TheeDigital Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 6, 2019

4.0
Richard Horvath

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A Great Place to Work and Grow"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at TheeDigital (Less than a year)

Pros

TheeDesign is a great place to work with awesome caring people. The owner of the company is one of the most ambitious caring people I have met. He makes sure you are always taken care and wants to know if something is not going right. He is on top of everything and passionately cares about the growth of this company.

I met the best people here who helped me grow professionally by giving me opportunities to continue my learning and support me in my future endeavors. My manager supported me and prioritize helping me accomplish the goals that I set for myself.

I have a family, so I needed a great work-life balance and TheeDesign always worked with me to make sure I could accomplish everything I needed to at work and at home.

They truly just want hard working, dedicated, passionate people working here.

Cons

People who do not give it their all or put in the effort that any job no matter where you are is required may feel like they are not fulfilled in their role. If you put in what you want to get out of it then TheeDesign will help you grow.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring passionate people who have goals.

Dec 10, 2018 – President

Thank you very much for your feedback. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed working here and were able to achieve your personal goals while doing so.

We wish you much success in your career.

"Good place to get started"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Associate
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Associate

I have been working at TheeDigital full-time

Pros

Calm work environment with good team leaders

Cons

Not much except that my salary could be highter

Feb 12, 2019 – President

Thanks your feedback! Happy to hear you enjoy being in the office and working with the team. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to our clients.

"Project Manager"

I worked at TheeDigital full-time

Pros

Great sized company. I also loved working with local clients who I could actually meet and get to know. Free lunch on Fridays. Fun Parties throughout the year.

Cons

Small companies have trouble with growth. I feel like there were big speed bumps with turnover that caused some tough months. Benefits weren't great, but I hear they have improved.

Nov 29, 2018 – President

Thank you for sharing your feedback! Glad you enjoyed working with local clients and the team.

And you're right, growing can cause speed bumps. We're working hard to address those bumps and... More

"Great coworkers and clients"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at TheeDigital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have a great team and customers.

Cons

Growing pains that the management handles slowly

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Nov 29, 2018 – President

Thank you for sharing your feedback. So glad to hear you enjoy working with our team and clients. Growing pains are part of every business, so we appreciate your patience as we work through them and... More

"Healthy, Happy, and Productive Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Team Member in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Team Member in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at TheeDigital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smaller agency, owner really cares and invests in employees who are interested in growing and learning, lots of perks (like a great coffee machine complete w/espresso and seasonal lattes!), family inclusive events, transparent leadership, collaborative, friendly and highly skilled team, access to tons of learning resources and awesome industry conferences.

Cons

We work hard for our clients and sometimes that means putting in a little extra and going beyond the scope of a typical 8 hour day, not sure this is a con as much as part of Agency life.

If you are passionate about what you do, then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Aug 31, 2018 – President

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm happy to hear you feel appreciated and are taking advantage of the many benefits we provide.

And you're right. Sometimes we do work more than a typical... More

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at TheeDigital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work in a small company that feels that you are part of a family.

The owner is very generous and offers a lot of benefits to the employees.

- Great health insurance and subsidy to the swankiest gym in Raleigh
    - Catered Lunch and Learn
    - Team lunches and team building events
    - Use of company vehicles
    - Bi-weekly massage therapy
    - Fresh fruit delivered weekly
    - Fancy coffee machine
    - Company logo merchandise (cool t-shirts, sunglasses, hats and other)

Cons

People who don't have good work ethic and see their position as a job and not a career.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the right people and those that share the company's core values.

Aug 31, 2018 – President

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and apologies for the tardy reply. I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the many perks and benefits we offer the team.

I also wanted to say that we've recently... More

"Marketing Specialist"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at TheeDigital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with a couple really nice talented people.

Ample parking and office proximity to local restaurants and stores.

Not really any other pros.

Cons

TheeDesign is an option as a temporary place to land while you look for an actual career option. Don't expect management to properly evaluate your work or appreciate any of the benefits you bring to the team. You will quickly be inundated with half-finished projects that were started by other team members that literally walked out and never came back. Good employees leaving abruptly and never returning seems to be a regular occurrence here. The owner of the company is a paranoid micromanager and will regularly belittle his managers and employees for the sake of his own ego. They are regularly understaffed because of this. The longest-tenured employees here have only been here 3 years, and there are only three of them. This contradicts the multiple reviews I read here from "people" that have been here three or more years. The reviews are all written by the same person.

If you have any kind of medical condition that requires you to see a doctor regulary, don't waste your time. The owner has no tolerance for people wanting to actually use their PTO. He will make comments about it to you as well as talking bad about it behind your back to managers and other employees.

If you're a parent with younger children, likewise don't waste your time. The same treatment will apply to you f you need to take time off for sick kids or school engagements. It's not worth the hassle and stress, as you will certainly not be paid the industry average for your work, let alone be compensated for how you will be treated.

Aug 31, 2018 – President

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and apologies for the tardy reply. We are always looking for ways to improve. We’ve recently hired a VP of Operations and are working on... More

"Job Seeker Warning"

I worked at TheeDigital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TheeDesign wasn't the greatest company to work for. The people that work there are the only saviors that made that job tolerable (so THANK YOU). People work hard and engaged with an OK customer base. Some of the work is challenging, but overall it's pretty basic. I think the only good thing about this place was maybe the team lunches, but even then that perk lost its luster.

Cons

Don't expect to move up in rank here because there isn't a higher management team. The only one pulling the strings in that company is the owner and he's not doing it very well. Internally, most of the time it's chaos because there are no processes. Any ideas you do raise to make it better are shot down by the owner, so it's best to just come in do your job and work with your "manager" because they might actually listen to you. Also, Company customer practices are somewhat shady, you'll get that feeling quickly when you start. Do you like being watched like a hawk? Then prepare yourself for being watched on lunches: when you leave- when you come back. Vacations? Yea you get 2 weeks, but prepare to be judged by the owner for taking any time off. Overall, if you are looking for an in-between job (not a career) and don't mind dysfunction/turnover then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and there might be a more stable employee base.

Aug 31, 2018 – President

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and apologies for the tardy reply. We are committed to creating a collaborative, transparent, and comfortable environment for our team and it... More

"An Established and Dynamic Agency"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at TheeDigital full-time

Pros

As a professional with 14 years experience in the industry, I've worked at a full gamut of digital agencies ranging in size from 3 to 1200 employees. TheeDesign has stood the test of time and continues to grow and refine their services. This is not an easy feat given today's competition and the pace at which technology changes. If you look at the Raleigh, NC and Houston, TX market over the last ten years, you will see that many firms have closed or reduced in-house staff. However, TheeDesign has managed to stay on or ahead of the curve which why I was so excited to work with them.

* If I did not have to leave for personal reasons, I'd still be at TheeDesign today.

For those that like bulleted lists:

Work Environment:

- Beautiful, accommodating and well furnished
    - Stocked with fruit, snacks and an excellent hot beverage machine, weekly massages and company lunches
    - White board walls that encourage collaboration and individual organization

The Team:

- Highly skilled and adaptable - some of the best SEOs in the area (first agency listed organically for "Raleigh Web Design")
    - Laid back culture, but results driven. If you need little direction, you don't have to worry about being micromanaged
    - The sales team consults the production team before finalizing proposals which means we confidently deliver what was sold.
    - The owner is very humble and knowledgeable - not just a paper pusher. He is not afraid to get involved in the nitty gritty to help improve processes.
    - Transparency in communication
    - Frequent team building activities

The Work:

- Work on a variety of projects in a myriad of industries and platforms. There is always something challenging to work on.
    - We don't sell clients around tools and processes, we adapt and make sure things get done right with the best client result.

Cons

I cannot think of any that are not present in any agency setting. To me there are no "cons", just challenges and opportunities. Clients can be demanding and timelines and urgency may fluctuate - but that is true of any similar business.

If you want a job doing the same task with no spontaneity, you might want to find a different industry to work in (not necessarily a con).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The agency has been around a long time and only gets better each year.

"A ton of learning with great people"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist

I worked at TheeDigital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Incredibly smart and dedicated people on the Marketing team. Seriously, I learned more in my 18 months here than I had learned in my entire career up until this point. TheeDesign has some of the best SEOs in the Raleigh area.
    -Legitimately fun environment. The people with whom I worked had a wonderful sense of humor and made even the most boring or sucky days into opportunities for laughter.
    -Good clients, good websites: The sales team got us good, manageable clients and the the production team made pretty and functional websites for us to optimize.
    -Flexibility: If you needed to be home for a family emergency or something similar, you weren't generally penalized for it.
    -Self Improvement: During my 18 months at TheeDesign, I saw a lot of positive changes from a place that was initially worrying to a fantastic employer, and I believe that they can continue those changes.

Cons

-Growing Pains: TheeDesign suffered many of the growing pains other companies suffer as they're trying to move upmarket, including confused documentation and management working at cross purposes. I mention it because it happened, not because I believe it is unique to TheeDesign or indicative of the quality of the management.
    -Occasional Micromanagement: While working in the marketing department was usually a joy, I feel occasionally micromanaged at seemingly random intervals.
    -Oddly Inflexible About Odd Things: I know this might be confusing considering I listed flexibility as a pro above, but trust me it confused me too. In light of management's willingness to allow people time for emergencies or other occurrences, their inflexibility about certain other things like work from home more often seemed strange.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to employees and improving the company! In addition, consider giving employees a bit more flexibility.