Trelevate Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Ryan Knauss

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We pride ourselves on efficiency, integrity, teamwork and work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Great job, nice people, flexible, family oriented (in 3 reviews)

Cons

1. "Amazing company to be a part of!"

Current Employee - Talent Selection Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Talent Selection Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Trelevate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Trelevate is a wonderful company with employees who genuinely enjoy what they do. Nowhere else will you find a company that has such a healthy work/life balance, or one that invests so much into each of their employees- from the corporate level to those out in the field. They truly treat you like family, respect you as a person, and offer generous health benefits. Being a part of Trelevate has been the highlight of my professional career!

Cons

They’ve set the bar so high that any future employer will pale in comparison.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! The company is growing, your employees are happy, and things are only getting better!

"Churn and Burn Sales Company!"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant

I worked at Trelevate full-time

Pros

Have the ability to make a good short-term and fluctuating income from monthly sales commission if your territory’s rates are competitive lower than local municipal aggregations, your local utility distribution company’s or competitors.

The company tries to set corporate values with having the overall presence of being “a family oriented supportive based company,” but this mentality is gradually changing to the complete opposite as the company continues to grow in size.

Cons

The salary is only $22,000, which is more than the average McDonald’s assistant manager salary. The company states you’re paid salary, but this statement isn’t true at all. If your activity is low for a particular day or not working until 5pm, they could determine to pay you or not. Salary is you get a fixed amount no matter how many hours you put in. This isn’t really salary based.

The company is so obsessive and pressures their sales force about breaking sales records and exceeding unrealistic sales quotas, they could care less about unexpected circumstances that could take place in their sales consultants’ lives. True Story: A few months back, I’d received tragic news about a personal matter. I’d notified management early in the morning that I was not able to work on that day due to a personal emergency. Later that afternoon, management had called me to discuss the matter of increasing my door knocks (number of businesses I go to on a daily basis) even when I was one of the top sales consultants in the company. This clearly shows they don’t care about their sales consultants and it’s all about their client Constellation!

Have to make a minimum of 3 sales per month, which is a set criteria from Constellation. So, if someone closed the largest account in history or closes 40 sales in one month; the sales consultant would be fired from making only 2 sales the following month. This doesn’t make any sense at all.

The sales consultants’ territories are too small to consider this as a long term career. The turnover rate is extremely high and it’s set up as a Churn and Burn Sales Company!

Hardly paid anything in advance to cover gas expenses or car depreciation while working. If you do the math, the amount of money a sales consultant makes isn’t much at all. They say you can make six figures, but only 1 or 2 sales consultants within the entire company have an income that’s somewhat close to that amount.

Advice to Management

Hire market managers and sales directors with actual management experience .

Eliminate the type of work environment where a sales consultant is too scared to ask particular questions due to the fear of possibly being fired or flagged from asking.

Remove the Pillars to Victory Steps. The BEST SALES CONSULTANT WILL NOT NECESSARY MAKE THE BEST MANAGER! Also it’ll save the company time and money if they allow certain sales consultants to perform projects or other activities within Trelevate. This allows them to utilize other skill sets and experience they may have in certain areas they would help benefit the company from a long term standpoint.

Make your sales consultants’ territories larger. This would allow good sales reps to stay and have the sense of long term longevity. Also, it saves the company money from hiring and training sales consultants who only stay with the company less than 3 months!

Stop being so secretive about company news or upcoming business development opportunities that may occur in the future. Make your sales consultants feel like they’re part of the company and just disposable toilet paper.

3. "Team Success"

Current Employee - Director, Account Management in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director, Account Management in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Trelevate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We pride ourselves on efficiency, integrity, teamwork and work/life balance. Our team as a whole works as a unit to help grow, motivate and elevate employees and our clients.

Cons

We are a growing company. I look forward to the expansion and with that hopefully a solid foundation for implanting a 401K option.

"Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Trelevate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome place to work at. Management is great.
    Big potential to grow inside this company. People get promoted very fast when they are performing.
    Company has great values and they really care about their employees.
    You can feel the team/family spirit every day here.

Cons

I can't think of any cons yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

5. "A New Life Awaits -- Wonderful Opportunity in Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Trelevate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Trelevate offers a wonderful opportunity to elevate yourself, others and your community. They gave me a chance when no one else had, and I'm glad for it. With the training they offer, the family and team atmosphere, work-life balance, and some personal gumption and goals, I have been able to do well.

PRO's: Great team atmosphere. Base pay. Good benefits (if you need them). WONDERFUL incentives and trips. OPPORTUNITY to make a new life. Upward mobility. Positive environment. Wonderful support from the corporate office, staff, and executive teams. Work-life balance. Networking with others from across the nation. Humble and personable leadership. FAMILY feel. You will be elevated. You will be challenged.

Cons

Little vacation pay year one; however, this is a very minor attribute.
    Not sure this is a CON however.... One must be self-motivated and have goals to work toward. If this isn't you, Trelevate may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Thank you for taking a chance on me and elevating me when I needed it the most.

6. "sales consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Trelevate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very thorough training , support and mentoring, great co workers and team spirit.
    Managers and coaches are always available to answer questions, help solve problems and assist with complicated or difficult sales.

Cons

So far there don't seem to be any cons.

Advice to Management

Exceptional network of regional, district and local managers; wouldn't recommend changing anything about this!

7. "Great place to work and learn"

I have been working at Trelevate full-time

Pros

Management is all about growing yourself as an individual through training and mentoring as well as moving people up within the company. If you need help, just ask! Fun work environment with supportive co workers.
    Community involvement is amazing. Current incentive is getting coats and turkeys to the less fortunate through sales contests!

Cons

If you're not use to a fast paced environment, it can take some time to adjust!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

8. "Great team"

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Trelevate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work in. Flexible and family oriented, with a great push for generating demand in the sales space.

Cons

Growing at a rapid rate. not a con, unless you aren't built to support. Which they are.

9. "Great Work Environment"

I have been working at Trelevate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at Trelevate. This is a fun, team orientated working environment where you feel like more than just a team member, you feel a part of a family. You are supported, encouraged and recognized and I am looking forward to many more years here.

Cons

No cons at this point.

Advice to Management

I have never worked for a company that invest in their employees the way Trelevate does. It's very much appreciated. Keep doing what you are doing.

10. "Everything they said it would be and More!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Trelevate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lifestyle balance. Entrepreneur spirit with a corporate backing. Unlimited opportunity for advancement. You have a voice in the company from day 1.
    Your opportunity for success is mapped out and I really like the transparency from ground level to upper leadership.

Cons

Growing pains with a newer company but you won't have a better opportunity anywhere else to grow as fast as you want to here at Trelevate.

Advice to Management

Couldn't imagine a better group of leaders!!!