VentureWeb Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matthew Jankelow

"Incredibly positive experience so far"

Current Employee - Marketing Contractor in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Marketing Contractor in New Orleans, LA

Pros

- Excellent preparation for interview (they provided ample information, many supportive documents and meetings). When the actual final hiring interview came, it was incredibly painless because I was so well prepped by VentureWeb
    - Excellent skill-matching. It took a little time before I was matched with a contract, but when I was, it was a perfect fit.
    - Outstanding support. VentureWeb has not left me out to dry in any way. We have monthly one-on-one meetings that help me understand how to get the most out of my contract role and they are always looking out for any additional work for me.
    - Unbeatable work-life balance.

Cons

- You may have to wait a while to get a contract role that fits. Not necessarily a con though, as it prevents you from getting tied up in a role that isn't right for you.

Advice to Management

I honestly don't have much! I would love to see the onboarding training get updated a bit-- sometimes nomenclature and systems that my new role assumed that I would know didn't get explained to me or used outdated terms. I would have loved an acronym and term glossary going in.

"Full time contract work"

Current Employee - Web Content in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Web Content in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at VentureWeb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is extremely nice
    Communication is great and they really do a lot to make sure you are comfortable and feel okay in your contract position

Cons

Not many benefits. They recently offered Health and Dental, which is great. Would love if there were vacation benefits for contractors.

"Contractor"

Pros

This is a great company to contract with; they really look for the right skills match and are strong advocates for their employees.

Cons

.It's improving rapidly; but as with all contracting companies the benefits aren't that strong. Some other contracting companies offer bonuses and vacation - that wasn't available yet with VentureWeb.

Advice to Management

Your strength is communication with employees - keep up the great work!!

5. "Wouldn't work anywhere else..."

I have been working at VentureWeb full-time

Pros

Great talented people who care deeply about the work they deliver.
    An authentic and genuine company culture.
    Flexible options in both location and work.

Cons

Complexity of working in a global business. This includes time zone implications and connecting live with people around the world for effective communication.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the great culture that has been built in the business as you grow. Aligned with our values is to remember the constant obsession with talented and caring people.

6. "The best place to work!"

I have been working at VentureWeb full-time

Pros

You are provided with so much support - both personally and professionally. The people are genuine and friendly and set you up for for success. Flexible working arrangements are available. Best place I have ever worked, can't imagine working anywhere else :)

Cons

Can't think of any cons, I just love this environment and the innovative work.

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

7. "There's no place like it"

Pros

Like anything you do in life, you get out what you put in. I have been with the company 5+ years and don't see myself leaving any time soon. I can't trust that other employers will meet my standards like VentureWeb has. Literally, this job is a dream come true. My list of pros are extensive: an ability to effect change; rewards and recognition; the ability to work in a truly global and inclusive environment. My colleagues span India, the UK, Canada, and South Africa and we connect weekly, sometimes daily as a department. We are sensitive to the cultural differences that make our organization unique and we celebrate those differences. As a company, we are united by our CEO. If it weren't for his visionary leadership, the organization would crumble. Matt Jankelow is engaging, his curiosity for business innovation is infectious, and he has built an authentic business that is felt at all levels of the organization. As an employee, I know my voice is heard. We are open and honest, and we are encouraged to give and receive constructive feedback to/from anyone in the organization--yes, I can have constructive feedback sessions with my director (and be comfortable doing it)!

Cons

Vacation days aren't consistent across our global geographies, and understandably so. It does create tensions when some of our offices are out for extended periods of time due to local country standards. I recognize that that's business, but it would be nice if the company could have a global standard of vacation days.

Advice to Management

Because of the effort and energy I have put into VentureWeb, I have been rewarded by travelling to different countries for work. Not everyone is afforded this opportunity and it can make the environment difficult once you return. Better internal communications could resolve this. Or alternatively, creating an exchange program so that employees can be rewarded for a job well-done. You may see rising stars born!

8. "Inspiring place to work!"

I have been working at VentureWeb full-time

Pros

VentureWeb has an extremely unique culture with a CEO who genuinely cares about his employees. It is interesting (and challenging at times) working in a global environment, but we have a leadership team who is diverse in their thinking and committed to creating a positive 360-degree client and candidate experience. I would highly recommend both working for, and with, VentureWeb.

Cons

Mentioned in the above section

9. "Employment experience & General feedback"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I have been working at VentureWeb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Walking into Ventureweb everyday is like walking into my second home. The employees are friendly and kind and I cant say that I have ever had a bad day here!
    I love the global footprint that this company has made and the interaction with staff and contractors all over the globe has really been a key opportunity for me to connect with the rest of the world!

Cons

I cant think of any downsides at this point in time - but in all honesty I don't feel that there are any downsides to working at Ventureweb!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work! Driving these global teams can not be the easiest task on earth and each and every single one of us appreciates you and the effort you put into each of our daily lives here!

10. "A great company with caring and innovative leadership!"

Pros

There is a reason why the longevity of the average VentureWeb employee is exceptionally long. It is in my opinion that VentureWeb's success is directly due to great leadership, an extremely flexible working environment, kind and smart people, a sense of pride and accountability and a real upholding of the culture-code.
    The benefit of working from home and/or flexible working means family/work/life balance is achievable and makes for happy, independent, trustworthy, passionate and loyal employees.

Cons

No health care benefit yet for certain offices.

Advice to Management

The fabulous VentureWeb culture comes top down - It is because of your incredible, understanding leadership style, the genuine care you have for your employees, your forward and innovative thinking and your belief in retaining talent with great flexibility, work/life balance, trust, care and respect. Well done!

11. "Great company - creative, supportive environment to learn & grow"

I have been working at VentureWeb full-time

Pros

Pros are: flexibility (hours and working from home), supportive & caring leadership, company values diversity and "doing the right thing", global workforce with multiple service lines / clients provides lots of room to learn and grow skill set.

Cons

Cons are: monthly pay cycle (the norm in some geos but not in NA), limited career advancement and no basic phone/internet reimbursement for employees working from home.

Advice to Management

Spend some time looking at concrete ways to encourage people who have been on staff for multiple years with no advancement. New opportunities within their roles, better benefits, etc.