Trans-Trade Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Senior Account Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Trans-Trade (Less than a year)

Pros

Trans Trade was great to work for because the staff and management was very experienced and good at what they did.

Cons

Being a public company, there was constant pressure to show a profit every month.

Advice to Management

Learn about the sales cycle and that you don't get business right away even from long time customers .

2. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Company has been experiencing some significant growth. Potentially it could offer some really good employees. A few of the employees in key positions are extremely nice and professional people.

Cons

Poor customer service, lack of commitment to customers or employees. CEO is a person of poor integrity who lacks respect for employees. His behavior is quite unprofessional and he is not respected in the industry. You are expected to work very long hours. Vendors are poorly treated. Stress level is high and there is little pride.

Advice to Management

Trans Trade has some good accounts and a good book of base business. If properly managed, the company could be quite profitable. Spend some money on a real CEO, start respecting vendors and employees, and the company could experience some true prosperity.

3. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Trans-Trade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people. Culture of community.

Cons

Execution of strategic plans. Not enough engagement and follow through on core initiatives. Under resourced in systems development/support. Lack of systems capabilities to support customer needs. Lack of strong sales force.

4. "Business Development Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Trans-Trade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Owners and Management were forward thinking and empowered employees to perform their function without restraints.

Cons

New owners had unrealistic views of the business and no practical experience. Company is still losing market share.

5. "Expert in Logistics"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Trans-Trade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Over 30 years in logistics. Long time experts in every area. Medium size so specializes in mid-market customers. Good place to gain broad based work experience / not compartmentalized like larger companies.

Cons

Challenging and competitive industry. Expertise and quality of work is not always appreciated by those outside the company nor recognized that these are fundamental building blocks for the customer's success.

Advice to Management

Keep the faith. Keep up the good work on culture building. Increase the number of management and sales in person meetings for team work, culture and further improvement to quality.

6. "Subpar Practices"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Pros

There were key individuals in management that shared what was going on and knew how to operate as a business professional.

Cons

Team morale, office communication, internal advancements, priority management, active account management, moving out of operating small and start building the team in a practice for future business and the rest of the industry so they are competitive. Positive feedback was few and far between. Morale is low without a conscious effort, on all levels, to proactively fix it. Too many director positions that are unnecessary. Not proper review, constructive criticism, career development processes.

Advice to Management

Restructuring needs to occur not at an entry/lower level position. Too many directors without accountability and not offering enough to justify position. Understandable forecasting future business but at a certain there needs to be a decision on how long to keep some around.

"good while it lasted"

Former Employee - Operations in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Operations in Denver, CO

I worked at Trans-Trade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

small company learning environment was good you get the chance to work on everything

Cons

small company easy to get RIF if there is a slowdown in business

8. "Very poorly managed company to work for."

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Trans-Trade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lot of good promises were made at the time of employment. Small company which has a family type feel.

Cons

There are lot of chiefs in this company. Seems like everyone hold Director's position, there are 20+ people with directors position in the company of 200 people. Company's direction and vision keep changing on daily basis. Over promise to employees and no training available whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Do research before you buy software which will dictate your future. Provide direction/guidance to the lower level employees.

"DISSAPPOINTMENT"

Former Employee - Sales Support Analyst in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Support Analyst in Irving, TX

I worked at Trans-Trade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is small and emerging from a major re-org last year. The employees are friendly.

Cons

After I started my boss was not in the office the first two weeks and no one was available to tell me what my duties were. When he finally returned, he was in meetings that I was excluded from and then went out of town again the next week. I tried to make myself relevant by understanding the CRM and looking for ways to streamline processes, but encountered some pushback. I did every task I was asked to do in record time and even busied myself with menial tasks that no one else wanted to do, but at my 90 day review, they let me go with no explanation. It was a total surprise.

Advice to Management

I felt used and unappreciated even though I am highly skilled and experienced.

"Unhealthy environment."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Trans-Trade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Poor run company means not alot of pressure on you.

Cons

As above, it is a poorly run company.