88% would recommend to a friend
(362 total reviews)
97% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Turo
6 months ago
Hi Everyone! I currently work at Turo as a claims manager in Phoenix and I love it however due to my husband’s work moving out of state - we will be moving to Indiana. I have 9 years of progressive claims experience with Allstate and Turo. I currently lead four team managers and 30 claims advocates. I have managed various express and liability divisions with Allstate and I have liability, property and shared services experience. If anyone has any leads Thank You in advance 💗
Got a burning question about Turo? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Turo employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "No 401k match but there is a great retirement savings plan and pre" (in 8 reviews)
- "No 401k Matching" (in 7 reviews)
- "Upper management that was not promoted from within is pretty clueless as to the nature of how tough this particular customer support job is." (in 6 reviews)
- "There is blatant favoritism." (in 4 reviews)
- "While the company is racially integrated there isn't ANY diversity when it comes to management positions." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Turo and is not affected by filters.
Found 362 of over 394 reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWAug 13, 2023Trust and Safety SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsPhoenix, AZ
It cannot be explained in words how rewarding it is to be working here, it is just something that has to be experienced. Never have I worked for a company that actually does what it says, treats people with respect and hires and retains well deserving management and co-workers.
There is a heavy workload4
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Executive Support SupervisorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearPhoenix, AZ
Positive culture revolving around supportive team members and employee experience.
Would not honor any waivers for Covid
- 5.0Nov 9, 2023Executive SupportCurrent EmployeePhoenix, AZ
Great work life balance, CEO is an amazing person and genuinely wants to know all his employees
Budge cuts relating to excessive company parties, cliquesh leadership groups
- 5.0Sep 11, 2023Claim ProcessorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPhoenix, AZ
With it being a small marketplace, Claims department was a great department to learn about and grow my experience with claim's. It is nice and easy to grow within the company due to the management.
People Operations is not the best - They will receive a complaint but will not look into it further for you. It is best to keep your head down and do the work and you will be fine.1
- 5.0Oct 17, 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
- flexible PTO - NO -blame culture for on-call - super positive culture and company week - Remote friendly
- pending remodel office - lunch food can be better
- 5.0Sep 29, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
One of the best companies I have worked in my 15 years of experience. The company is still growing, the business is blooming, the IPO is getting close, people are nice, lots of benefits (401k match is available now), bonuses, RSUs, great WLB, so many things to list.
Some growing pain as the company doubled in a year, but it is a good thing.
- 3.0Nov 17, 2023Onboarding SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPhoenix, AZ
Great culture, nice managers, feel supported
Not a lot of room for growth, pay is not really a livable wage1
- 5.0Dec 19, 2022Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMilpitas, CA
The people at Turo are fun to work and hang out with. I have been here for awhile and this might be one of the best companies I have worked at by far. Before deciding to join Turo, I was a bit hesitant on the company's outlook. I am very glad I took a leap of faith. Everyone that I have talked to in and outside my team have welcome and appreciate everything I do for the company. The CEO wants to make sure everyone is contributing to help build a great product and put the trusts in everyones hand to make sure that happens. Turo has 2 offsite events that they host every year called "Turbo Week" and participate in various activities and events. It is a great time to finally meet a lot of folks that work remotely or people you don't work with at all. Turo supports a fully hybrid or remote work environment which I fully support.
For one, I am not a big fan of the SF office. I live in Milpitas and there is no close bart station within 20min of me. Driving into the office and parking would cost me $36 a day which unfortunately is not feasible. Free lunch is only on Wednesday which seems like the day where most people come into the office. Benefits are pretty good, but could be better.3
Turo Reviews FAQs
Turo has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 394 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Turo to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
88% of Turo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Turo 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.