Cover image for Synack

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Tremendous individual growth, Strong leadership, Exciting time to join

Jul 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you enjoy rolling up your sleeves, thrive in ambiguity, enjoy collaborating with talented individuals across teams, this is the right time for you to take that leap of faith. Amazing product and marketing of product, strong people team that drives for every hire to make a difference and a footprint in the success of Synack. Work life balance is spot on as well.

Cons

Honestly, not many cons come to mind. Start up feel is abundant, so make sure you are ready to work through some new processes or create one that could be well needed.

Synack Response

Thank you for taking the time to respond, we love receiving your feedback!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Old employee

Nov 10, 2022 - Enterprise BDR in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing manager, product and team

Cons

No pros as of right now

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. Join the Synack team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

World Class

Jul 8, 2022 - VP Sales in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am writing this, a) because its true and b) in response to a very critical review of my former employer that did not sit well. The review references some turnover including an RVP, me. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and here is mine. I just wrapped five enjoyable & lucrative years at Synack. I moved to a new opportunity as people do from time to time and I did that w/ some trepidation but with pride and a smile, knowing that I had worked with the best of the best, that’s a gift. There has never been a more exciting time in this space and Synack is the best crowdsourced PT platform in the market and a dynamite place to work and thrive. My review is anonymous, but it will take you 60 seconds to find me on LinkedIn. Please feel free to do that and DM me, I am happy to discuss Synack all day long. Best of luck in your diligence! Great company & family.

Cons

Its hard, thats why they call it work

7 people found this review helpful

VP, People

Thank you for always being such a huge cultural ambassador Bill! We miss you dearly around here.

5. 5.0

A Mature Company with Incredible Culture

Apr 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

While it’s hard to call Synack a startup anymore, the company has reached a new level of maturity. The challenges have shifted to those of scale and growth and less focus on product market fit. With that said, it’s an incredible product and a really impressive team. There is up-leveling going on throughout the organization but it feels really good to have new energy and blood with fresh ideas and many years of outside experience. There is a bright future ahead.

Cons

Honestly there aren’t many cons - I wish we would spend more time in person together but I think that will sort itself out in our post-COVID world.

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A nightmare

Sep 28, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

ok pay and thats all

Cons

chaotic disorganized very very disturbing company culture of negativity. company will not make any changes or look itself in the mirror and would rather call in favors to pad positive reviews. consider other options.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast Growing Cyber Company with an Amazing Culture!

May 25, 2022 - Marketing Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Synack is a fast growing cyber company that has a large customer base that loves us! Once customers turn us on, they rarely turn us off! Culture is amazing, no egos, no flash and leadership truly cares about employees.

Cons

We need to move faster!

VP, People

I couldn't agree more! Our customers love us, our product is premier and cutting edge, and our culture is second to none.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Solving a real world problem and providing it's employees a great work environment

May 11, 2022 - Federal Sales Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very creative product, solving a real problem for Government and Industry with a new approach. Friendly staff, great respect for employees, above average benefits. Intentional efforts are made for diversity and inclusion of people.

Cons

Nothing negative that you don't see at any other small tech company. They aren't throwing money at people, operating a bit frugile, but that is offset with the benefits and culture.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Incredible teams

May 23, 2022 - Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is incredibly willing to help each other, even cross function. It is the most unselfish group I have ever worked with.

Cons

While the pandemic has made it harder, all levels of the company should find ways to interact. Zoom is getting old!

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Jul 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun people to work with, flexible schedule, and great service/product.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time.

VP, People

We're so happy that you consider Synack a great place to work! I couldn't agree with you more that we have a great product and awesome people! If you ever experience any cons, please reach out so we can work through them together!

11. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Synack = Titanic

Jul 4, 2022 - Sales in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

At one point, Synack was the market leader in crowdsourced security.

Cons

As my pros portion states; Synack at one point led the market in crowdsourced security. It has since fallen behind to a distant third behind Bugcrowd and HackerOne due solely to continued poor decisions from leadership. Working in the sales department, I cannot attest to what goes on in other departments, however, from our end here is what I can say…this is not a sales driven org. Time and time again, several reps have expressed issues being relayed to us by customers. Time and time again, these issues are ignored and instead papered over with “Wonderful ideas” from leadership. The beauty of all of this is whenever something goes wrong it is always solely on the rep. If there is something successful, there is no recognition of the rep, but rather called a “Team win.” Leadership wants to gloss over the fact that we’ve had SEVERAL major losses this year alone: our head of partnerships of 8 years is gone, a regional VP is gone, and FIVE enterprise reps are gone. Many of us have left because we don’t feel like being scapegoats for leaderships continued failures. And, call it selfish, but being in sales, we want to make money. I can count on one hand the amount of reps who hit quota last year. Lastly, this org is toxic. All positive reviews as of late are from our HR team begging folks to write a positive review of the company on all hands calls. Gossip/rumors are tossed around like hot potatoes, people are thrown under the bus, and there is a MAJOR issue with condescension from everyone who believes Sales reps jobs are easy/we are all cheap and replaceable.

12 people found this review helpful

VP, People

I’m disappointed that your experience hasn’t been amazing. We changed the sales structure this year to align to our goal of growing our new business metrics. There is a great opportunity for sales directors with a hunter mentality to over-perform in this new structure. We recognize the new structure is not right for everyone and that’s ok. We’ve also welcomed new industry leaders into sales leadership roles who are just getting started. We couldn’t be more excited for the future! I see that you are a current tenured team member. If you are comfortable, I would love to meet to dig into your concerns a bit more. We strive to create a wonderful work environment for all of our Synackers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Reviews
</>Embed

Synack Reviews FAQs

Synack has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 137 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Synack to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Synack employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Synack. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

85% of Synack employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Synack 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Synack to be benefits, career development, senior leadership and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Synack Job Seekers