Systel Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Jai Gulati

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Electrical Engr Support/System Configuration"

Former Employee - Engineer Electronic Support Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer Electronic Support Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at Systel (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very Challenging and the opportunity to use the latest Hardware

Cons

On many Product deadlines there are time when there isn't sufficient time to work out errors incurred.

Oct 10, 2016 – Sr. Manager Operations

Thank you. Loved your review. We are working on the feedback.

2. "Great company great pay great"

Pros

Easy job meeting clients and working on contracts

Cons

Long hours and lots of driving

Advice to Management

Better training

3. "Company with Rich Culture & Amazing workforce"

Current Employee - Employee Relations Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Employee Relations Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Systel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its been 4 years with Systel and has been a rich & insightful journey. Systel provides great environment for work and learning. Professionalism can be seen across the entire workforce which goes from Leadership till trainees.

Cons

Nothing negative to speak but as we know that no Organization is perfect, the same goes with Systel. Organizations need continuous improvement and support from management & employees.

Advice to Management

Leadership & Management work closely with the employees and request them to continue the same.

4. "Good Company To Work"

Current Employee - Resource Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Resource Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Systel (Less than a year)

Pros

good working environment , i love to work with

Cons

all of them is good only i felt bad is with the infrastructure of offshore office

Oct 10, 2016 – Sr. Manager Operations

We have worked on the infrastructure now at the New Hi-tech City Office. How do you like it?

5. "Awesome and Wonderful Environment to Work !"

Current Employee - Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Systel full-time

Pros

Very good environment to work. Here employees and Management are very cooperative. I have learnt so many important things which are useful in my career. They have given me an awesome career.

Cons

they should do some training programs to upgrade along with the technology !

"Resource specialist"

Current Employee - Senior Resource Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Resource Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Systel full-time

Pros

Training programs were good, on technologies java , Hyperion

Cons

promotions, benifts, leadership team werer good

"Friendly and nice staff to work with"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Cary, NC

I have been working at Systel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and nice staff to work with.

Cons

I had to give up $1/hr to get benefits and they don't offer any type of PTO

Advice to Management

Offer PTO

"Undervalued"

Pros

In my role I am able to be out in he field (territory) 3 days a week. I am able to meet with potential clients and discuss their business and their goals. I am able to do a comprehensive analysis and offer solutions to help improve efficiencies and/or elevate productivity. Most of the time I able to offer solutions that can reduce or control costs and handle pain points they may not have been aware of. I act as a consultant to help them focus on growing their business and to reduce concerns with workflow management. I am thrilled to be able to have such a comprehensive suite of products to help companies thrive.

Cons

The biggest challenge is trying to learn a new field with very little guidance from seasoned reps. The sales executives are very divided. The seasoned reps or inaccessible and all though there are many resources within the company, they are so overworked that it is very difficult to engage them in situations. As a new sales executive, it Is very difficult to stay positive and focus on growing my client base due to the gross underpayment (base salary). This company, on average pays $15,000 less per year for a base salary than most every other company in NC. As so many of us feel under appreciated and under valued we have trouble finding the strength to survive the first 6 months. There is no assistance to help a new rep, monetarily, while they are on ramp up. Also, at .30 cents a mile for using our personal cars to work it is a real strain to keep my vehicle maintained and gassed up. All technicians get company vehicles which they have to drive until it reaches 200,000 miles, but those of us bringing in the business are treated poorly. Honestly, I have gone into debt these first months trying to build my business. We have been out of the office almost three weeks in the first 3-4 months for training which again does not lend to growing our business. if we were treated with respect and taken care of, productivity would increase. I have to use government funded assistance just put food on my table and keep a roof over my head.

Advice to Management

Valued employees who can focus on their jobs... Will work harder and smarter for you if they aren't trying to figure out how they are going to put gas in their vehicles, food on the table and clothes on their back. At another job when my pay was much higher I was so much more productive and willing to go the extra mile for my company. I still always sing the praises of the company that paid fairly and awarded me along the way. Stop talking about how many houses you have and how inconvenient it is when you have to fly your private plane to a branch. We are literally having to borrow money and go in debt to work here. We have to use government assistance to make it through these early months and I assure you you are not creating a warm enviornment where we will fight for this company or you. You are creating tension and resentment. A fair wage or even a base salary higher for the first year as we develop our client base would go a long way to company loyalty and creating a work enviornment that will breed success. And for the love of god in the first 90 days (again where people are most in need) don't refuse to pay us for a holiday and not give us the option to work. Missing a day of meager pay is much more impactful than you can imagine.

"Great company"

Pros

Systel is the best company I have every worked for.

Cons

Promotions and worklife balance are limited

Thanks a ton !!

"Sr.JAVA Developer"

Former Employee - Lead Java Developer in Flo, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Java Developer in Flo, TX

I worked at Systel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Marketing team is good, but lack of gaps between them

Cons

eed to increase the number of Direct clients, bcz at the time of hiring they used to say ,we have openings with direct client, but so many layers between them...

Advice to Management

please do not play with OPT candidates