Stelfox Reviews | Glassdoor

Liam Laffey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Consultant"

I worked at Stelfox full-time

Pros

Good opportunities for certain cliques, and people within each team.

Cons

I came back from London and even found that they were a bit demanding. No flexibility no matter how many fees you were doing. Painted everyone with the same brush, which allowed people to hide.

Advice to Management

Reward the high earners

"Shambles"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Stelfox part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Zero, spoofers from the outset including CEO and directors

Cons

List too long, lies, deceitful, favouritism, no company brand, bad name in the market and awful management. From the shambolic MD stems this awful culture of lies and false promises and the sheer number of employees that have left in the
    past 2 year says it all, no atmospshe and very old school approach to an ever changing industry! The management are all about themselves and have no interest in genuinely helping new recruits, after 3 months it was clear the flaws were very visible in Stelfox

Advice to Management

Won't listen and never will!!!

Aug 15, 2017 – Office and Marketing Administrator

This is disappointing to hear however, we have not had any part time employees in the last three years so you must have left us quite some time back. We currently offer all staff an excellent... More

3. "Good Company Culture, Nice And Smart People."

I have been working at Stelfox full-time

Pros

Good Company Culture, Nice And Smart People. Interesting, Challenging, Cool. Very good for gaining knowledge, experience. It is challenging but interesting.

Cons

Maybe shower facilities would make it easier when cycling into work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great service given to both candidates and staff.

Aug 15, 2017 – Office and Marketing Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are very happy to hear of your positive experience.

ps We would also love a shower, we are working on it :)

4. "Cant find much to fault!"

Current Employee - IT Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - IT Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Stelfox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stelfox has an extensive knowledge of IT recruitment and also whats going on in the Tech space in the Dublin market. They have continuous training to help people be more efficient and gives the tools that's needed to make the job as effective as possible. The client base is fantastic, from Global players with huge presence in the Irish market, Medium size companies with growth potential to IDA and Start Up companies that can offer something a little exciting for the right candidates.
    The management / leadership team are hands-on, always willing to listen and help with an "open door" policy (figure of speech, its open plan and sit in among the team).
    There is a nice personal touch too, should you need support for personal matters the management are understanding, that makes people want to give more and succeed in delivery of the projects.
    Work and best in class service is taken serious but there's an element of fun within the company too, social events, beer / wine fridge for evenings if you are working late or on a Friday to wind down for the weekend. We've fresh fruit for the taking on a daily basis too.

Cons

Nothing other then the usually monthly stresses that come with every recruitment company in the industry.

Advice to Management

Get people focused more on quality of cv's a less on KPI numbers, quality over quantity.

Aug 15, 2017 – Office and Marketing Administrator

It is also great to hear your feedback on our Learning and Development programmes as we... More

"Recruitment"

I have been working at Stelfox full-time

Pros

- Great central location
    - Nice and knowledgeable people, good training
    - Open-minded, understaning and supportive management
    - Great culture - they organize summer and Christmas parties, nights out, they're also involved in charities

Cons

- Base salary could be higher

Feb 1, 2017 – Office and Marketing Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave for your feedback. It's great to hear about your positive experience working at Stelfox so far; we wish you a successful career in the company.

"Perfect job for someone who wants to be in recruitment"

Former Employee - Graduate Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Graduate Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

Stelfox is an incredible place to work. The staff are all friendly people and a joy to be in the office. I had the pleasure of sitting next to CEO Liam during my brief stint here and some of the knowledge I learned from him has been valuable in my current job and will no doubt stick with me in the future.
    If you want to be a recruiter you can't go wrong getting a job here. You will be looked after. It was a really tough decision to leave.

Cons

Although I was only here a few weeks I left because I didn't enjoy being a recruiter. It simply wasn't the job for me.

Advice to Management

None. I thought you were some of the best managers I have dealt with.

Feb 3, 2017 – Office and Marketing Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave for your feedback, we genuinely appreciate your thoughts. It's great to hear about your positive experience working at Stelfox so far; we wish you a successful... More

"Top company, top people"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Stelfox full-time

Pros

People running the business genuinely look out for best interests of employees. I saw them help a lot of guys transition to a return to education, career changes, big life changes, etc when they wanted to move on after years of recruiting. Always seemed to put people above short term profit.

Thoroughly decent people. And good craic.

Considerable commission to be made.

Cons

It's recruitment - some people don't seem to get its a sales business. If you're not hungry to succeed, and want a cushy number instead, this isn't it - if that's your mindset you won't enjoy it.

Feb 2, 2017 – Office and Marketing Administrator

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. It is great to hear your positive remarks on management and senior staff. One of Stelfox’s competitive differentiators is the strength of our senior... More

"Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Stelfox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Central Location, bright offices, nice people - welcoming and once you're doing your work and following KPI's there is no problem.

Cons

A blame culture, management rarely look at themselves but blame the consultant. A weird environment, where social activity is now discouraged. Went from the best job, where independence and 'being friends' outside the office was encouraged to a robot environment where you individualism was a negative. Generally the positive culture at the beginning made up for a lower than average basic salary and poor commission structures but not anymore. Losing identity of business and have lost a lot of good people in the last 9 months.

Advice to Management

Replace the staff you have lost with strong, experienced consultants. Get back your identity. Recruitment is about results but it is also about having to freedom to achieve those result instead of being drowned by KPIs and box ticking.

Feb 3, 2017 – Office and Marketing Administrator

Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience at Stelfox was less than ideal. We are currently going through an exciting period of growth, and your feedback has been... More

"Great Place"

I have been working at Stelfox full-time

Pros

City Centre location, great staff, management are always happy to help, noone is unapproachable , really nice office space.

Cons

No showers on site makes cycling in difficult for some.

"Senior Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

Stelfox is hands down the best agency I have worked with since I started in recruitment 10 years ago. We have a quality client base and are the preferred supplier for the majority of tech companies in Dublin due to our proven track record of filling difficult roles.
    There is a great culture in Stelfox. We have monthly nights out, great summer and Christmas parties. We are also involved in 2 charities and get involved with events with them on a regular basis.
    Office location is central and there are great benefits offered-competitive commission, healthcare, pension, good annual leave allowance.

If you want a career in recruitment Stelfox will give you a great training and opportunity to progress quickly if you achieve your targets. There is a clear career path for each consultant & everyone is given as much support to achieve their goals and objectives.
    Having worked in other agencies there are no egos in Stelfox and its genuinely a team effort-people are willing to help you and want everyone to do well.

Cons

Shower facilities would be great!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!