Talyst Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Carla Corkern

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Director"

I have been working at Talyst full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work good work life culture

Cons

Very much a startup environment which is good and bad in some cases

Advice to Management

Map out departmental goals and objectives to become more proactive

2. "A slightly above average place to work"

I have been working at Talyst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Insurance has lower deductibles, smaller office and relatively happy environment, not much micro-managing here, dog-friendly, the work-life balance is very good and you don't need to give them too much information to get time off, great accumulation of PTO.

Cons

Below industry standard pay, insurance premiums are very expensive if you need to cover more than yourself, insurance is pretty basic benefits - nothing to wow over, work-from-home is discussed positively to in the interview process and then not available.

Advice to Management

Find a way to build stability into the company across the board, listen and respond to concerns from employees.

3. "Making a difference every day!"

Current Employee - Business Development in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Talyst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We are helping our customers help patients! And there are so many opportunities to innovate to add more value and help drive improved outcomes for more patients. The executive team has doubled down on our focus on innovation. The future is bright!

Cons

It's difficult to be the smallest competitor in a market. But we are working to make this our advantage!

Advice to Management

Keep making the changes that will help us become ever more competitive through innovations that will help more patients!

"A Great Company to Work At"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Pros

A Great Company To Work At
    It has been 3 months since I started working at Talyst Systems, LLC. I always feel lucky that I got the opportunity to work at dream place like this.
     There are many great things about Talyst. First, Talyst provides a very friendly working environment. Office area is spacious, It support is operated as professional as big companies, and health snack like fresh fruits and nuts are provided in the Kitchen …Second, people at Talyst enjoy and feel proud of their work, and have great sense of humor. I’ve met Dominique, the controller, who holds high standards to do the right thing, and always recharges her staff with positive energy; Kim, the HR manager, who is super capable of handling many important things but also willing to spend time cleaning Kitchen for us; Robert, the IT manager, who is very responsive, timely and helpful when you need support; and Scott, the logistic director, who has in-depth knowledge about inventory management and is very passionate about our products…Third, the location of Talyst is ideal. It is close to I-405, so commuting to Bellevue, Redmond, or Seattle is easy; moreover, there are plenty of good restaurants around the area. Last, the company provides spacious and free onsite parking!
    One stat tells everything: employee turnover is low! On average, employees have worked for 4.35 years at the company; about 25% employees have worked for more than 8 years.
    No matter what you are looking for, you can always find a good reason to work here, because, everything is awesome…Welcome to Talyst!

Cons

I haven't worked long enough to know the cons.

"Talyst Company family culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Pros

After spending 5 years at Talyst, I have seen it change from many executives with all individual decisions (Walls Up) to an open door environment. This change spearheaded by Carla Corkern (CEO), positioned people to new roles more related to their strengths. Adding tools like company meetings, and 1on1 with the CEO. This provided great feedback and initiated thngs like exercise programs to incentives for employees to save money for the company through the supply chain. In this same period of time the support culture changed to, therefore, customers saw first hand a transition of employees now liking their jobs at Talyst, and as such, customer service statistics reflected almost the highest levels due to these changes. All of this work positioned Talyst to compete in a market where companies are 2-3 times their size. However, with strong customer service equals a high renewal rate, and then focus can be spent on new sales. Carla also saw a vision in regards to 340B, whereas, every industry analyst in the beginning said to her, get out of the 340b space because the government is going to end the program. Without hesitation, she built a structure lauching our 340b product and in the beginning Talyst was the only one putting direct effort to working in the 340b market. Now, there is a strong team handling 340b, but the transition of breaking up the 340b business to Verity also took a little bit of work. While it may be tough for the team to recognize today, having Verity be a primary focus is exactly what this customer base needs.

Cons

During this change one of the problems is the existing team prior to Carla's (CEO) taking over a good portion of the employee's were taking advantage of the company with entitlements and overtime, and dealing with these types of concerns usually leads to a loss of trained employees. We addressed that with onsite and virtual training, but for the employees originally at Talyst, they did feel their entitlement was more important than the success of the company. Today Talyst continues to push the market by having 340B as a primary business on its own, but just like all the changes Talyst has made, it will take time to get everyone on that same page, but it will prove to be the right direction.

Advice to Management

Keeping listening to teams and improving through changes. There will be those who doubt the direction but I recall when all competitors were out to get Talyst and the Klass scores (hospital market surveying) showed our disappointment, but by sticking to the right decisions, within 2 years we changed our positioning on Klass and finally became recognized as a leader.

6. "Analyst"

Pros

Good mid-size company with lots of growing potential.

Cons

High pressure environment. Fast changing health care market.

"Love this place"

Current Employee - Director of Logistics in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Director of Logistics in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Talyst full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work that is focused on business but facilitates good work life balance allowing you to be productive but continue to take care of your family

Cons

Lack of formal processes so still working very much as a startup environment but is primarily a result of the ever changing markets they provide solutions to

Advice to Management

Communication is key no matter how good or bad the story is which is happening so keep up the great work

"Good place to work - some recent challenges"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Talyst full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, pretty good benefits for a small company, good vision and mission to customers

Cons

Recent company split into 2 businesses created some unnecessary turmoil

Advice to Management

Focus on customers and show employees growth paths

"Director of Sales"

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Blacklick, OH
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Blacklick, OH

I worked at Talyst (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Left alone to accomplish goals.

Cons

Sales Territory too large. Pharmacy automation doesn't work as it should.

Advice to Management

Fix the problems and understand the management team.

"Good but could be great with the right management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Factoria, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Factoria, WA

I worked at Talyst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inventive, cutting edge technology and the opportunity to change people's lives in the health field.

Cons

At that time there was some management challenges and perhaps some growth/change processes that needed to take place which caused Talyst to lose some really good, talented people

Advice to Management

First and foremost, listen to your employees, the challenges they are having, and what they really need in order to be efficient in serving the customer. Open lines of communication are so crucial in this business because there are so many moving parts from project managers to Field Techs.