Talascend Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ron Wood

1. "I was contracted through Talascend to work for Bechtel"

I worked at Talascend full-time

Pros

You get paid through the same portal at the same time as regular employees.

Cons

You don't get paid time off., but you earn 8 hours approximately every 6 weeks. You don't earn any vacation pay until nearly a year. Also, once this project ended there were no more positions through Talascend in this area or any other area I was able to move.

2. "Past Employee"

I worked at Talascend full-time

Pros

This company is flexible with work life balance

Cons

This company has high turnover

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Mobile, AL

I worked at Talascend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Mobile office works as a family. There is of course a sense of competition, but it is a very supportive environment. When I was there all of the recruiters in the office were in the top 10. There was always flexibility and training for anyone who asks for it. One of my favorite places to work BY FAR. I still like to keep in touch with my coworkers and visit when I go home.

The compensation was more than fair and I had plenty of opportunities to make as much money as I wanted. The office was given perks throughout the year - day off before long holiday for meeting a goal, potlucks, parties... lots of fun!

Cons

No office in Denver :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I still talk about the exceptional management I experience while at MKK. Ron was the most down to earth CEO I have ever met. He is genuinely interested and involved in his employees lives and professional development.

Dec 16, 2016 – Director of Recruiting, National Accounts - MSP

We really love hearing from our past employees and certainly share in your belief of our culture here at Talascend. Thanks for the kind words and feedback. We'll be sure to let you know when that ... More

5. "?????"

Pros

Great foundation to build something great but to many empty suits.

Cons

Empty suits pointing fingers rather than solving problems and taking responsibility. Obvious issues that require little to fix become real problems. Feelings rather than facts become decisions.

Advice to Management

Again, great foundation with tons of data. Make decision from actionable data and lead by example.

Dec 22, 2016

Thank you for your review. I agree with you about our strong foundation and, unlike most, we have a tendency to lead with our hearts here at Talascend. Having said that, our goal is to use data and ... More

6. "Quality engineer"

Pros

Good place to work and excel

Cons

No 410k match for 8 years

Sep 19, 2016 – Director, Global Marketing and Communications

We really appreciate your time to review and thank you for the positive rating.

7. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Troy, MI

I have been working at Talascend full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talascend has provided me an opportunity to learn, be part of a community, and become successful. Management has been incredibly supportive and has been willing to be flexible and accommodating. The addition of flex hours has allowed for a good balance of work and home life. I feel like I'm given space to work but still have support and help if and when it's needed. I enjoy coming to work everyday because I enjoy what I do and the people I work with.

Cons

Being a recruiter can be a repetitive and somewhat discouraging job at times. So much of our success is dependent on other people.

Advice to Management

Continue to give us a variety of jobs and trust us to do our best. Variety helps break up the day and allows for success. Give us the space to figure things out on our own.

Sep 21, 2016 – Director, Global Marketing and Communications

We love to hear feedback like this and thank you so much for your trust in us and respect for the entire Talascend organization! We have absolute faith in our collective teams and the hard work ... More

8. "great employer who values their employees"

I have been working at Talascend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

With the recent changes in leadership, Talascend has truly re-established itself as a great employer who values their employees and listens to what is important to them, constantly seeking new ways to engage and maintain a high level of energy.

Cons

No present cons to list.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and valuing your culture

Aug 17, 2016 – Director, Global Marketing and Communications

We thank you greatly for taking the time to provide feedback on the ongoing initiatives we have in place to make Talascend the greatest recruiting organization the world over. It is people like you ... More

9. "Better than working for the competition"

Pros

Leadership (including CEO) sincerely cares about employees.
    While every office is different, the location I work out of really feels like a family.

Cons

Current president has no sales or recruiting experience.
    Not much room for upward growth.
    No 401K match.

Advice to Management

Many recent "promotions" seem random - a simple title change with no change in responsibilities.
    Sales and Recruiting will never be able to work jointly toward a long term goal until their commission plans are mirrored.

"Recruiting Director"

Current Employee - Recruiting Director in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiting Director in Troy, MI

I have been working at Talascend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Senior management comes in late on Mondays and leaves early on Fridays (or doesn't come in at all) so all employees can do the same. Don't have to learn Windows 10 since all of the computers still run Windows XP. Everyone shares new job leads with each other to help get out sooner.

Cons

No morale. No leadership. Like serving time in a prison. If you're not part of the CEO's inner circle (and a convulsive smoker) you're on your way out and don't know it.

Advice to Management

Get out as soon as you can. This is the Titanic of staffing companies.

Aug 22, 2016

Thank you for your review. I'm not sure of your former position with the company as our current Director of Recruiting has been with us for more than 14 years. Nonetheless, I’m sorry to hear about ... More

"Recruiter"

I have been working at Talascend full-time

Pros

People are nice.(Feels like a "Talascend Family")

Cons

-Underpaid
    -Turnover rate is high
    -No moral
    -Not a lot of room for growth
    - No flex hours

Advice to Management

-Update the office
    -Make it more fun and exciting to come to work (especially during harder times)

Aug 22, 2016

Thank you for your review. I’m pleased to hear about the Talascend Family feel. This is important to us and we wish all employees to be part of our family. Being part of a family is more than just ... More