Trelevate Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Ryan Knauss

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "We pride ourselves on efficiency, integrity, teamwork and work/life balance" (in 4 reviews)

• "The base salary (and paid holidays) are a bonus- helped a lot especially in the beginning when you are just getting started" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The employee is not valued in this weekly quota sales job" (in 4 reviews)

• "Unrealistic salary projections, terrible/very few benefits, high turnover" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Account Management Specialist"

Current Employee - Account Management Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Management Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Trelevate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is exactly the place I was looking for when I pictured my dream job. I had been searching for a while and this opportunity just fell into my lap. This company is structured, yet laid-back at the same time. The team here is like a family. We have a culture that is can't be mimicked. Our community outreach alone is enough to make you feel like you are making an impact, which we do multiple times a year. I am so happy with the career change that I made with Trelevate.

Cons

I haven't come across any downsides to working for this company. The only concern I had when starting out was that it is a small company and that there might not be very much room for growth. I can say that I was wrong. In the short amount of time I have worked here, I have seen a tremendous amount of growth, with new markets opening up, taking on new clients, and new positions being created.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I'm excited to see where we will be in the upcoming years.

May 22, 2018 – HR Manager

Glad you are enjoying your position! Looking forward to many more years of growth and outreach. Glad to have you on the team!

2. "Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Trelevate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture at Trelevate is amazing! This is the most supportive team that I have ever worked with. Paul and Ryan are truly 2 of the most genuine human beings that you'll ever meet. I can't wait to watch them continually grow!

Cons

None. I feel blessed to be a part of this family.

3. "Sales Consultant"

Pros

Company culture, fixed pricing, territory management

Cons

Door knocking quota, several fixed pricing competitors

Sep 19, 2018 – HR Manager

Glad to see your positive review and looking forward to your continued success!

"Doug Hanselman & CIT"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Trelevate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Doug is a great guy to work for/with. A real tool maker and always supportive of his team. Doug cares about the company and the people he works with and always goes the extra mile for you.

Cons

A lot of competition out there.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring guys like Doug

Jun 20, 2018 – HR Manager

So glad you voiced your positive experiences with Doug. We like him too! Best of luck to you!

5. "Talent Selection Specialist"

Former Employee - Talent Selection Specialist in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Talent Selection Specialist in Dayton, OH

I worked at Trelevate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome work environment , great co-workers and great upper level management.

Family oriented, management very helpful, likeable, approachable, and very caring about your career at Trelevate!

Co-founders, Ryan Knauss, President and CEO, Paul Briski are amazing hard working individuals that will not ask you to do anything that they are not willing to do themselves! They do it all! They visit the various markets across the country, they help interview, they get out in the field and they help close deals!

They strongly support all of the departments within Trelevate! It is a blessing to work for an organization that cares so much about everyone's success!!

They are AWESOME!!

Cons

None that I can think of!

This company is very willing to meet the demands of what is expected and will give you the tools to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!! Thank you for your inspirational hard work and candor!!

Jun 20, 2018 – HR Manager

So glad you enjoyed your time with us and wishing you nothing but the best!

6. "Sales Consultant"

I worked at Trelevate full-time

Pros

I had a great time working at Trelevate. The management team in Central Illinois does a great job to train its employees and help them achieving their goals. You have to be a hard working person and all your efforts will be awarded. Having a base salary + commission is a great help, especially at first, that showed me how the company was caring for its employees. I recommend this company!

Cons

Goals can sometimes be hard to reach, as in every sales job. However the managers in Central Illinois were always trying to help us by doing ride-along days and trainings.

Jun 20, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your kind words. Wishing you best of luck!

7. "Thankful to be with a company that cares"

I have been working at Trelevate full-time

Pros

Leadership has high commitment to training and support. Management has high standards in a demanding industry of customer engagement. Any negative posts are people that don't decide to put their best effort in and blame others or product for their lack of results. I see great results when the effort is put in.

Cons

You must have patience when learning something new. Just because immediate results don't come, I have seen some great people quit too early on themselves.

Advice to Management

Keep refining your training and people development. Keep all the good things you're doing in the community as it brings a sense of commitment to your values.

Apr 20, 2018 – HR Manager

I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying the position and the company. Love the positive attitude! Keep up the hard work, it always pays off!

8. "Amazing experience!"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Trelevate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance
    Control over my own income
    Great support and training
    Room for growth
    Lots of support in the field

Cons

I had to work with other sales consultants that were not motivated to get the job done. They blamed management for their failures. It was difficult to listen to them be negative in an environment where I was finding so much success and support.

Advice to Management

Move people off the team before they can poison others and make people think that this is a bad job.

Sep 19, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and hope your current career is working for you !

9. "Energy Consultant"

Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Trelevate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An education in the psychology of a short sales cycle. You get to see a lot local businesses and meet a lot of owners. High activity leads to sales. You can get a new territory and still go back to your old territory and stay on top of the prospects who's contracts will expire. You learn to overcome objections and develop a thick skin. Good entry level position to learn the trade of sales. Firsthand experience witnessing the psychology of closing the sale. Exposes you to a lot of businesses that you would otherwise simply drive by and not notice. Growth opportunity for those willing to put in the time and effort. Good support from management - you just have to ask for it. Initiate the communication with management and you will do fine.

Cons

You get a lot of "no's" or people just putting you off - it's sales. It is difficult to move up in pay tiers each month. Most sales don't pay very much, so commissions tend to be small. When you do get a "big" sale, it becomes the temptation to only focus on large companies - because that's where the money is. A lot of suppliers out there and most aren't very ethical and thus you walk in the door with this very stain and encounter immediate distrust. The psychology applies to both you as a salesperson and the prospect.

Advice to Management

Management knows what they are doing. They are focusing on obtaining the small to medium sized businesses and it's working. This company is growing and you can be a part of it.

Apr 20, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your candid review. Glad to hear you utilized the great support from management. Wishing you the best of luck in your career after moving on from us!

10. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Dayton, OH

I worked at Trelevate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Set your schedule basically anytime 8a to 10p Mon thru Sat

Cons

Company is NOT truthful, promises you can make unlimited commission checks, vertical advancement, None is true
      Base pay $10.57 hr comm paid once a montth

Advice to Management

Upper Managers/Owners say they have created a unique way to be 3rd party sales force. NOT True, nothing unique just keep a 700 to 800% turnover rate of personnel. If sales persons don't quite fit the mold,you can't just discard them.

Apr 20, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your candid review. I'm sorry the position wasn't everything you had hoped for. I would love to personally hear from you for feedback on the other items you have posted. I can be... More