Upsight Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Andy Yang

1. "Awesome People, Product, Leadership and Culture"

I worked at Upsight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked in a lot of different companies and I can say without hesitation that Upsight is one of the best. I normally don't write reviews, but Upsight is a company that deserves to have its vision, value and people praised. The leadership team really cares about the well-being of everyone who works there, they make sure everyone feels heard and appreciated. Upsight also has some of the smartest people you'll have the honor to work with. People here are passionate about marketing tech and have an intense understanding of the marketplace and industry needs. They're also some of the nicest, most inclusive people in Silicon Valley that you'll ever meet, I've made life long friends and business partners here.

Upsight's platform is also perhaps the most advance in the market today. It's a diverse offering and addresses real pain points, this means adoption will only continue to grow.

Cons

Leadership and people here are very intelligent. To the uninitiated, this can be intimidating. You'll need to take the time to really learn and understand both the product and the broader industry in order to be successful here. They have high expectations, but they'll never expect you to deliver more that what they themselves can deliver.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Your product is advanced and the market is beginning to catch up with what it delivers. Continue to respect employees and push people to grow. Upsight employees appreciate it and know you care about their professional development.

2. "A lot of potential + best culture I've ever experienced"

I worked at Upsight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- One of the smartest exec teams I've ever worked with. Average employee is also smart--a lot of math PhDs there.
    - Saw consolidation in the space, executed handful of M&A deals way before others in the market did.
    - Rebuilt entire tech stack that can scale with biggest mobile publishers in the world; competitors' products often break once too many data points are sent -- one of the main reasons customers come to Upsight after trying competitors cheaper subscriptions.
    - Management team truly cares about employees. Andy walks the walk--he has turned down deals that would've not been good for employees even if they meant he/exec team could make a lot of money.
    - Some of the smartest coworkers here, but no ego at all. Collaborative environment where people genuinely care about each other and foster learning and professional and personal growth.
    - Respectful work-life balance. Exec team cares about ensuring you have a well-rounded life, and they care a lot about the well-being of your loved ones.

Cons

- If you need a lot of hand-holding, direction and/or external validation, this may not be the right place for you. Everyone is a self-starter and figures stuff out fast so if you can't keep up, that will be hard for everyone.
    - The Upsight product is complex and covers a lot, so it can be difficult to understand. You need to be prepared to dig in and learn the ins and outs in order to earn respect.
    - Product may have been too advanced for its time a few years ago, so adoption was slow but company is hitting its stride now and signing up major accounts.

Advice to Management

You guys are many steps ahead of the average employee. We trust you but it would be great if you sometimes shared with us all the outcomes we are optimizing for so we could ensure to balance the day-to-day operations to match those options. Also, product direction is solid and continue to invest in people. I've never worked with so many people who've left a company and would go back in a heartbeat.

3. "Lead Data Engineer"

Current Employee - Lead Data Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Data Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Upsight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom, flexibility and complete transparency.

Cons

Things change very fast, things can get unpredictable.

"Bittersweet"

I worked at Upsight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, vacation policy, free lunch...what I liked most about Upsight was the people until they all disappeared due to layoffs

Cons

Things change too abruptly. Layoffs happen too often and handled very poorly. Why hire good legitimate folks when they won't be around for long. Not a very stable environment.

"Upsight is the BOMB.COM !!!!"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- WONDERFUL people, close knit, feels like family
    - catered lunch, fun happy hours, shuffle board, ping pong, xbox in office
    - amazing platform that truly is the best
    - CEO who has an amazing vision for the company and is really friendly, approachable, fun, and sits right in the middle of sales and CSMs
    - opportunity for growth, and support to move into whatever you want to do
    - LOVE the culture!

Cons

I don't personally think of this as a con, I see it as a strength to the company but you must be okay with change. As a start up we are constantly changing our tactics and adapting to the mobile world and its trends. I find it exciting and fun, and it is the perfect amount of a challenge. :)

"Understaffed and Underappreciated"

I worked at Upsight full-time

Pros

-- Flexible hours
    -- Nice office
    -- Fun coworkers

Cons

-- Constantly in firefighting mode
    -- The resources to hire and build great teams aren't there yet
    -- Budget cuts
    -- Professional development is low priority/not possible for some teams

Advice to Management

“If you don’t like testing your product, most likely your customers won’t like to test it either.” - Anonymous

"Amazing people, amazing platform"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Upsight (More than a year)

Pros

> Awesome, smart, and dedicated people
    > Platform is by far best on market
    > Free lunches
    > Shuffleboard
    > Treated like an Adult

Cons

These are not con's but rather considerations for prospective employees
    > Very technical product, need tech chops
    > Business moves with speed, need to keep up
    > Fierce competition

"Exciting mobile start up with tons of potential on the horizon"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Upsight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Upsight for 2.5 years and it's been one of the most fulfulling jobs I've ever had. Working at a start up, you just expect that the next 6 months to be unpredictable and typically this would be a negative, but in this case it's a positive. Andy Yang, CEO, and Josh Williams, CTO/Chairman, have no intention on building a stagnant business and are consistently keeping their fingers on the pulse of the industry, customer needs and our product to keep us moving forward. With this comes change, but in a positive way.

Benefits are great and work/life balance is flexible. The company definitely places an emphasis on being accountable to the team and the company, but you are given plenty of opportunities to decide what they means for you.

The executive team is transparent and values an aggressive but humbled workplace.

Cons

Big ambitions, scaling resources.

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Upsight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly the best company culture I've ever been a part of. The executive thoroughly believe in a solid work-life balance and go the extra mile to provide a superb work environment.

There is never a dull moment. My team is working hard to solve some of the biggest problems in the mobile analytics & marketing world... and its exciting. This product has major potential.

The Recruiting and People team are on another level. My experience has been excellent from the day the recruiter contacted me. I am honored to be part of this organization and wake up everyday excited to come to work.

Cons

I guess there could be more transparency and communication around company direction. Other than that, it is hard to think of any negatives.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Best Company I've Been At"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Upsight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at companies where the positive reviews were clearly written by marketing and the negative reviews were warning signs, but this place is the best place I've ever worked.
    Everyone is fun and easy going, ZERO weird politics. Mobile analytics is still growing exponentially so the industry is the right one to be in.

Cons

Been several months and I have not found a con yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The culture here seems to be a lot due to the management's methods.