KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

TutorMe Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2021

Found 156 of over 314 reviews

4.6
TutorMe CEO Myles Hunter (no image)
Myles Hunter
Pros
  • "Easy to use , good rates , fair opportunity given(in 43 reviews)

• "The lesson space is extremely easy to use for all (including those who aren't tech savvy)(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You need to be quick to claim lessons(in 9 reviews)

• "Sometimes it is difficult to get students because there are many tutors(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of TutorMe and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A respectable place to do honest work

Aug 27, 2021 - Online Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

From the point of this post, I had not long ago started (a little over a week from now), and I already am enjoying myself and like what is involved in the company. I appreciate that it is the service that is emphasized and supported because people come here to get tutor help which is priority #1. By honoring and respecting the principle of truly guiding the student in their recognizing and strengthening their independent learning, any tutor regardless of time in the field can find their own appreciation getting to work in this company for the love of the job. Consequently, the tutor gets to set their own schedule and establish their style and creative teachings to provide genuine, helpful guidance to students, wherever they're coming from in their learning and educational endeavors. Personally, I also find the virtual tutor lesson space very supportive as well, with its user-friendly tools and screen sharing!

Cons

So far (given I've been in this company for a little over a week now), the most strenuous part is awaiting for PayPal to be verified as this is currently the only way to receive pay, so even when you start working after being hired, you won't receive pay immediately following your first week. Depending on your current circumstances, that may not be a problem or it may be an issue unless you have other work. So please keep in mind that with this--as well as the pay and the logistics of matching with students--this should primarily or initially be seen as freelance work/gig/independent contract (the latter is the technical term used by the company) until you are able to establish yourself fully and consistently with numerous students. (Regarding the perspective spoken of here, for the record, this is not a con.)

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work from home, set your own hours

Sep 13, 2021 - Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid by the tutoring session rather than by the hour, TutorMe offers the freedom to work however often/whenever I choose, from the comfort of home. I tutor two different subjects which allows for a lot of variety. The platform is extremely simple to use, yet robust enough to switch each lesson from text to audio to video with screen-sharing capability at the click of an icon. Payment is seamless through PayPal.

Cons

Not the most lucrative of jobs, but I can recommend it to anyone who wants to work from home with very little hassle.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

It's a good company

Sep 10, 2021 - Private Tution in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

digital group studying platform which helps young learners to solve their subject queries, topic doubts and facilitate peer learning. Monitored by Meritnation Experts the platform is free for access to all our

Cons

What happens this way is that each of them knows more about a certain topic or chapter than they otherwise would have. Hence, larger part of the syllabus is covered. Demerit: Many feel that other members of the group may take undue advantage of their efforts. Chances are that some students do not prepare any notes at all and join these groups in order to get access to notes contributed by more hard working students.

4. 3.0

I left

Aug 18, 2021 - Tutor in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good money for a college student.

Cons

Dealt with rude parents and the management supported them.

5. 5.0

Tutor

Jul 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can work whenever you want

Cons

There is little to no work during the summer.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Algebra Tutor on TutorMe

Jul 6, 2021 - Student in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work on your own terms in your own time. Wage is acceptable for the level of work and comfort.

Cons

TutorMe is a competitive platform so tutors must be quick to accept requests.

7. 5.0

Great company

Jul 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, and co-workers. Everyone is focused on the mission and contributes to the goal.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment.

8. 3.0

Don’t work here

Jul 7, 2021 - Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours Can be done remotely

Cons

No upward growth They changed it so you get paid less Little hours You’re being monitored 24/7 Could just be a tutor yourself

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

May 25, 2021 - Academic Tutor in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to schedule around. You can tutor whenever you want and the students I’ve worked with are great! They are eager to learn and want to do better.

Cons

Hard to not take sessions when you don’t have time. Every time I see a notification I want to take the tutoring session but you don’t have to, I just have a hard time not taking them when I’m busy and they come up.

10. 4.0

A Great Way to Teach Students and Improve Your Own Understanding of Material

May 31, 2021 - Math Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Numerous ways to provide visual aids to students, improved material understanding for both you and the student, remote work experience provides a good work and life balance

Cons

Lessons get claimed really fast

Viewing 1 - 10 of 156 Reviews