Upsight Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 41 of over 41 interviews

Employee Referral20%
Campus Recruiting20%
HardAverageEasy

Upsight

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upsight

Interview

I applied via a job post online. First, I had an interview with HR. Then proceeded to do a second interview with someone on the dev team. I was given a sample app to build based off their SDK. I built and sent it in. Several days passed. I followed up with HR and was told they would not be continuing with my application. I politely emailed them two times asking for an explanation/feedback on the app I sent in. Nothing. I know what I'm doing. I know it worked correctly (as I understood the requirements). I was just looking for an explanation. After all, I did give them 6-7 hours of my time building it. The least they could do is give some feedback. Actually, the least they can do is exactly what they did....ignore me and waste my time.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? How do you think you would fit in? What types of projects do you prefer to work on? etc, etc
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

Interview

Phone Interview followed by Skype Technical Interview - several interviewers on the following topics: programming languages, scripting, Unix, customer service After that interview in person was held at the office and Skype Interviews with Hiring Manager, other Senior Management Offer after last step

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Upsight (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2016

Interview

The interview process was standard for the industry except that I had a phone screening with a recruiter, then the VP, then the hiring manager. After that I was invited for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
  • Before the interview they asked me to prepare a presentation - on any topic of my choice. The purpose was to see how well I presented for small groups. When I got to the interview they informed me this is also how they "weed" out candidate who are not serious about the position.

Upsight

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Upsight

Interview

The entire process: I first had a phone call with a recruiter. Was pretty brief. Had another phone call with someone, was asked a combination of behavioral and coding questions. Was not asked to submit any shared code, just talk through the problems. We did not discuss Big O/any optimizations, just the general gist of how to solve them. Then asked to work on a coding project for a few days. Submitted the coding project. At the onsite, the first task I had was to sit in a room alone and spend a few hours adding functionality to the coding project. I was told at the end that my project was "okay" and I had some mistakes, but I wasn't sure what they were, and we didn't go over them. I then had two Skype interviews as part of my onsite with folks who work remotely. I got to meet 2 different employees over lunch and then had 1 in person interview during the entire onsite. Overall the quality of the interview process was pretty low and the vibe was completely different from the exciting/cerebral startup environment I've been exposed to in prior interview experiences. I would not recommend going through the process.

Interview Questions
  • One question that they asked: how would you prioritize tasks assigned to you? What factors would you consider and why?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Upsight (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

I really enjoyed my interview process, it was the friendliest bunch of people and they were way more enthusiastic than other companies I interviewed with. It started with a phone screening, then a second phone interview with the BDR Manager, then two onsites. Definitely do your research on the product and the mobile space. It was a fun process and making sure you're a good culture fit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Upsight (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2015

Interview

I was contacted to set up an initial interview but was flaked on 3 different times. The first was to reschedule at the last minute. The second, I never received the call. The third time, I received an email that the person's phone wasn't working. It was really unprofessional and a complete waste of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Upsight (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015

Interview

Interview process went fairly quick, though a bit disorganized. Initial phone screen was with a friendly tech lead who confessed to having limited experience with interviews and said he was thrown into the position - not a big deal, though certainly an indicator of how the rest of the interview would be conducted. Next round was a two-part coding challenge to be completed over the weekend. First part was an HTML/ CSS challenge to build out a webpage given an image. Second part was a JavaScript challenge with vaguely written requirements - I ended up assisting another applicant (via their github page) to better understand the logic. Over the weekend, I double-checked the company's website and noticed that the position that I applied to a few days prior was no longer listed. I thought that was curious, but proceeded with the test anyway. On Monday, I submitted the challenge via github. I experienced a similar outcome to another reviewer whereby not a single pull request was made. After two follow-up attempts, I received word back from a recruiter that while a strong candidate, they went forward with another. My suspicion, given the lack of pull request on github and the job posting removal, is that Upsight offered the position to a candidate before I started the challenge. Would have been nice to know before spending the time coding. If you apply, confirm the position is still available.

Interview Questions
  • Phone screen was common JS definitions. Design challenge was to build out a site given a design image. Coding challenge was to develop a string validator given a list of rules.

Upsight

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Upsight

Interview

Great process and very indepth. Felt prepared and not overwhelmed - team was easy to talk with and get your excited about the opportunity. Culture was good for a long day of interviewing

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Upsight

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Upsight in Sep 2014

Interview

I was looking for co-op internship, and Skype interview was arranged. The main role of this position I applied is to write documentation. It took me 30 minutes in total, and the interviewer sent me a documentation file to ask me to correct grammar mistake and check whether there are missing parts and redundant parts.

Interview Questions
  • The unexpected question is to let me check grammar mistake of existing documentation rather than write a documentation based on a function or a program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Upsight (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2014

Interview

Comprehensive and thorough interview process consisting of an initial technical phone screening, and an in-person half day presenting a design/solution to a coding challenge to the entire team, as well as talking to other employees located remotely. The coding challenge is in two stages, the requirements being presented in advance of the interview. The first stage is to define the solution and present it to the team in person, then after the interview to spend however much time it takes (a day or two usually?) to implement the solution and upload it to github for examination by the team. Despite having been asked to go ahead and implement the solution after the presentation to the team and spending the weekend coding it, I was disappointed to find that not one single pull request had been made on the github account to evaluate the code.

Interview Questions
  • Had a talk with a hybrid technical / marketing employee who had a peculiar way of communicating; after describing the general functioning of their system at length he simply stopped talking, and I suddenly realized in horror that the run on sentence had actually turned into a question. Having no prior exposure to the implementation details of a social analytics platform, I found it challenging to formulate solutions and had to ask for clarifications on both the problem domain and specific question posed.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Interviews