VRTC Reviews | Glassdoor

Eduardo Torres

1. "Best experience"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

I have been working at VRTC since April 2015 and it has been a great experience thus far. I have never worked in this industry and now can say the world of Adverstising has its up's and downs.

I work with an awesome group of professional people. The team work and leadership are very different from other companies that I have worked before.

VRTC management team is laid back but with a clear focus on goals and objectives. I have been able to grow personally and professionally and can honestly say I look forward to the future

Cons

Since I'm relatively new as of to date I can say there are no cons that come to my mind that I feel like blasting on the website or that really matter. I love my job and those that I work for and with.

Advice to Management

The management team is great so far the only advice i would give them is to keep up the hard work and leadership also the training program and perks for employees is a great way to show that you care.

2. "Mom and Pop shop"

Former Employee - Management in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Houston, TX

Pros

They get you hands on right away with close to zero training. Experienced staff will see this as an advantage. Non-experienced can either sink or swim.

Cons

Very little training if at all. Slow process with everything they do. Two decision makers run the company and take zero direction/suggestions from the managers they hire. Small mom and pop operation. Latino mentality, Spanish is spoken and English ignored. Aim for small accounts.

Advice to Management

Get some real management, with new and fresh ideas. Quit recycling ideas from the 80's and trust your people.

3. "Great company and team!"

Current Employee - Junior Account Executive in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Account Executive in Torrance, CA

I have been working at VRTC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is great! even though I am relatively new I have been welcomed with warmth and open arms. Training was extensive and I feel my supervisor is always making sure I am doing good and reaching out to her if i have doubts or problems. I feel I have learned a lot in a short period of time and I am growing in my advertising career. The work environment is laid back yet professional, the office looks nice and the work load is just enough to keep us busy but allow us to have a good life-work balance ( which does not happen in all agencies).
    Since we are a small team, we get to wear many hats, I enjoy this because i can learn about different areas of advertising and not just limit myself to doing/knowing one thing.
    The team at the LA office is amazing, they always have a smile on their faces and good attitude, it feels like being part of a small family.
    The team in Texas seems like a lot of fun, we have constant communication with them and they are always willing to help and listen to our needs.
    We have great ( and interesting) clients and I believe this company really knows how to reach the Hispanic market and build brand identity.
    VRTC is a growing hispanic agency with a bright future ahead, I am happy to be part of the team.

Cons

So far i am happy with everything, if you are not okay with something they make it clear from day one that they are always there to listen to employee's concerns.

Advice to Management

Continue encouraging employees to do their best and continue being honest and transparent.

"Mexico Agency in US market"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at VRTC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1 or 2 employees that makes the difference, everybody uses MAC...

Cons

Management, Mexican mentality, language (they're creating the barrier against the US market), the creative team lack experience (in one side you have an old leader with recycle ideas from the 80's and in the other side you have a team with minimal or no advertising experience), high rate of agency commission (visible and hide), there's no creativity at all, high turnover, no job advancement or salary increase and more.

Advice to Management

Re-think what you want to accomplish in US and start with a fresh mind and team (specially creatives), put employees benefits first before fill your own pockets and be transparent/clear with employees and clients.

"Missed potential"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at VRTC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a self-motivated employee, you are able to wear different hats and learn many skills necessary for a true advertising professional. Supervisors usually were not micro-managers, but there was a lot of pressure to bring in more business.

Cons

Any agency employee knows long night are the norm, but here it's a way of life and there are no incentives or comp hours or days to compensate for the many long nights. Salaries are low and favoritism was very noticeable. Extremely unorganized.

Advice to Management

Have more faith in your employees, and compensate better. In the time I worked there, I saw a lot of great talent leave because of the lack of incentives and low morale.

"A Lesson in Personal Growth but NOT Advertising"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at VRTC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

May get to travel often and work at the headquarters in occasions. Will learn to develop personal skills and very thick skin. Will actually get to speak Spanish as that is the main language of interaction.

Cons

Management promises training that will never come - will get thrown into projects and you'll either sink or swim. Those who hold senior positions will often not share projects with others, they want to keep the upper hand when it comes to dealing with the client and get all the credit. Long long long hours with very little return - both financially or personal gain. Unrealistic expectations when it comes to deadlines and there is no room for questions or mess ups- you will be called out, in trouble and thought not capable of doing your job. Most work is done with employees at headquarters which just means projects take longer. Sometimes difficult to try to make an advertising piece for Hispanic Americans that may not necessarily be natives to Mexico - many explanations that hit dead ends. Compensation is well below industry average.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to employees and not just compensate those who agree with everything you like. Compensate your employees for the hard work they put in to make your business flourish.

7. "Great team"

I worked at VRTC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team to work with.

Cons

It's a company that is still growing, so you have to be patient in order to be promoted.