VentureWeb Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Matthew Jankelow

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Incredibly positive experience so far"

Current Employee - Marketing Contractor in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Marketing Contractor in New Orleans, LA

Pros

- Excellent preparation for interview (they provided ample information, many supportive documents and meetings). When the actual final hiring interview came, it was incredibly painless because I was so well prepped by VentureWeb
    - Excellent skill-matching. It took a little time before I was matched with a contract, but when I was, it was a perfect fit.
    - Outstanding support. VentureWeb has not left me out to dry in any way. We have monthly one-on-one meetings that help me understand how to get the most out of my contract role and they are always looking out for any additional work for me.
    - Unbeatable work-life balance.

Cons

- You may have to wait a while to get a contract role that fits. Not necessarily a con though, as it prevents you from getting tied up in a role that isn't right for you.

Advice to Management

I honestly don't have much! I would love to see the onboarding training get updated a bit-- sometimes nomenclature and systems that my new role assumed that I would know didn't get explained to me or used outdated terms. I would have loved an acronym and term glossary going in.

Jul 21, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Wow! Thank you so much for your lovely and thorough review. VentureWeb is so thankful to have you. So glad that the prep was so thought out and you felt supported through the hiring process and... More

"Full time contract work"

Current Employee - Web Content in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Web Content in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at VentureWeb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is extremely nice
    Communication is great and they really do a lot to make sure you are comfortable and feel okay in your contract position

Cons

Not many benefits. They recently offered Health and Dental, which is great. Would love if there were vacation benefits for contractors.

Jul 21, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It is so appreciated! We are happy that you feel supported in your role as Associate. On an ongoing basis we are looking at our benefits and seeing... More

"Contractor"

Pros

This is a great company to contract with; they really look for the right skills match and are strong advocates for their employees.

Cons

.It's improving rapidly; but as with all contracting companies the benefits aren't that strong. Some other contracting companies offer bonuses and vacation - that wasn't available yet with VentureWeb.

Advice to Management

Your strength is communication with employees - keep up the great work!!

Jul 21, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thanks so much for your review and for recognising the need for us to match the right person to the right placement. This is incredibly important to us as we want you to be happy! Thanks for also... More

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Site Manager in Moncton, NB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Site Manager in Moncton, NB (Canada)

I have been working at VentureWeb full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working for VentureWeb for 10 years now, and was one of their first Canadian hires. I'm thankful to be able to work remotely, as this offers great flexibility when it comes to work-life balance, and they are always helpful and accommodating when it comes to career advancement. I'm happy to consider myself one of the VentureWeb family and will continue to do so for years to come.

Cons

I don't find many cons for working with VentureWeb, the only downfall is being far away from an office, so I don't really get to enjoy the office comradery.

Dec 4, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so thankful to have you as part of our team. We welcome many years together!

5. "The best Company I have ever seen"

Current Employee - Digital Support Specialist in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Digital Support Specialist in Noida (India)

I have been working at VentureWeb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Working Hours, Good Employees, Friendly Enviornemnt

Cons

No Cons are there to mention.

Advice to Management

Everything is perfect. No need of any advice.

Dec 4, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Wow thank you so much for this fab review. We are very thankful to have you as part of our great, global team!

6. "Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I have been working at VentureWeb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is so special, so unique and so hard-to-find in this world!

Cons

None to mention so far!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and growing your happy, committed staff.

Nov 8, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so happy to hear that you are happy. We are focusing much attention on 'Growth' into 2018. Glad to have you part of the VentureWeb tribe.

7. "Employee Feedback"

I have been working at VentureWeb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at VentureWeb because it's a positive working environment with a team of people that respect and care for each other.

Cons

We possibly need to have a strong focus on work/life balance, but that is probably something that needs to be driven individually and by specific team managers.

Advice to Management

Thank you for setting the foundation for employees to work for such an amazing company. There will always be situations that need to be addressed with management which I send through as soon as they arise, but don't have any advise at this point.

Dec 6, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you so much for your very thoughtful review! Such great feedback in here. Thank you also for advising that you are happy to approach with any advice as things arise - we hope that you always... More

"Wouldn't work anywhere else..."

I have been working at VentureWeb full-time

Pros

Great talented people who care deeply about the work they deliver.
    An authentic and genuine company culture.
    Flexible options in both location and work.

Cons

Complexity of working in a global business. This includes time zone implications and connecting live with people around the world for effective communication.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the great culture that has been built in the business as you grow. Aligned with our values is to remember the constant obsession with talented and caring people.

Jul 21, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

We are very gracious for the excellent review! It is great to read all of the incredible things you have to say about VentureWeb and its unique culture. It is employees like yourself that help carry... More

"The best place to work!"

I have been working at VentureWeb full-time

Pros

You are provided with so much support - both personally and professionally. The people are genuine and friendly and set you up for for success. Flexible working arrangements are available. Best place I have ever worked, can't imagine working anywhere else :)

Cons

Can't think of any cons, I just love this environment and the innovative work.

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

Jul 21, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Great review - thank you! Love that you are feeling supported both personally and professionally. This is super important to us, reinforcing the human-to-human organisation that we strive for. Thanks... More

"There's no place like it"

Pros

Like anything you do in life, you get out what you put in. I have been with the company 5+ years and don't see myself leaving any time soon. I can't trust that other employers will meet my standards like VentureWeb has. Literally, this job is a dream come true. My list of pros are extensive: an ability to effect change; rewards and recognition; the ability to work in a truly global and inclusive environment. My colleagues span India, the UK, Canada, and South Africa and we connect weekly, sometimes daily as a department. We are sensitive to the cultural differences that make our organization unique and we celebrate those differences. As a company, we are united by our CEO. If it weren't for his visionary leadership, the organization would crumble. Matt Jankelow is engaging, his curiosity for business innovation is infectious, and he has built an authentic business that is felt at all levels of the organization. As an employee, I know my voice is heard. We are open and honest, and we are encouraged to give and receive constructive feedback to/from anyone in the organization--yes, I can have constructive feedback sessions with my director (and be comfortable doing it)!

Cons

Vacation days aren't consistent across our global geographies, and understandably so. It does create tensions when some of our offices are out for extended periods of time due to local country standards. I recognize that that's business, but it would be nice if the company could have a global standard of vacation days.

Advice to Management

Because of the effort and energy I have put into VentureWeb, I have been rewarded by travelling to different countries for work. Not everyone is afforded this opportunity and it can make the environment difficult once you return. Better internal communications could resolve this. Or alternatively, creating an exchange program so that employees can be rewarded for a job well-done. You may see rising stars born!

Oct 5, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Wow what an incredible review! Thank you so much, for taking the time to write this with such #care. We are evidently so lucky to have you in our VentureWeb fold for over 5 years.

I will put... More