear you on the pace, it's not for everyone. Employees really have to thrive in an ever-changing environment to enjoy working at SoFi. We hope you feel supported by your manager and team. We're on a mission to transform the way people think about and interact with personal finance, and we're so grateful you're on this journey with us. Take care.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

May 20, 2022 - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

if you are interested in fintech, its great to join.

Cons

i do not have comment.

Principal Talent Brand Manager

Sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your experience working at SoFi. We're so happy to hear you are enjoying it so far. Transforming the way people think about and interact with personal finance makes working at SoFi a really dynamic, exciting, and challenging place. If you have any additional feedback to help us improve the employee experience, please reach out to us at glassdoor@sofi.org. Thanks again, and take care!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 628 Reviews
</>Embed

SoFi Reviews FAQs

SoFi has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 677 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at SoFi to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SoFi employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SoFi. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

70% of SoFi employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SoFi 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SoFi to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, culture.

Popular Careers with SoFi Job Seekers