TripleLift Reviews | Glassdoor

TripleLift Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2019

Found 45 reviews

4.6
TripleLift CEO Eric Berry (no image)
Eric Berry
Pros
  • "There are so many companies in the ad tech space that don't make the investments in either of these (and I've worked at them(in 7 reviews)

• "Young vibrant company, great people, good perks (snacks, yoga, meals, etc)(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company has grown a lot in the last several months(in 2 reviews)

• "I suppose the office sometimes gets a little loud, but that's part of having an open floor plan(in 2 reviews)

1. "Diamond in a haystack"

Former Employee - Client Services in New York, NY

I worked at TripleLift full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Triplelift is a unique company in that it has been able to maintain a unique and amazing company culture all while growing at an incredible pace. The company is lead by smart, passionate and personable executives who in turn have selected a strong management team that allows their employees to lead, participate and own the companies strategies and execution. As an employee, I always felt that I had the ability to... continuously influence my departments direction and collaborate to take on new projects. Triplelift continues to look ahead and not rest on its laurels which makes it an exciting, fast paced environment and not a place for people who do not have the ability to work in ambiguity. The company has some of the best people in the industry and that makes it stand out above most other ad tech/tech companies which lack the talent and unique culture. Couldn't recommend this company more!

Cons

The company has grown a lot in the past few years and focused on building more clear and scalable team structures. It's addressing but should not underestimate the importance of identifying and providing development resources for top performers and training for managers to focus on building up employees who may need more structure or direction to be successful. Work life balance can be challenging if you want to... succeed but it's balanced with a flexible work from home schedule and unlimited time off.

TripleLift2019-08-02
  2. "Great culture, great company"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at TripleLift full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very collaborative, kind, hard-working, smart people. Motivating place to work. Great leadership who goes the extra mile for their employees and ensuring success of the organization. Lots of social events. Lots of opportunities for career growth and mobility.

Cons

Engineering on-boarding can be difficult due to the complex nature of the industry, the business and the tech stack.

TripleLift2019-07-02
  3. "Innovation and communication"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TripleLift full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's really exciting to be part of a company that rolls out new products regularly (branded content, OTT, etc) and that places such a value on executive communication and availability. There are so many companies in the ad tech space that don't make the investments in either of these (and I've worked at them!) that it's refreshing to find one that does.

Cons

The company has something like 17 global offices so it's hard to get to know everyone other than at the global summits

TripleLift2019-04-25
  4. "Full Steam Ahead"

Current Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY

I have been working at TripleLift full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is going places and loves leaning into its talented workforce to get there

Cons

With all of the growth, sometimes senior executives don't overcommunciate what is going on.

Advice to Management

Dont forget to listen!

TripleLift2019-04-20
  5. "Great company with amazing future prospects"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineering in New York, NY

I have been working at TripleLift full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The People. TripleLift has smartest, most driven people I have ever worked with. This encompasses both the engineering and business sides. If you come to work here, you will grow in many ways just by mere talent / work ethic diffusion. - The Company Leadership. There is an incredibly capable leadership team here. The C level is always looking to the future while ensuring the present is taken care of... appropriately. * The Ethics and Morals in a traditionally questionable field (AdTech). TripleLift is the leader in programmatic native advertising, meaning we seek to reduce the unethical, amoral nonsense of intrusive advertising (major problem on the net) as much as we can. We always seek to earn, not steal, customer attention and therefore we, from our mission statements to our live products, are actually actively seeking to Make AdTech Better. * The Engineering Leadership. For engineering (both core and solutions) specifically, there were some bumps (from headcounts to processes to feedback) in 2017 / early 2018. These bumps have been properly documented (via gathering earnest feedback) and properly actioned. While we are always going to seek to improve, this has at least proven the current engineering leadership team can take feedback and action it properly (and as many people with at least 5 years of tech experience know, this can be pretty rare). * The Product. As I hinted at before, TripleLift is the technology company that invents, powers and scales ads that earn consumer attention. You'll be working on native, video, and other products that improve the AdTech ecosystem, which in of itself is a huge rarity. * The Future. TripleLift is currently The leader in native programmatic and rapidly climbing the ranks in other areas as well. I truly believe that TripleLift will be The Company people think of when you mention AdTech within 3-5 years. And most importantly, I truly believe this will be the case while we still ardently retain our purpose of earning customer attention, not stealing it.

Cons

I'm listing 3 "cons", but these are more issues we are aware of and currently addressing with priority. * growing pains. company is rapidly growing both in employee #, revenue, and product lines. sometimes 1 or more of those grow immediately without the others catching up. * tech side is a bit junior and you can see it in statements where engineers will state like or dislike of a language without real... analysis behind it (standard junior engineer mistake) or where junior engineers don't understand the concept of value add contributions (i.e., working on a 100k a day project doesn't make you valuable; how much you added to the project / team / org over the standard engineer does) * no longer a start up. triplelift is a fully fledged mid sized company. this means some red tape and some bureaucracy have inevitably snuck in. we don't iterate as fast as we used to anymore

Advice to Management

Let's keep focusing on employee retention and growth!

TripleLift2019-04-02
  6. "Great experience but a lot of room for improvement."

I worked at TripleLift full-time for more than a year

Pros

Office perks are great. Depending what team you join there is an all in this together attitude. A lot of opportunities to wear many hats. Very hopeful future with all the initiatives they are working on.

Cons

No management training. Favoritism in the work place. No priorities on career paths. Some teams are undervalued and not appreciated.

Advice to Management

Please train all managers. Teach them how to be leadera. Value the employees that make a difference.

TripleLift2019-04-10
  7. "Great atmosphere with smart, collaborative coworkers"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at TripleLift full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am closest to my team, so I think I'm in the best position to speak about them. The entire campaign management team is so smart, hard-working and collaborative. Because everyone is so collaborative and because the atmosphere is great, it's my favorite job.

Cons

The company is growing quickly so they added a second floor. It means that sometimes I have to take an elevator between floors, which can get annoying. It also makes for a slightly different culture between the teams on different floors.

Advice to Management

If there were a way to let employees use the stairs between floors, that would be great.

TripleLift2019-03-16

"Hustle and wait"

Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at TripleLift full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not a rigid structure, within reason you can carry out your job as you feel you need to. All the snacks and perks you would expect from a startup

Cons

People are told to hustle to help the company meet aggressive 4th quarter goals, "we need everyone [expletive] in hustle" said by leadership at town hall . After meeting q4 goals, the company announces they are changing the merit cycle from every 6 months to 1 year. If you happen to be in that group that was due for merit you have to wait or beg for it now. The rational given was something to the effect of, doing... it twice a year difficult for management. Great reward for all that hustle. Management is generally frugal. The company does not have a CTO, project managers, or people managers in many cases. These tasks fall randomly on people who are supposed to be doing other things. Last year the building has been a mess, AC broke 5 times, something like a gas leak that caused an evacuation, heat broke 2 times. C-level made sure they moved to the new floor, others are still upstairs. Many groups are understaffed and have open head counts that are never filled. A team with 3 junior people might have a senior/lead spot open for a year. Someone on that team leaves and are replaced with a junior person from a different group. That person might not even be experienced in the core skills required and will end up getting trained by 2 junior people. Signaling. Lets say you have been having a rough month, but at the end of it close two deals. Upper management might say to you in front of your peers, "Too bad we can't close two deals every week". That is generally the way since they don't know how to fix or help. The approach is to shame when things go bad and gush when things go well. In either case you will not get ANY assistance in ANY form.

Advice to Management

Do not just tell people they have failed, help them before they fail.

TripleLift2019-03-02

TripleLift Response

March 12, 2019CEO

This is a very exciting time for TripleLift and we are incredibly proud of our growth and expansion. Of course, with our rate of growth comes a few hurdles and we are genuinely trying to improve. We try to listen to everyone’s feedback to make TripleLift the best place to work - thank you for sharing! I’m sorry to hear about some of your experiences that may have been frustrating. Quick couple of notes: I totally hear you that recruitment is, and will continue to be, our top priority! We do agree with you that resourcing can be accelerated which is why we have expanded our recruitment team to deliver against our aggressive hiring goals. The company’s headcount grew by about 40% last year and we hired as fast as we could. Given that the company is one of the fastest growing in the country, and has been for several years, it is not easy to keep up with our personnel needs - but we try. It is harder to hire for some roles than others, but no roles were intentionally left open. We are also apologetic about the building. Unfortunately, building services issues are out of our control. We certainly try to put the necessary measures in place to ensure everyone has a fun, comfortable work environment to be productive in. We also give our employees flexibility to work from home or somewhere else if the working conditions are not optimal. That said, the issues were resolved some time ago. The executive team splits their time roughly equally between both floors in order to ensure it collaborates with every functional organization - this was not about building issues - and the team’s partial move only happened nearly six months after the building issues were resolved. I’m sorry you perceived it otherwise. Everyone was on one of two once-annual merit increase cycles, and we simply aligned everyone to be on the same cycle - everyone is eligible for the same number of annual raises as they were before. I apologize if that wasn’t clear - but as discussed in company-wide discussions, we are back-paying everyone’s raises that had their cycle moved and are giving an additional cash kicker on top for anyone’s troubles, so people are making more money than they would have otherwise. That said, I do appreciate your perspective and maybe we could have clarified the different components of this change better.

9. "A driven company"

I have been working at TripleLift full-time

Pros

Work with really smart engineers to solve difficult problems You'll learn more in a year here than three years in a big company The company has a lot of high perfomers at the top

Cons

Easy to burn-out due to high stress and lack of guidance, lack of streamlined on-boarding processes and non-existent career ladder. Be ready to be thrown into the deep end ( this might be a pro )

Advice to Management

Be willing to pay for good managers. A lot of junior level employees without strong technical leadership makes for a bad time.

TripleLift2019-01-01

"Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at TripleLift full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Brilliant coworkers - Motivated coworkers - Company and orgs are always motivated to improve, both personally and as a team - Bagels on Monday morning, Lunch on Wednesday, Pair Programming Food on Friday - So many snacks - The standard disconnect between the tech side and the commercial is drastically reduced. Where it exists, everyone tries to earnestly improve - Respect The Hustle

Cons

- Some people don't Respect The Hustle - Sometimes short and long term goals get mixed or work against each other - Occasionally, mountains are made out of molehills

Advice to Management

- Keep on chuggin'

TripleLift2018-08-23