KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The Ranger Group Reviews

Updated May 8, 2021

Found 14 of over 14 reviews

4.1
The Ranger Group Managing Partner Matthew Cecere (no image)
Matthew Cecere
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A Great Entry Level Sales/Recruiting Job

Jul 1, 2019 - Technical Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great work environment/culture -Room for growth if you prove yourself -Perfect job if you are just graduating & looking to learn all about recruiting/sales & make good money while doing it

Cons

-There is no remote option

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

good company

Jan 15, 2020 - Entry Rodman in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helped find a job quickly and health benefits

Cons

The pay should have been better.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not a good experience

Sep 27, 2017 - Technical Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are a recent graduate trying to break into a job market, this might be a good start. Upper management has good knowledge of the industry but managing style seemed little too old school. I'm sharing many cons here but don't get discouraged to knock on the door. You might find and/ or learn something valuable, which I did.

Cons

* Hostile environment * No upper mobility * Not a collaborative environment * Push everyone in extreme negative way * Old school management style - probably not a good fit for millennials looking for a long-term home * HIGH turn-over (I've never seen this extreme high turn-over rate in any other organization I've been with) * Discrediting employees that leave the company even before they're completely off the premises. Sometimes in very nasty way. But who cares, really. They just seemed very desperate to keep people. * Upper management is not very interested in learning about their employees. They rather push their way and dare you to do your best to fit in, which explains high turn-over. * Very artificial and pretentious environment (You might think that all staffing agencies are kind of this way but I can tell you that not everyone is like that) * No analytics, no concrete policy and procedures. Maybe they improved a little but I don't think something like this can happen over night.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work Life at Ranger

Feb 27, 2017 - Recruiter in Frisco, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a recent college graduate, Ranger has been a great place to start my career as a recruiter. The environment is very friendly and competitive, which drives the company to be a top competitor in the DFW area. There is tremendous growth opportunity if you are willing to put in the work to become successful. Still in training, I have learned so much about the company and the industry itself. The culture has been the best I have come by in job searching. Everyone is down to earth and friendly, and also likes to go out together for happy hour. Taco Tuesday's are celebrated and good music is played regularly. If you are a recent graduate who is hardworking, out-going and competitive Ranger Staffing is a great opportunity for you to start your career.

Cons

No cons at the moment. If you are not driven, this job will be difficult.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Technical Recruiter

Jun 29, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Young Company Encouraging Environment Happy Hours to celebrate advancements/promotions Start Up Owners are present daily Operations runs strong and are incredibly on top of things Success is there if you work for it

Cons

Start up- so there’s trial and error You HAVE to be flexible with movement within the company

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to start your recruiting career!

Jan 26, 2017 - Senior Technical Recruiter in Frisco, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive, down to Earth peers and supervisors. Very nice, new office in the heart of Frisco. Stocked fridge, 3 big screens, and large office spaces. Great work/life balance. Work hard, play hard environment. Compensation structure (uncapped) is second to none. Flexibility within the work place and schedule, should certain goals be met. Excellent cash bonus and vacation trip if yearly numbers are met. A true team mentality.

Cons

A few growing pains here and there, but that happens in any up-and-coming company. While work/life balance is a key metric to everyone in the office, the job can require long hours from time to time.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee

Poor Office Management

Mar 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only positive is the opening conversation that I was sold that this company was the best to work for with company awards, etc.

Cons

My 2017 W-2 address information wasn't verified, prior to whomever sending my W-2 to an address that I no longer resided at. Luckily, my mail was being forwarded to my new address, so I was able to capture my W-2. This is a serious problem Ranger. Identity Theft is not something that anyone wants to go through at any given time period. You may need to train your current office personnel on this process.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work

Jun 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- You control your own destiny - Management wants you to be successful - Hard work and persistence is rewarded - Opportunity to advance quickly - Lots of quality people

Cons

- Very young company - Things change rapidly - Training/Development is fluid, no set way to do things

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Environment

Mar 1, 2017 - Corporate Recruiter in Frisco, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, team environment, growing company, and production based. There is room for growth and your success is based on your results and effort. Since it is production based you are held responsible for your success, but you do have a really good support system with your peers and upper management. It's exciting to be a part of a growing company!

Cons

I can't think of any at the moment.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company With Big Ambitions

Jan 27, 2017 - Senior Account Manager in Frisco, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Culture dedicated towards development and training of successful young professionals. -Opportunity abound, earn managements trust and you can chase sales opportunities in any location. -Fun environment with great people. -Industry leading commission structure. -Great office location and nice amenities (Flat Screen TV's, Craft Beer Fridge, Great Lighting).

Cons

-Staffing industry requires grit and persistence. For those that are wired for staffing it is an excellent opportunity.

The Ranger Group Response

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for leaving a review and mentioning our awesome culture!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews