Vendini Reviews | Glassdoor

Vendini Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2019

Found 55 reviews

Vendini CEO Mark Tacchi (no image)
Mark Tacchi
Pros
  • "Great people, awesome culture and supportive environment(in 10 reviews)

• "There has been real investment in bettering the work environment(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Open office environment can be distracting and loud at times(in 4 reviews)

• "Small company trying to compete in a crowded space without venture capital(in 4 reviews)

"Lots of improvement over the past year"

I have been working at Vendini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Vendini has grown up a lot over the past year or so. Over the past couple of years, they made some tough but very needed decisions to let go of a few top executives and made some great additions to the leadership of the company. I've seen lots of promotions since I've been at the company and it seems to be growing into a place that rewards hard work and people who focus on solving problems. The benefits are solid... and the company has made a lot of improvements to their wfh policy and overall flexibility. I find my role and department to be rewarding which hasn't always been the case and I think that the Customer Success and Sales departments are especially great departments to work in.

Cons

Past missteps do still haunt some people who have been at the company awhile and that can negatively contribute to the culture. However, all in all the company seems to be moving in a positive direction culturally. It's still sometimes hard to really understand the strategic vision of the company and there is sometimes disfunction that originates at the CEO / top executive level. However, the leadership team that is... in place now seems to be focusing on the right things and there are fewer and fewer bizarre comments and decisions that come down from the top. The product and engineering team still seems to be fairly dysfunctional. While there have been improvement in this area, there's still a lot of room to grow to get the product and internal product development processes to a good place as well as establishing a level of accountability with this group when things break due to this dysfunction. There's a new product leader and also some reorganization at the top that make me hopeful this will improve in the near term, but this is the area that still needs to most improvement.

Advice to Management

Continue valuing people who work hard and focus on solutions. Continue investing in managers and retaining the people who are meeting and exceeding their job expectations.

Vendini2019-03-19
  2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Vendini full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great work environment -Amazing culture -Ideal office locations -Fair benefits

Cons

-Comp is a little less than elsewhere -Has some internal communication issues between frontline and managment

Vendini2019-07-18
  3. "Select people made it bearable for a time."

Former Employee - Customer Success

I worked at Vendini full-time

Pros

The kind, smart people that were on my team.

Cons

Chaos. Lack of communication. Turnover in management.

Vendini2019-07-01

"Your career and life will suffer from working at this dead-end company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Vendini full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Some of the people who work there are cool (just like anywhere else). * There's a bar downstairs where everyone goes to drink and complain about their dead-end job after work every day. So at least it's close.

Cons

* Unfortunately, the bar downstairs is also pretty expensive. It's going to be difficult to afford drinking there on the uncompetitive salary you're likely getting at Vendini. If you're working on commission, forget I mentioned the bar. You can't afford it. * The "leadership" team had no vision and provided no actual leadership. It seemed like there was no consensus on what they were even trying to accomplish.... This was a daily topic of discussion for everyone in the office, from the department heads down to the assistants. Bellyaching about the lousy leadership was probably the single most unifying thing about the culture at Vendini. * The product itself is buggy, difficult to use, and so far behind the competition it makes you wonder how they're staying in business. * Here's how: they have a small group of very loyal customers barely keeping them afloat. They're mostly tiny, regional theaters putting on their 175th production of "Our Town." Admittedly, Vendini does a great job of giving white glove service to this small group. If you work in CS, this means you'll spend plenty of time on the phone with the same 10 customers troubleshooting the same 10 problems with the app on a daily basis. * The office itself is excruciatingly loud. Imagine 30-40 people in a room all playing music at their desks. Now try to imagine making a sales call, or writing a strategic plan, or concentrating on anything in that environment. * The CEO is actually a very sweet man. Tragically, he's surrounded by a leadership team of self-serving manipulators who never seemed to reflect his values. I don't think he has any vision for the future either, but at least he's a nice man. Which I can't say about any of the vipers around him. Let me put it this way - he's basically Tommen Baratheon from Game of Thrones. * If you're a sales person you're going to hear the same (very reasonable) objections day in and day out. The product team won't address them, so enjoy banging your head against the wall and going home hungry. The best sales guy there is the head of the sales team. He's a really good guy, but also a really good salesman. Keep this in mind if he's trying to sell you on working there. * When I was there, it felt like everyone was working under the assumption (and hoping, really) that Vendini would get bought out by a competitor. The fact that this hasn't happened says something about the perceived value of the company in the market: that it's not even worth buying and firing everyone just to take their market share. That would be like buying a wrecked 1998 Toyota Tercel at it's original sticker price to sell for parts. There's just not enough value there make it worth anybody's time or money. If you're considering a job at Vendini and you're still unsure whether or not it's a good career move after reading this, then you're probably a good fit for the company. If you care about furthering your career, keep looking. Vendini wasn't a happy place for anyone I knew when I was working there.

Advice to Management

For starters, improve your product. It looks and feels like you're using a POS system at a fast food joint thats running Windows '95. Other than that...I don't know. Resign? Let someone with passion and vision take a stab at turning it around? They didn't listen to anyone when I was there, so I don't think they'd listen to anyone here. I'll just end by saying the only actual encouragement I felt like I received... there was being "encouraged" to write a positive review on Glassdoor. Management is well aware of how they look on here. I'd take the positive reviews here with a bucket of salt.

Vendini2019-04-11
  5. "A fun work environment"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Vendini full-time for more than a year

Pros

A fun work environment with a small staff, so it's easy to bring issues to staff if needed

Cons

The company can be a little disorganized with it's projects

Vendini2019-03-03

"Save yourself and look elsewhere"

I worked at Vendini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hmm that's tough to really think of a pro here. You can grab an occasional snack from the kitchen, big whoop.

Cons

* No long term company vision * You'll be spinning your wheels trying to get anything important or forward thinking done * Good luck ever getting a promotion * Executive board is so concerned with pleasing the CEO they do not care whatsoever about their employees * Mass layoffs at the snap of a finger, even if you're succeeding at your position * Terrible retirement benefits Overall a massive waste of time

Advice to Management

Instead of thinking about what you could have done, look forward to what you CAN do.

Vendini2019-01-24
  7. "Amazing people"

I have been working at Vendini

Pros

The people make the company. Great people here.

Cons

Not too many - the ticketing space can be a tough nut.

Vendini2018-09-25

"Wonderful people, but a bad work environment"

I worked at Vendini full-time

Pros

A lot of the lower-level people and direct managers I worked with were amazing. Extremely caring and absolutely hysterical. They are the entire reason I stayed as long as I did. Lots of snacks, and pretty decent PTO. In my experience overtime(which you're paid time and a half for if you're not salaried) was never denied or discouraged.

Cons

-It was a constantly stressful environment where very few people aside from the sales team ever felt appreciated. -There was a huge round of layoffs, after which they said we were in a good place. Then they laid off most of the American engineering team. -Product roadmap is constantly changing(leading to an unconscionable waste of time for those involved in scrapped projects) and bugs get fixed at an... absolutely glacial pace. I didn't realize until I left for a functional software company that bugs can get fixed at a timeframe quicker than 3 months(MINIMUM! often longer!!), and that it shouldn't lead to 10 other issues being created as a result. -It's not uncommon to hear about certain execs screaming at employees in meetings. -I was underpaid the entire time I worked there, and my direct manager changed over twice a year. -pretty substantial lack of growth oppertunities -way more platforms than we could support -No 401 k match

Advice to Management

There need to be some serious changes on the exec level. Please bring someone in who has a track record of running a software company well. Transparency can go a long way to instilling trust. And PLEASE show some more appreciation for your Customer Success team. Morale is dangerously low.

Vendini2018-07-23

"Has massively improved over the past two years"

I have been working at Vendini full-time

Pros

There has been real investment in bettering the work environment. Company culture has improved and there is much more communication between teams. You are trusted to do your job and get your work done without being micromanaged. Vendini is a great place for people who are passionate about live events - many people who work here are in the arts in some way. There are great benefits and the company has offices... in different locations across the US that Vendini is pretty flexible on allowing you to travel to and work from.

Cons

Company vision and priorities aren’t always consistent. There should be more drive towards goals that aren’t changing often.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in employee’s personal growth and development that deserve it and let go of those that aren’t a good fit.

Vendini2018-05-12

"Do not trust anything they say"

Former Employee - Member Services in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Vendini full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros, toxic and hostile work environment. Culture of blame and shame.

Cons

literally every part of your day is the downside, executives protect favorite employees

Advice to Management

if you are a high value client, you will be taken care of, otherwise you will be ignored. They do not have a festival team it is a complete joke.

Vendini2018-05-10