Terakeet Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
MacLaren Cummings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Any salary data website will show entry level marketing in Syracuse with a 4-year degree will earn you high 30's to low 40's" (in 6 reviews)

• "We're still a relatively young company, so we encounter growing pains from time-to-time" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Terakeet is a Collaborative, Innovative, and Highly Productive Organization"

Current Employee - Senior Digital Outreach Specialist/Team Lead
    Current Employee - Senior Digital Outreach Specialist/Team Lead

I have been working at Terakeet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Collaborative, "team over self" environment
    + Approachable leadership team
    + Welcoming and educational onboarding experience
    + Positively impacts and gives back to the local community
    + Ability to work from home/remotely and company "flex hours" make it easy to accommodate appointments, family matters, or other events that pop up without using PTO
    + Exposed to creative, intelligent individuals that genuinely care about each other
    + Generous and useful benefits combined with a laid-back culture improves employee health, well-being, and morale

Cons

+ While flexible work environment is a huge plus, it can be distracting at times (but there are cozy couches to sit on and focus rooms you can book to work in if this happens)

Advice to Management

+ Continue fostering a transparent and engaging work environment that respects employees and inspires individuals to grow, evolve and learn from one another

"Position with an unclear future"

Former Employee - Digital Outreach Specialist in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Digital Outreach Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Terakeet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great benefits (generous PTO, ability to work from home, free gym membership, health/vision/dental insurance, 401k w/ match)
    - Friendly and helpful company culture
    - Beautiful modern office space w/ snacks

Cons

The title of 'Digital Outreach Specialist' is just them trying to put a spin on what the actual job is and largely means nothing. The job is link building for their commercial clients. You send out hundreds of emails a week to beg random sites to let you write an article for them. Once you do convince someone to let you write for their site, it's only an excuse to shove in a link to one of your client's products within whatever they've agreed to let you submit. Most of the time, you're rewording and rewriting the same article just enough to avoid Google's duplicate content penalty. The department is now trying to move away from ghost publishing and are trying to beg sites to include their client links on phrases that relate back to the client's product.

The job is very monotonous with most of the people in the department only having half an idea of what they're doing since there's a high turnover in the company. They mostly just need people to fill the seats to boost their email numbers. It's almost like a sales position, as your work is measured by your ability to hit the link building goals. You also move from client to client quite frequently as the client turnover is also high. Without the benefits, they'd probably have an even harder time retaining their employees.

Honestly, all it takes for this job to become obsolete is a Google update that makes building backlinks irrelevant. Given Google's increasing focus on on-page quality content and expertise, I think this is going to be happening within the next few years.

Advice to Management

More transparency and communication.

"Terakeet Review"

Current Employee - Senior Digital Outreach Specialist/Team Lead in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Digital Outreach Specialist/Team Lead in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Terakeet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Terakeet is a great place to work because you wake up in the morning excited to go to work. The people here are amazing, and you make lifelong friends. There are so many learning opportunities that you grow every day in your role.

Cons

When you first get started, it can be a lot to learn and get your feet under you. It's a tough industry to learn about, but the training and the people around you are super helpful in getting you going!

4. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Terakeet full-time

Pros

- Working in a fast paced environment
    - You're surrounded by people who are dedicated
    - The dress code is laid back
    - Our software.
    - Our benefits are worth sticking around for
    - Management is fair, communicative and driven

Cons

- Our internal work ethic and healthy competition aren't for everyone

Advice to Management

- Continue being open minded toward feedback
    - Culture is important.
    - Effective communication is imperative for success and employee happiness

5. "Redefining the Syracuse tech landscape"

I have been working at Terakeet full-time

Pros

Friendly coworkers, Flexible work environment, Downtown location

Cons

Depending on how you look at it these are not really cons but there are demanding client expectations, and you will have a full workload with lots of deadlines

"Truly a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Brand Manager in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Terakeet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Terakeet offers amazing flexibility with your work/life schedule. Some people can't handle it, and those people may become unsuccessful but it's truly a great a great benefit and our employees appreciate it greatly.

- Terakeet offers a relaxed laid back atmosphere. Of course there are challenging days, but Terakeet does a great job to make us feel at home.

During my time at Terakeet, I've been able to jump on a number of challenging projects and learn way more than I ever thought I would coming into this company.

- Terakeet encourages you the ability to learn on your own. Yes, they set up new classes for you to learn a trick or two. But with the amazing employees Terakeet has, I've been able to forge my own career path here by sitting and learning other responsibilities on top of my own.

- Management does listen to and is open to ideas from anyone in the company, which I think is rare.

Cons

- Although I mentioned that you can create your own success here at Terakeet, there are some people that will complain they never learned much and was held in their role. It really is up to you to get your work done and get in touch with those who can help, rather than becoming stagnant.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees, and I think the company has come a long way in the three years that I've worked here! Can't wait to see what the future holds.

"Phenomenal, Growing Company"

I have been working at Terakeet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Terakeet is full of smart, committed people that are driven and kind. The company is engaged in a unique strategic planning process that helps drive a rapid goal achievement and, therefore, development of the business. Great benefits and perks make this an engaging place with work with great balance of work and personal needs.

Cons

As I'm sure is true with any company moving along the spectrum from start-up to enterprise, Terakeet is in flux when it comes to identifying the right tools, systems, communication channels, and processes. It is a rapidly changing environment, and while most of the change is exciting and rewarding, sometimes the aforementioned changes can be tedious and/or distracting. Fortunately, most of the team is committed to weathering the growing pains because they believe in the company and its product.

"Company Culture and Benefits a Huge Perk"

Current Employee - Digital Outreach Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Terakeet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are plenty of pros about working here. The benefits are amazing - and keep improving. We get breakfast every Friday morning! The company is constantly working to improve conditions for its workers.

The staff is amazingly supportive and the training is extremely helpful. The culture at Terakeet is upbeat and fun. There's a happy hour meetup every Friday as well as fitness, book and wine clubs.

There's also a company charity that anyone can be involved in. If you're looking for a way to give back it's great to participate in something with people you know that benefits your community.

Cons

There are some cons to working here. The work can be monotonous and tedious. You have to take initiative to keep things interesting otherwise, you will continue doing the same thing everyday.

Your work life is in your hands. No one is going to coddle you, so make sure that the environment you create is what you're looking for. You can show up, work and not talk to anyone or you can have a more involved work life with coworkers.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Terakeet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful people, flexible work hour, nice office!

Cons

low starting salary, but opportunities to grow

"Digital Outreach Specialist Job Review"

Current Employee - Digital Outreach Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Terakeet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Perfect work conditions. Very friendly environment. Thorough training.

Cons

There aren't many cons, but it is a laid back, yet corporate environment.