TradeSTAR Reviews | Glassdoor

Larry Pierce

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Technician in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Technician in Duluth, GA

I have been working at TradeSTAR part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They will always find you work. Most of the staff is on point. Great people to talk to in person or on the phone.

Cons

Some of the clients will have you working a couple of days and that's it. Then TradeStar is back looking for another client for you to work for.

Advice to Management

Find companies that are looking for guys for bigger projects where technicians are at least working 6 mths. Or more. Not 2-3 days. Technicians need steady work.

"Downhill slide"

Current Employee - Voice/Data Technician in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Voice/Data Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at TradeSTAR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is average. They don't seem very motivated to place people in a suitable environment.

Cons

I've worked for them twice in the Tampa Fl area.
    I got placed full time with a Tampa company, though I had misgivings about the management of the company. (They prefer the bait and switch approach to honest business)
    They turned out worse than I saw as a temp to hire.
    Since then, they got rid of the recruiter I had gone through, who was awesome.
    Miss her, as I'm back with them, and now the team handling this area doesn't listen to the concerns of the applicants, and it's like dealing with a computer program, with limited response capability.
    They suck.
    I'm currently applying to other recruiters as well, since they don't seem up to the task anymore.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics and learn to listen, rather than just viewing you potential commissions.

"Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

TradeSTAR took a chance on me and gave me opportunity when no one else would. I love what I do and hope I never have to look for another job again. The TradeSTAR management has proven to me time and again that if I put the work in I will be recognized and rewarded for it. I have seen this happen to me personally and to many others I have worked with. The whole team and company grows together and I hope I continue to grow with them.

Cons

Management can be a little slow to cut people that aren't working out. They have big hearts and some people have skated by for years without pulling their weight because they always want to "train them up" and "do everything they can to help them be successful". I think the management needs to realize quicker that some people just aren't a good fit.

Advice to Management

see above

"A Lot of Good Experiences"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at TradeSTAR (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere! They really promote and portray the team environment, and the people at the office feel like your family. There is an atmosphere of getting work done while keeping things light. They strive to create long-lasting, good relationships with every client and every employee. The company outings are always fun and light-hearted, and they seek to give back to the community through local charity and client charities and work days.

Cons

I would not say there is a down side as much as know what you are getting into. The commissions slow down after a while due to all the other management activity that needs to be done. This did not work for me.

Advice to Management

It may be a good idea to lay out not only the base salary but also what one can truly expect to make after 1-2 years including commissions. This would help to ensure longevity in the company. Best of luck!

"Loved it"

Current Employee - Commercial Electrician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Commercial Electrician in Houston, TX

Pros

Good work life balance lots of work will work with you

Cons

None at all I loved this company from day one

Advice to Management

Loved this company listened to what I had to say

"I have worked for TradeStar in Austin on 2 different occasions. Great experience both times."

Current Employee - Fire Alarm Install Technician in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Fire Alarm Install Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at TradeSTAR (Less than a year)

Pros

Both times I have been placed quickly. First time I had a construction background but no Fire Alarm experience. They placed me at a company where I was able to gain both Fire Alarm and Security experience. This time with experience they placed me with a company that has several long term projects going at great pay and career opportunities. Both times have been pleasant experiences placed with great company's. The staff is kind and caring and I feel they work hard to provide me with the the best employment opportunities possible for me.

Cons

No con's complete positive experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Voice and Data Technician"

Current Employee - Voice/Data Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Voice/Data Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at TradeSTAR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a great company for the beginners and the new people that have a experience in the field to be recognize in Houston

Cons

They need to cover some stuff like parking or pay a little more.

Advice to Management

Continue giving the opportunity to the folks that need a hands to work

9. "Very Poorly Run Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

I was happy to have the weekends off.

Cons

Very bad management overseeing the Tampa office. He will tell you what you want to hear to gain your trust, but never will follow through. They will promise work for a year or direct hires when they don't have that intention. No problems with discrimination and it was very hard to work there every day. They will also pressure you to work long hours and clock out for training.

Advice to Management

Develop some morals.

"Great staffing company - works hard for you."

Former Employee - Fire Alarm Technician in Baytown, TX
    Former Employee - Fire Alarm Technician in Baytown, TX

I worked at TradeSTAR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience with Tradestar was wonderful - the recruiters there try really hard to find you the best opportunity for you and your career. They will work with you to try and get the highest paying job along with a company that provides a good structure to build a career with.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. Great staffing company, my experience with them is nothing but positive no negatives.

Advice to Management

None.

"entry low voltage tech"

Former Employee - Low Voltage Cable Puller in Suwanee, GA
    Former Employee - Low Voltage Cable Puller in Suwanee, GA

I worked at TradeSTAR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reason to work for trade star is the training you receive and opportunity to learn a new trade.

Cons

the downside in working for trade star is the lack of help you receive to find employment with a permanently position, and being under paid.