Upsight Reviews | Glassdoor

Upsight Reviews

Updated Oct 2, 2018

Found 55 reviews

4.0
Upsight CEO Andy Yang (no image)
Andy Yang
Pros
  • "Kontagent is building an incredible product in a rapidly growing market(in 13 reviews)

• "The executive thoroughly believe in a solid work-life balance and go the extra mile to provide a superb work environment(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "rather than giving customers what they want, company instead ops for making overcomplicated features that no one needs(in 4 reviews)

• "Kontagent is not in it's own building so you can't bring your dog to work in this building(in 4 reviews)

1. "Rough Times But Still Potential, Need New Product Leader"

Former Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Upsight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Culture is hands down the best I've ever experienced. Management really tries to find people who are smart, hardworking *and* kind with the highest integrity. No politics there. You become real friends with your coworkers, and maintain relationships with 90% of the people who move on. For all the business issues at Upsight, the executive team has excelled at building an inspirational culture that is hard to find... anywhere else. I miss it. - You learn a lot here about very complex tech that can easily be applied to other industries and companies, and will serve you well in your career long term. But it's not for the faint hearted. You have to be willing to learn and dive deep into hard topics, and take initiatives on your own to advance. - No shortage of opportunities to learn and problems to solve. But again, you have to be a self-starter. Upsight moves fast so there is no hand holding. If you don't try to step up, you won't last long there. - Catered meals, transportation stipend, vacation bonus, fitness allowance, and pretty good benefits for a small startup

Cons

- Changing directions. Market moves fast and Upsight adapts quickly but that can be hard to keep up if you're a regular employee. - Product leader is stubborn and arrogant, and doesn't listen to customers or external facing teams. Technology and engineering teams (some of smartest people I've met) are great but the actual product wasn't built to be easy to use or have defined use cases. Product likes to say no... to external feedback and then build stuff they think is interesting but no one wants. Makes it hard for others to sell. Probably main reason nontech people leave. - Need to improve communications internally. Can be frustrating to not know what to focus on.

Advice to Management

Replace your product leader with someone who actually builds products that can sell to bigger market. Increase and improve internal communications and all hands meetings. Let your employees know what's going on even if all the details aren't hammered out yet.

Upsight2018-10-02

"Value of knowledge"

I worked at Upsight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of geniuses are scattered around the Upsight team. It was great to work with and learn from them. Also given the company is quite small, for those who are motivated, you can learn and do a lot.

Cons

The industry itself is volatile and Upsight still hasn't found it's fit through numerous merges and acquisitions. Most gaming companies don't last that long so churn is through the roof. Also the product is way to complicated for the average customer to understand. Quick and drastic decisions are usually made by the executives without much input from the rest of the company or warning. Product team was not very... open to feedback or interested in educating the team.

Advice to Management

More actions less words and don't give management positions to incompetent or non passionate people.

Upsight2017-08-02
  3. "Upsight is awesome"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Upsight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Don't think I will ever be at a company that has a better culture than Upsight. You work in the mobile gaming industry, which is such an amazing industry because (in my opinion) it is leading the way in terms of technology innovation.

Cons

Very technical product. Upsight lives in a very competitive marketplace (analytics). That's kinda it.

Advice to Management

Easier integration.

Upsight2017-06-13

"Awesome People, Product, Leadership and Culture"

I worked at Upsight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked in a lot of different companies and I can say without hesitation that Upsight is one of the best. I normally don't write reviews, but Upsight is a company that deserves to have its vision, value and people praised. The leadership team really cares about the well-being of everyone who works there, they make sure everyone feels heard and appreciated. Upsight also has some of the smartest people you'll have... the honor to work with. People here are passionate about marketing tech and have an intense understanding of the marketplace and industry needs. They're also some of the nicest, most inclusive people in Silicon Valley that you'll ever meet, I've made life long friends and business partners here. Upsight's platform is also perhaps the most advance in the market today. It's a diverse offering and addresses real pain points, this means adoption will only continue to grow.

Cons

Leadership and people here are very intelligent. To the uninitiated, this can be intimidating. You'll need to take the time to really learn and understand both the product and the broader industry in order to be successful here. They have high expectations, but they'll never expect you to deliver more that what they themselves can deliver.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Your product is advanced and the market is beginning to catch up with what it delivers. Continue to respect employees and push people to grow. Upsight employees appreciate it and know you care about their professional development.

Upsight2017-03-27
  5. "Customer Success Manager"

I have been working at Upsight full-time

Pros

Great People. Great Benefits. Lots of opportunities for professional growth.

Cons

The marketplace is saturated and very competitive. Struggling to compete.

Upsight2017-03-16
  6. "A lot of potential + best culture I've ever experienced"

I worked at Upsight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- One of the smartest exec teams I've ever worked with. Average employee is also smart--a lot of math PhDs there. - Saw consolidation in the space, executed handful of M&A deals way before others in the market did. - Rebuilt entire tech stack that can scale with biggest mobile publishers in the world; competitors' products often break once too many data points are sent -- one of the main reasons customers come to... Upsight after trying competitors cheaper subscriptions. - Management team truly cares about employees. Andy walks the walk--he has turned down deals that would've not been good for employees even if they meant he/exec team could make a lot of money. - Some of the smartest coworkers here, but no ego at all. Collaborative environment where people genuinely care about each other and foster learning and professional and personal growth. - Respectful work-life balance. Exec team cares about ensuring you have a well-rounded life, and they care a lot about the well-being of your loved ones.

Cons

- If you need a lot of hand-holding, direction and/or external validation, this may not be the right place for you. Everyone is a self-starter and figures stuff out fast so if you can't keep up, that will be hard for everyone. - The Upsight product is complex and covers a lot, so it can be difficult to understand. You need to be prepared to dig in and learn the ins and outs in order to earn respect. - Product... may have been too advanced for its time a few years ago, so adoption was slow but company is hitting its stride now and signing up major accounts.

Advice to Management

You guys are many steps ahead of the average employee. We trust you but it would be great if you sometimes shared with us all the outcomes we are optimizing for so we could ensure to balance the day-to-day operations to match those options. Also, product direction is solid and continue to invest in people. I've never worked with so many people who've left a company and would go back in a heartbeat.

Upsight2017-03-14
  7. "Lead Data Engineer"

Current Employee - Lead Data Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Upsight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Freedom, flexibility and complete transparency.

Cons

Things change very fast, things can get unpredictable.

Upsight2015-12-29

"Bittersweet"

I worked at Upsight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, vacation policy, free lunch...what I liked most about Upsight was the people until they all disappeared due to layoffs

Cons

Things change too abruptly. Layoffs happen too often and handled very poorly. Why hire good legitimate folks when they won't be around for long. Not a very stable environment.

Upsight2015-09-14
  9. "Great Culture"

I worked at Upsight full-time

Pros

People are really amazing and everyone is willing to work with each other. There is opportunity for growth at this company. If you're hired for a role but down the road find your interests lying somewhere else within the company you are encouraged to explore your options are figure out the best path for yourself. Also, great benefits and no micromanaging, know what you need to get down and make sure you do so.

Cons

more honest transparency in regards to company direction

Upsight2015-08-31
  10. "Great Product & Vision, High Turnover"

I worked at Upsight full-time

Pros

- Great product in an exciting space (mobile analytics) - There are some amazingly intelligent people here - Lots of fun events

Cons

- High turnover - Relatively low comp

Advice to Management

Focus on developing deeper relationships between management and employees.

Upsight2015-08-07