Synarbor Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Synarbor Group CEO Robyn Johnstone
Robyn Johnstone

1. "Great company to be a part of"

Current Employee - Consultant in City of London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in City of London, England (UK)

I have been working at Synarbor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been employed by Synarbor for the last 5 years and can say it is a great company to work for. The management team give you the support you need and will always try and help if its needed. The commission structure is very good and uncapped so you can earn as much as you want to earn.

Cons

Nothing major to report, the pros out weigh the cons

2. "Great career move for me!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Synarbor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Exceptional earning potential unmatched by competitors (uncapped earning) - Strong, Professional and established management team - Very clear goals and lots of support to achieve them - Work hard, play hard culture - Individual billing but with a strong team ethos

Cons

No specific cons to discuss - fantastic company to be part of. Same cons as any recruitment company but with much stronger pros and better benefits!!

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring! Carry on supporting staff to achieve their potential. Maintain the sense of teamwork.

Sep 30, 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you for the positive review, it is much appreciated! It's important that we continue to have fun and promote the team culture, so thank you. Regards, David Evans - MD

3. "Big Rewards For Hard Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at Synarbor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Synarbor over the last five years, and although a lot is expected of you in order to succeed, this is nothing that isn't expected in any recruitment role.
    This is a forward thinking recruitment business where you truly will reap the rewards if you're prepared to put in the effort.
    With an exciting future ahead of us, I can only see an even better future for myself, with a supportive Senior Management team and a strong team spirit across the company, I look forward to an even brighter five years ahead!

Cons

Non e at this time

Sep 30, 2015 – Managing Director

That's an excellent review to read and very encouraging to hear your thoughts on how you are currently being supported. Having now completed the sale, we are hard at work looking at all of the ways ... More

5. "Work hard for the best"

Current Employee - Head of Science/Acting SENCO in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at Synarbor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Emma and her team work hard to support all their candidates. I feel honored to have meet them, who put me on the right path back to teaching, when I felt I had, had enough.
    Positive, professional, friendly and approachable.

Cons

Not the highest pay, but most reliable contracts

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. "Sales Director - North"

I have been working at Synarbor full-time

Pros

Synarbor is a large, successful Plc, but has retained its ethos and values with regards to its employees. Everyone in the business it here to support from Senior Management to Director level - and will work and support consultant directly. Everything is geared to making everyone successful and there are many ways in which the company recognises and rewards not only success but doing a really good job.
    The difference between other companies I have work for is that they put PEOPLE FIRST.
    A great company to work for!!!

Cons

So far I have found no cons - this is a great place to work.

7. "4 month review"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)

Pros

I’ve been with Synarbor (working in a Supply Desk office) for 4 month now. So far I have found the local and regional staff very supportive to work with. Unlike other agencies I’ve found Synarbor offers the right level of structure and support, while managing to avoid the tendency to micro manage staff.
    If you’re looking for a company that will challenge and push you to develop as a consultant I would recommend this one.

Cons

Long hours are expected by management.

8. "Good company, good work ethic"

Current Employee - Resourcer in North Watford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Resourcer in North Watford, England (UK)

I have been working at Synarbor full-time

Pros

Really good atmosphere in the office, good working environment, good management and opportunities for career progression

Cons

Could do with more training on the system, but this is minor as I am being taught as I go, I would also like more opportunity to challenge myself more

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

9. "Some Good People, Awful training, and awful work life balance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Synarbor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some great people employed by Synarbor that make the long working day a bit more tolerable (7am to 6pm)

Cons

There is no training on the role. The targets set n the short term should be set after a comprehensive training period that most recruitment companies provide

Advice to Management

Invest in your new starters

Sep 30, 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you firstly for taking the time to complete a review and provide us with some feedback, it is much appreciated. We are genuinely sorry that it didn't work out for you with Synarbor. As you ... More

"Forward thinking company with great team spirit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Synarbor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast pace environment to work in, ahead of the game/competition on most fronts so has the advantage over other companies which makes the job easier and more satisfying.
    Strong management team, willing to listen and take on board ideas and comments from all levels of staff. very open.

Cons

Long hours not suitable for everyone but does have rewards in respect to overall earning potential and as a we're based on school year, shorter hours in school breaks.

Advice to Management

Keep the open door policy for new ideas and comments

11. "Overseas Group"

Current Employee - UK Resourcer in Brisbane (Australia)
    Current Employee - UK Resourcer in Brisbane (Australia)

Pros

The opportunities to be creative and contribute ideas, the culture, working with people who are equally as passionate about education and supplying high quality educators, the opportunity for travel, the opportunity to grow and develop as a professional.

Cons

No cons that I can think of