Vectra Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Bruce K. Alexander

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Bank"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vectra Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked in both large, and small, financial institutions and I can say my favorite thing about Vectra Bank is its size. Vectra strikes the perfect balance between a community bank and their larger national competitors. As a division of Zions Bancorporation (ZB, N.A.), Vectra is part of an organizational structure that is capable of providing the support, resources, and capital consistent with the largest banks in the country. At the same time, Vectra is still small enough you feel like you have the ability to influence and make local decisions in the day-to-day operations and goals of the bank.

Cons

In today's regulatory environment, being in the financial industry is tough and at times can seem rigid and indecisive. While I believe the management team at Vectra takes every opportunity to eliminate road blocks and bureaucracy, some things are inherit in our business today and this can be frustrating for employees and customers. No organization, or team, is perfect - and there are always growing pains as organizations adapt and change.

2. "Feel the Wrath of Zions"

I worked at Vectra Bank full-time

Pros

Bruce is a great guy; and was a very friendly CEO that is well known in the community. Had good colleagues.

Cons

They promote hard working sales associates to managers, resulting in poor working moral. The wrath of Zions is horrible. You feel the conservative mormon vibe in everything. Very challenging credit. Local decision making was being removed.

Advice to Management

Improve morale, get competent managers, not good sales folks.

3. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Vectra Bank full-time

Pros

Open communication and great people to work with! Vectra Bank cares about the employees and customers. The environment is cohesive and there is great ability to grow with the Bank even if it's in your current job.

Cons

This is a great Company that does the right things.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage employees on their thoughts and recommendations.

4. "Vectra Bank Colorado"

I have been working at Vectra Bank full-time

Pros

I love working for a Company where the Executive Committee is known company wide. Vectra is very much an open door company where employees are heard and empowered. What Company holds annual Town Hall Meetings in all geographical areas of the Company - Vectra does! It is nice working for a Company where you actually like going to work every day.

Cons

Vectra is currently going through centralization and many changes under the Zions Bancorp umbrella. Centralization is never without its issues. Processes are not yet simple, easy and fast - which is the Vectra and Zions mission. I look forward to that mission statement becoming real in the future.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and communicating to the entire employee base of Vectra Bank.

"Annonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vectra Bank full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Accessibility to the C-Suite creates a unique opportunity for exposure and to influence decisions and change. A large backing from Zions Bancorporation, coupled with a local feel that is customized in Colorado to suit our market is advantages to customers and employees.

Cons

There are a few pains associated with ironing out a consolidation in the all affiliate Charters to one (Z.B.,NA).

Advice to Management

Work with your employees. Employees leave managers, not companies. At this size, you need to have an open dialogue to disseminate information to your staff and support them in their careers. Some are really great and others not so much.

6. "Executive Banking"

I worked at Vectra Bank full-time

Pros

Overtime avail and good people

Cons

Lay offs over a year

"V P Business Banking Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Vectra Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Customers, prospecting and co-workers made my job at Vectra Bank enjoyable.

Cons

Managers were all "brow beaters", sexists and fearful of each other instead of being leaders. Quotas are KING and customers' best interests were misused to meet those monthly quotas. Employees openly discuss with each other their personal struggle with the need to compromise their ethics in order to maintain their job.

Advice to Management

Remember how costly Wells Fargo's recent scandal was when it was disclosed that employees routinely opened bogus accounts that customers did not need or even knew about, all in an effort to meet "performance quotas". It will eventually reflect on senior management and on your stock price.

8. "Overall a good place to work"

Pros

Friendly co-workers and managers. Easy to take time off. Variety of tasks in the job role.

Cons

Dental insurance is not very good. Job role is constantly changing and communicated to us.

Advice to Management

Communicate changes more effectively to staff.

"Lots of long term employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vectra Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive team and managers, flex scheduling, above average pay. Free parking or eco-pass. Many employees who have been there 10, 20 or more years. They are really investing alot of money in software and systems.

Cons

Top heavy. Lots of VPs in big offices that only work when they feel like it and brag about their expense accounts. Everyone in the bullpen has to punch a clock and do all the work. Pretty conservative/old school banking culture. Casual dress days are few and far between.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on flex scheduling, teleworking and other perks to reward employees.

10. "Appraisal Reviewer"

I have been working at Vectra Bank full-time

Pros

Average pay compares with others

Cons

Don't want to discuss about the company downside