Cover image for Tokopedia

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tokopedia and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best

Sep 18, 2022 - Consulting Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was good working there.

Cons

There are no cons working there

People Experience

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Tokopedia! We are glad to hear that you enjoy working with us! We would love to hear more of your experience, feel free to share some good or unpleasant things so that we will do our best to improve our working culture to provide the best experience for all employees. - People Team

2. 5.0

nice company

May 8, 2022 - HR Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Always available for their clients

Cons

A foreign company with good intent

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the Tokopedia team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work at Tokopedia

Jul 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good etiquette and working environment

Cons

Long working hours and high target

5 people found this review helpful

People Experience

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience at Tokopedia, we put employee experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again!

5. 3.0

Intern

Jul 28, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good ambience Comfy workspace A lot of new knowledge Free breakfast Work/life balance

Cons

low salary (only IT get the bigger one) bad working environment unclear frameworks confusing career-path and policy

27 people found this review helpful

People Experience

Thanks for your review. We would love to hear more about your experience, so that we can use your valuable feedback to deliver an even better experience next time. We will also continue to evaluate existing issues and strive to provide the best facilities and experience for all employees.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

The Golden Age is Over

Nov 3, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good insurance benefit. - Gopay allowance start from 500k for SE, 1 million for SSE, and 2 million for lead/PE. - Good teammates. - WFH. - Good tech stacks and challenge for high traffic (depends on your team/tribe) - English speaking environment (depends on the team). - You can find good mentors for work and life. - A good experience to learn things about marketplace.

Cons

- WLB is not good because we have monthly event(s) and so we will need to do "loadtest" around 2-5 times. The loadtest will be done after midnight and will finish around 2-5 am. You will get 0.5-1 day dispense leave but still, you still have your task in sprint and destroying your sleep schedule is really bad. - Each event, the request per second (RPS) target is really arbitrarily. The management was really afraid or traumatized by the first failure that happen around 2019. As example: Let's say our (Business as usual) BAU RPS is around 2k and for the event the target becomes 12k. Even though the real RPS when the event is 4-5k. Then suddenly we have this "exciting" event and upper management suddenly says let's double our rps target and it becomes 24k. We have already done this for almost 2 years now and the actual RPS target was not even going more than 3 times the BAU RPS. - The way we create features already changed, previously we developed features for users but now it's for the "numbers" in business metrics. - Salary is below the average of other unicorns. - The politic after the Lead level is really toxic, everyone here just cares about themselves. There are some exceptions but it's really rare. Everyone trying to get a promotion, it's rare to see managers that trying to help their team to grow. - There are a lot of useless meetings, the content basically explains issues/something to your higher higher ups. Let's say A is your manager, B is A manager, and C is B manager. There will be meetings to explain to B and C. The communication is not efficient. - Some managers just care about what the upper management wants, not protecting the team from unreasonable requests. - Access requests can be a bottleneck because of the team that can grant the access to busy and overwhelmed by the total of requests. - If you get a bad manager, just prepare to resign otherwise you will be burnout. The bad managers don't really care about their teams. - Promotion Driven Development, "if it's not giving me a good point for Performance Appraisal then I don't really care" Attitude. - Information flow from upper management never goes to everyone, just several people. Like some new features or changes that can impact our workload, you can suddenly be told "hey we have this new feature/event tomorrow, can you help us do this. - Some people are sweet talkers because of the promotion thingy (Exposure > actual work). - Individual Contributor that can't really perform can just change to managerial, it's really stupid if you think about it. It's great if they can perform as managers but the reality is not like that. They are the kind of people that the team will become much better without them. - Can pay billion rupiah for events but refuse to increase salary increment even though it's already below market standard. For reference, several engineers that left to another company (not even go to Gojek/Traveloka/Bukalapak) get salary increase around 30-60%.

262 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Culture, learning experience, WFH.

Nov 24, 2022 - Software Engineer in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good learning experience in marketplace environtment. Good compensation benefit for fresh graduates. Supportive teammate and good culture. Work from home with some teams having occasional WFO arrangement.

Cons

Currently enduring unstable economy condition, causing uncertainty about future works (possibility of layoff etc).

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place to work and grow

Nov 22, 2022 - Software Engineer in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clear career path journey, good people and good leader

Cons

Salary might not as good as it's competitor

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

So far, best company i have ever worked in.

Nov 22, 2022 - Squad Lead in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clear career path. Challenging and quite work life balance.

Cons

Some PO's only care for OKR, not team.

10. 5.0

cool

Nov 22, 2022 - Software Engineer - Engineering Productivity
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engineering Productivity role at Tokopedia is the same as Test Engineer. the main goals are to create and maintain automation scripts

Cons

Sometime need to be awake until 3 am to conduct performance teat

11. 5.0

great one

Nov 22, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture and work life balance

Cons

Salary is slightly less and no free food given

Viewing 1 - 10 of 917 Reviews
</>Embed

Tokopedia Reviews FAQs

Tokopedia has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 1,215 reviews left anonymously by employees. 95% of employees would recommend working at Tokopedia to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Tokopedia employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Tokopedia. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

95% of Tokopedia employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tokopedia 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Tokopedia to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be management, work life balance, compensation.

Popular Careers with Tokopedia Job Seekers