Talascend Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Technical Recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Troy, MI

I worked at Talascend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My favorite thing about Talascend was truly the people - they are friendly and the company does offer the "family feel" that I've been told you can't get at other agencies. It's a great place to learn and grow, if you want to put the time in and you have a solid work ethic, and are on a team where a manager actually cares about your success, you can do very well. Once you prove yourself, you are trusted, liked, and not micro-managed. The managers who are strong at Talascend, are very strong and they care about their employees and will help in whatever way you need them to. In 2016, a new President took over and he genuinely seems to care about the success of Talascend, solving issues, and making it a better place to work, which was refreshing. Overall, I enjoyed my time at Talascend.

Cons

With pros there are always cons - these are things that I noticed during my time with Talascend. The "family feel" carries over into allowing certain behaviors that wouldn't be tolerated in other companies and people are not always held accountable for their actions; instead of being reprimanded it is over-looked. There isn't much room for growth other than title changes and pay increases are made to seem very impressive, but they aren't anything special. Pay your employees who are successful and have proved themselves better than the new people you bring in. There are some leaders who set their teams up for failure by not providing proper training or help when someone asks for it - there were plenty of times I saw employees wanting to succeed and they weren't given the help to succeed (these are people who wanted to be good at recruiting, not those who found out it wasn't for them).

Advice to Management

Keep working to make the culture and environment stronger and more appealing - marketing is doing a great job! New business is the best way to get new employees (Recruiters like to be busy), make a solid effort to find new clients, not just revive old ones. If employees aren't doing well, maybe look at your leaders and provide management training to them to help assure that they know how to lead a team. Just because someone has 10+ years of experience and is a really nice person, doesn't mean they are a good leader. There are Recruiters in the company who should be leading, but they aren't.

Mar 23, 2017 – Director, Global Marketing and Communications

This is excellent feedback and we really appreciate the time you took to provide thoughts on what we are doing right and also what we can do further to make Talascend the best! No matter how... More

2. "Quality technician"

Former Employee - Quality Control in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Quality Control in Troy, MI

I worked at Talascend (More than a year)

Pros

Professional people who try hard to place you in a good assignment.

Cons

Nothing that really stands out.

May 31, 2017 – Director, Global Marketing and Communications

We really appreciate your time to review Talascend. If there is anything you should need in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thanks again for your kind words and best of luck... More

3. "Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Talascend full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Talascend for almost 5 years now and I can not express how grateful I am to work for this company. They truly appreciate hard work and value their employees. I have had some major life changes in the past few years, and they were not only understanding but have gone above and beyond to allow me to still continue my career while managing my personal life. This is the first employer I have had who really meant "family comes first" when they say it.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

Mar 23, 2017 – Director, Global Marketing and Communications

Wow, thank-you for this review. We absolutely understand that life happens and wish you all the best as you work though everything you need to on a personal level. It is employees like you that... More

"I was contracted through Talascend to work for Bechtel"

I worked at Talascend full-time

Pros

You get paid through the same portal at the same time as regular employees.

Cons

You don't get paid time off., but you earn 8 hours approximately every 6 weeks. You don't earn any vacation pay until nearly a year. Also, once this project ended there were no more positions through Talascend in this area or any other area I was able to move.

Mar 23, 2017 – Director, Global Marketing and Communications

We appreciate your time to review our company. As we all know, the Oil & Gas industry has gone through some challenging times and if you were working on a project in that capacity, we are very sorry... More

"Past Employee"

I worked at Talascend full-time

Pros

This company is flexible with work life balance

Cons

This company has high turnover

Mar 23, 2017 – Director, Global Marketing and Communications

Thank you very much for your review.

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Mobile, AL

I worked at Talascend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Mobile office works as a family. There is of course a sense of competition, but it is a very supportive environment. When I was there all of the recruiters in the office were in the top 10. There was always flexibility and training for anyone who asks for it. One of my favorite places to work BY FAR. I still like to keep in touch with my coworkers and visit when I go home.

The compensation was more than fair and I had plenty of opportunities to make as much money as I wanted. The office was given perks throughout the year - day off before long holiday for meeting a goal, potlucks, parties... lots of fun!

Cons

No office in Denver :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I still talk about the exceptional management I experience while at MKK. Ron was the most down to earth CEO I have ever met. He is genuinely interested and involved in his employees lives and professional development.

Dec 16, 2016 – Director of Recruiting, National Accounts - MSP

We really love hearing from our past employees and certainly share in your belief of our culture here at Talascend. Thanks for the kind words and feedback. We'll be sure to let you know when that... More

7. "?????"

Pros

Great foundation to build something great but to many empty suits.

Cons

Empty suits pointing fingers rather than solving problems and taking responsibility. Obvious issues that require little to fix become real problems. Feelings rather than facts become decisions.

Advice to Management

Again, great foundation with tons of data. Make decision from actionable data and lead by example.

Dec 22, 2016

Thank you for your review. I agree with you about our strong foundation and, unlike most, we have a tendency to lead with our hearts here at Talascend. Having said that, our goal is to use data and... More

8. "Quality engineer"

Pros

Good place to work and excel

Cons

No 410k match for 8 years

Sep 19, 2016 – Director, Global Marketing and Communications

We really appreciate your time to review and thank you for the positive rating.

9. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Troy, MI

I have been working at Talascend full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talascend has provided me an opportunity to learn, be part of a community, and become successful. Management has been incredibly supportive and has been willing to be flexible and accommodating. The addition of flex hours has allowed for a good balance of work and home life. I feel like I'm given space to work but still have support and help if and when it's needed. I enjoy coming to work everyday because I enjoy what I do and the people I work with.

Cons

Being a recruiter can be a repetitive and somewhat discouraging job at times. So much of our success is dependent on other people.

Advice to Management

Continue to give us a variety of jobs and trust us to do our best. Variety helps break up the day and allows for success. Give us the space to figure things out on our own.

Sep 21, 2016 – Director, Global Marketing and Communications

We love to hear feedback like this and thank you so much for your trust in us and respect for the entire Talascend organization! We have absolute faith in our collective teams and the hard work... More

10. "great employer who values their employees"

I have been working at Talascend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

With the recent changes in leadership, Talascend has truly re-established itself as a great employer who values their employees and listens to what is important to them, constantly seeking new ways to engage and maintain a high level of energy.

Cons

No present cons to list.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and valuing your culture

Aug 17, 2016 – Director, Global Marketing and Communications

We thank you greatly for taking the time to provide feedback on the ongoing initiatives we have in place to make Talascend the greatest recruiting organization the world over. It is people like you... More