TMG Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

TMG Concepts President and founder Sam Chen
Sam Chen
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great environment with fast growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Independence, OH
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Independence, OH

I have been working at TMG Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like this company for few reasons.
    1) This position is hourly base and I got the chance to earn commission on top. I had couple of paychecks over $1k per week. It gives me lots of motivation to make more money when I work harder. Also, it gives me some safety net with hourly wage if I got any bad weeks( glad that it only happened once).
    2) I don't have to walk door to door to promote the service( I did it before, and I didn't like it). We present the service for our client inside the retail store.
    3) I got my leadership promotion within 3 weeks in the company. I don't have to wait for the promotion based on seniority. It's all on me.
    4) Love the environment. Everyone gets along well here.

Cons

Got a lot of rejections with the job itself. If you can't handle the rejection, it's not for you.
    The job is required to work on the weekend, but I still got 2 days off every week.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work! Hire more good people.

2. "Dreams"

Former Employee - Leader in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Leader in Independence, OH

I worked at TMG Concepts full-time

Pros

Fun place to work. Super positive energy most of the time. Good intro into sale kind of job. Learn a lot of good sales and self presentation tactics.

Cons

Make almost no money first two weeks because you spend most of your time shadowing your "leader" for small $10-$25 commission bonuses (you really only 'need' to shadow for a couple hours to get how it's done).

Absolutely no earning potential. Best people in the office have been their for month or even years and only average $400-$700 per week.

Everyone blows your head up with the idea that you are going to train 10 successful sales people and run your own office in 12-15 months. With this lack of earning potential no good sales people stick around for more than 2 months. It's an almost impossible task to run your own office.

Advice to Management

Keep the energy and dedication. Set realistic goals for your employees.

Nov 23, 2017 – President

Thank you for your feedback on your past experience.
    This review is not related to others as it is with our past client. Last year, our company represented a client that did not provide a paid... More

"MLM Scheme"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cleveland, OH

I worked at TMG Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, this is a pyramid scheme

Cons

Selling random products in a Sams Club or Walmart, or even worse going door-to-door for 10 hours a day.

Don't fall for this.

Advice to Management

Read up on solicitation and harassment laws.

Jul 17, 2017 – President

I am sorry that our company had this impression on you the 3 weeks you had been in training. We work side by side with Fortune 500 companies that provide a full time opportunity with a healthy pay... More

4. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in Solon, OH

I have been working at TMG Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They train all the new people!

Cons

Long hours but nights & 2 days off

Advice to Management

Both managers are really nice and help you with knowing everything in the training classes. They really want to see you get promoted to get more bonuses and they have fun doing it! I've never worked in a close team environment, it's cool.

"Its A Scam."

I worked at TMG Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly but even snakes look as if they are smiling so.

Cons

I asked questions about the pay and it was blown off as If nobody knew and turned into well next interview. Which would be from 8:45 until 5 no interview is that long that is orientation. But if you call it a second interview you don't have to pay anyone for it. Its a scam

Advice to Management

Be honest tell people upfront that this is door to door sales. And commission based. Not cool at all

Aug 4, 2016 – President

Reviewer clearly never worked for TMG Concepts full-time. If they had, they would know that the purpose of the second interview is to give candidates the opportunity to see exactly what they would be... More

6. "Awesome opportunity!!!"

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at TMG Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Literally the best job I've ever had! Everyone from the girl up front to the president of the company were so helpful and truly cared! Everyone there was really supportive! Loved working here! It was a shame I had to move out of state or I would still be there! Wonderful management opportunity!

Cons

You have to work hard for your money; but it makes it worth so much more.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Keep growing and keep having fun!

7. "Please judge for yourself"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at TMG Concepts full-time

Pros

unlimited income potential; upbeat environment; lots of positivity; management and team leaders highly skilled and knowledgeable; thorough and ongoing training; challenges you to go outside your comfort zone and become better; weekends, evenings, and holidays off; growth potential (can move up in a short time); team atmosphere where everyone supports each other; fun events; opportunity for travel; involved with charity

Cons

it is not for everyone; must be willing to learn and take direction from management and team leaders in order to improve skill set (not a con for me, but certainly for some people); have to have strong work ethic; positive attitude a must (this is difficult for some)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"A phony "company""

I worked at TMG Concepts full-time

Pros

All of the employees are friendly and supportive of each other. The team treats each other with a lot of respect.

Cons

Paid only when you sell something (no base salary). Expected to drive all day (without being reimbursed for fuel). At the end of the day, expected to return to office. Small bathroom.

Advice to Management

Stop claiming to be a business consultant. Your company sells paper - cleaning products, essentially anything. You are a sales oriented company, not a consulting company.

"Make your own decision based on first-hand information!!!"

Current Employee - Bamf in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Bamf in Solon, OH

I have been working at TMG Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have to say first off that the manager is very experienced and the hardest worker I've ever seen. He genuinely cares about everyone who works for his company. His grammar is sometimes off because English is his second language, and the reviewer who criticized him for that is way off-base--I won't say racist, but... that would probably not be unfair to say.

This is an excellent company for you if you identify with any of the following:
    -highly competitive, driven by competition
    -looking for an upbeat, friendly, fun environment
    -motivated by recognition
    -money motivated
    -you're looking for a company that's growing, NOT downsizing, so you don't have to worry about getting laid off!!!
    -you're the type of person who wants to start their own business someday, you want to earn the right to be your own boss
    -natural leader, desire to build something through helping others achieve their goals
    -outgoing, great interpersonal communication
    -you understand how the business world works
    -you're looking to get training and experience in sales and leadership
    -you're the hardest worker wherever you work
    -you want control of your income and your future
    -you have a positive attitude toward new experiences and you're willing to get out of your comfort zone because that's where growth happens
    -If you're interested in getting into business for yourself but it seems like the business world is closed off to you because you lack experience, capital, connections/investors, etc.

If you are curious about the position but thrown off by the negative reviews on here, there's an easy way to get the information you need, first hand, to know for sure if this is a good company for you. Apply, call, talk to them, go in for an interview. Maybe you'll decide it's not for you. That's OK! Just don't listen to the haters and miss out on a potential opportunity.

Cons

You have to be driven. That's it, really. If you're not driven, this company is not for you. And that's OK--it's not for everyone. It takes all kinds of people to make the world go around. But to work for TMG, you have to be hungry to move up and advance and/or you have to be hungry to learn. If you've ever turned down an opportunity to take on more responsibility because of the extra work, this is probably not the right company for you. That's OK. It doesn't make you a loser, and it doesn't make the company a scam.

Advice to Management

Delegate social media management to someone who can keep the grammar police happy.

"Don't be fooled"

I have been working at TMG Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing is good about working for this company. The owner posts frequently to the companies social media pages and can't even use proper English Grammar.

Cons

There are long hours of work with little generally (no) pay. In the beginning everything sounds amazing and that everything works out. Nothing works out with this company and you would be lucky to make any money each pay period. Again, don't be fooled.

Advice to Management

Learn how to use proper English grammar.