KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

16 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Base salary is low compared to the rest of the industry(in 30 reviews)
  • "pay is low in relation to the amount of work you do and in relation to how much money the company makes(in 13 reviews)
  • "bad managers, the HR justifies bad and violence behavior(in 12 reviews)
  • "Favoritism is a huge issue here, newer employees may find it very difficult or impossible to advance into the roles they're best suited for and the company is very stingy with wages despite the massive revenue numbers that are boasted.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Lack of a clear career path despite all the opportunities(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Veteran Status

This rating reflects the overall rating of Taboola and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Best company I have ever worked for

Apr 19, 2022 - Team Lead, Publisher Account Managemer in Madrid
    Business Outlook

Pros

Taboola's internal culture is unbelievable healthy: people are there for each other to help each other. We truly all work together and achieve our goals together - there is no such thing as a toxic environment as I have experienced in many other Martech companies. Taboola appreciates and rewards it's employees fairly and generously: People are encouraged to to their best, beat records, achieve the impossible and they are recognised, compensated and rewarded accordingly. It's also a company where you are encouraged to be yourself and bring all your singularities as they're seen as the strengths that build our strong/diverse team, regardless of your background, ethnicity etc. and the company is truly committed with diversity and inclusion. We work very hard ,yes, but we also have a lot if fun, have excellent relationships with our clients, with different teams and regions from Taboola around the world, with our leadership, managers, etc. One other thing I really appreciate is Taboola's leadership: it's very transparent and communications flows well: we all know what's going on, and hierarchy exists to have clear ways of working together but from C-level down to bottom line "soldier" people are very approachable and there to help in any way they can. We work together on the challenges and celebrate the successes, and learn and grow together.

Cons

Historically Taboola hasn't been as great at managing under performers as they have been great at managing over achievers - but this has drastically changed.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work at

May 20, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Supportive environment and company culture - work life balance - Intelligent and dedicated coworkers - Everything is very organized and well structured -Perks like free lunch every day, company movie night, fun team buildings etc

Cons

Some teams can be working a little more on diversity when doing recruiting

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to work, still a long way to go

Apr 22, 2022 - Media Account Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Taboola was a great place for me to start my career at. I got exposure to clients and campaigns that I definitely wouldn’t have gotten at larger companies which helped me get very invaluable experience. The biggest pro about Taboola is it’s people management (at least for their account management team). My managers truly cared about my success, both personally and professionally. The culture and perks are very good, especially for a company of it’s size. The pre-pandemic trips to other countries were great and the office perks as well. Your coworkers (like your managers [at least on the account management side]) also were very invested in everyone’s success and were willing to help anyone out at a moments notice. The work life balance was also great. Sure, there are some times where you have fire drills and have to stay on a little late, but overall, you are pushed to sign off when you’re supposed to, use your vacation days, etc. which I greatly appreciated. There are definitely cons, but my experience was overall positive.

Cons

Taboola is a company that is heavily focused on it’s publisher partnerships, and that is where the majority of it’s resources have gone, historically. Because of this, and despite an increase in investment in the media side in 2019, the advertising product is just not where it needs to be for Taboola to achieve it’s growth goals, especially with big six agencies and large enterprise brands. The product is currently made to support what Taboola is unfortunately known for (arbitragers and affiliates), and it can be tough for many large brands to see success on it, from both a logistical perspective and a performance perspective. Taboola’s goal is to be considered a “must buy” in the advertising world, and to be honest I feel like they are still far away from doing that. At least from a product perspective.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Truly a Collaborative Environment

Feb 18, 2022 - Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the nicest and most helpful people I've ever worked with. You can approach anyone with questions or ideas, and senior management is very accessible to all Taboolars. The perks are great as well. Not just the breakfast/lunch in the office, but also the swag, bonuses, and events. It's a place where you don't have to ask permission, you can just do.

Cons

You'll probably gain a few pounds thanks to the well-stocked kitchen. It's very fast-paced, so you have to enjoy that kind of environment or you will be quickly overwhelmed.

5. 2.0

Stark Decline Past Couple of Years

Feb 8, 2022 - Enterprise Account Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of people who leave go to FAANG companies so there is a strong pipeline there. Annual sales conference was the best perk but that has been remote the due to COVID. Hopefully it comes back! There also used to be breakfast, lunch, and drinks in the office. These have all been pulled back.

Cons

Salary is not competitive. Especially if you've been here a couple of years. Only the favorites get raises. Everyone else gets 3%. Come in at a number you're comfortable being at for your entire time here. Also account managers have sales quotas here which is bizarre.

Taboola Response

Thanks for sharing your review of your time at Taboola. We're sorry to hear you've had such a negative experience. We appreciate your thoughtful suggestions for improvement, have you shared them with your manager, HRBP, or team lead? If you haven't, we encourage you to do so. Regarding your comments on compensation; our top performers will be rewarded differently due to our pay for performance model. If you feel you’ve been treated unfairly, please reach out to your HRBP to discuss. Breakfast, lunch, and drinks are still available in the New York office. The pandemic necessitated changes in how we provide these perks, but they are still part of our office culture. If you haven't been in recently, we encourage you to check it out.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great atmosphere! Happy people :)

Feb 20, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good atmosphere, good people, fun to work with, nice to work in a successful company, lot of swags

Cons

Currently the stock price is low

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

nice

Mar 1, 2022 - Client Sucess Manager in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

pretty cool people to work with

Cons

should be more remote work

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Review

Feb 14, 2022 - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly coworkers Great location Innovative Creative More freedom in meetings

Cons

Too much noise Small team Volatile stock Figure it out yourself culture Long working hours

9. 5.0

Love it here

Feb 1, 2022 - Media Account Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balance, training and onboarding, cross-functional collaboration, transparency from upper management

Cons

no cons to share :)

1 person found this review helpful

Taboola Response

We're delighted to hear that you are so happy here at Taboola!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to learn marketing as a whole and how other brands go to market

Mar 6, 2022 - Media Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working along the most incredible team

Cons

Start up culture, must be okay with constant change and lack of structure

Viewing 1 - 10 of 458 Reviews

Taboola Reviews FAQs

Taboola has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 502 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Taboola to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Taboola employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Taboola. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

86% of Taboola employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Taboola 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Taboola to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Taboola Job Seekers