Solidus Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Solidus Owner Darlene Tucker
Darlene Tucker

1. "Software Engineer - contractor to Lincoln Laboratory"

Former Employee - Engineer in Acton, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Acton, MA

I worked at Solidus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well managed, thoughtful supplier of contract engineers. Perhaps the best benefit package of any contractor company. They go out of their way to provide support.

Cons

Hourly rate isn't as good as other companies, but the total package should be considered. If take-home pay is your priority, and you are willing to pay full-boat for your own benefits like medical insurance, Solidus isn't your company.

2. "Good people to work with and for."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lexington, MA

Pros

Company is very people oriented as evidenced by their excellent benefits.
    Work is interesting and challenging.
    Allways something new to learn.

Cons

The government contracting business has it's own mode of operation which can be overbearing. This reflects on the type of business not on Solidus.

Advice to Management

Recruiting staff should increase their knowledge of software terminology to improve translation between contract requirments and employee capabilities. Connect directly with hiring managers for better assessment of actual requirements vs. job descriptions which may be generic.

3. "Honest review of Solidus as a Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Solidus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Recruiters, HR, and management are great to work with. They will respond to you within 1/2 day. Several times within an hour.

Pay is right on par with the average pay for the area.

A very large pro is there benifits. Health insurance premiums is 100% paid by Solidus. Dental and Vision is 95% paid by Solidus. PTO is another great benifit. Ranges from 5 to 7 weeks of PTO. Depending on years of experience. I have seen Solidus allowing employees to go into the red for PTO. That shows there faith in thier employees.

Cons

I am being real honest here. I cannot come up with a single con. This is my only 2nd job in this line of work. So there might be a con, but I do not know about it.

Advice to Management

Please don't change twards the negative. I cannot see that happeneing. We can all improve, but I do not know what Solidus can do.

4. "Truly Unique Company"

Pros

I have never seen any company that is more honest and reputable in all of their interactions, with employees and with clients.

Cons

Supporting government contracts is a challenge and can cause disruption to otherwise smooth operations.

Advice to Management

Keep treating people the way you do. It is truly impressive!

"Bad handling of application"

I have been working at Solidus (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the attractions of this company was their benefits.

Cons

UNPROFESSIONAL handling of application. They force you to sign a 45-day resume exclusivity agreement before they do anything, they interrogate your references BEFORE there is any serious consideration for ANY job, and when you haven't heard anything back, they won't even respond to your emails when you try to find out what happened. If you want to work at MIT Lincoln Laboratory, DON'T use Solidus -- you'll be wasting your time!